Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I have a 6:30 ADR for Cape May Buffet. We won't have a car or park hoppers. We'll be at DHS for that day and scheduled closing for now is set for 7:30pm. Will use water taxi to Beach Club and can walk back to DHS after dinner and catch the bus back to POR. How late do the buses run to the Resorts after park closing?

Sorry this has probably been answered a hundred times but I don't have enough time to read every post. I have 2 PPO ADRs for our trip in November, the Disney CM told me we would have to take a cab. Is this correct? Ones at BOG and ones at the Crystal Palace. Both at 8. What time do the busses start running?

I have a 6:30 ADR for Cape May Buffet. We won't have a car or park hoppers. We'll be at DHS for that day and scheduled closing for now is set for 7:30pm. Will use water taxi to Beach Club and can walk back to DHS after dinner and catch the bus back to POR. How late do the buses run to the Resorts after park closing?
At least an hour, probably a bit longer.

Sorry this has probably been answered a hundred times but I don't have enough time to read every post. I have 2 PPO ADRs for our trip in November, the Disney CM told me we would have to take a cab. Is this correct? Ones at BOG and ones at the Crystal Palace. Both at 8. What time do the busses start running?
Buses start running around 6:30am each morning. I would be out at the MK bus stop by 6:45. These buses don't run quite as frequently as regular buses.

We took a bus to our MK PPO ADR last year and it was fine. We got on the bus at 7am and made it in 20 minutes from POR.

So, no cab necessary :)

Sorry if this has been asked before. 237 pages is a lot to read through. Every night we have dinner in the park we are doing that day except for one. One evening we are doing dinner at HDDR at 6:15. We will be at animal kingdom that whole day. What time should we leave to head to dinner and how do I get there? Is there a way to go from the park to there or do I need to go back to my hotel and then to there? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before. 237 pages is a lot to read through. Every night we have dinner in the park we are doing that day except for one. One evening we are doing dinner at HDDR at 6:15. We will be at animal kingdom that whole day. What time should we leave to head to dinner and how do I get there? Is there a way to go from the park to there or do I need to go back to my hotel and then to there? Thanks!

I would take the bus to MK then take the boat to FtW - Pioneer Hall is just a short walk from the boat dock. I would leave AK about 4:45.

Is there any way to get to Epcot from the Poly without taking the monorail?
Not really. You could go to MK, then transfer to an Epcot resort bus and then either walk or boat over to Epcot via the International Gateway.
Or a cab.

Is there any way to get to Epcot from the Poly without taking the monorail?
Not really. You could go to MK, then transfer to an Epcot resort bus and then either walk or boat over to Epcot via the International Gateway.
Or a cab.
Another option would be bus to DHS, and then boat to Epcot's rear gate, the International Gateway. Or you could take the bus from DHS to Epcot's Front Gate.

Another option would be bus to DHS, and then boat to Epcot's rear gate, the International Gateway. Or you could take the bus from DHS to Epcot's Front Gate.
Duh...I knew that!!! Thanks for suggesting it.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking today at work. How about bus at TTC to BC resort or YC and then walk to epcot? I like the monorail but I heard of it getting stuck a few times for over an hour and I don't think I would be good company if that happened, so I will try to avoid it.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking today at work. How about bus at TTC to BC resort or YC and then walk to epcot? I like the monorail but I heard of it getting stuck a few times for over an hour and I don't think I would be good company if that happened, so I will try to avoid it.
No buses at TTC. You'll have to take the monorail or boat to MK to go that route.

I'm not 100% sure, but it might not be running early enough to get there. You would have to be in it by about 7, then it would take 15+ mins to walk back to Akershus. If it were me, I think I would take a cab to the BC and walk in through the International Gateway. You could leave the Polynesian around 7:30ish.
Goofy4tink, I found this post looking for info about getting throughs the international gateway early. For us specifically, we'll be staying at BWV and have an 8:30 AM FutureWorld tour scheduled.

First call: I happen to ask when I called to book the tour if we would be able to get through the IG at 8 AM and was told no...take a bus from BWV to the front of Epcot. Which seems ridiculous. Didn't book.

2nd call to make sure we could get through IG at 8:30 to do the 9:00 tour. Yes.

3rd call: After discussing with DH, decided to book the 9:00 tour (but we have afternoon MK plans we hope to make...the earlier the tour, the better, but being able to walk through IG is better than taking a bus). Wanted to confirm that we could get through the IG at 8:30 and was told yes, the gate opens at 8 for people with dining reservations. I questioned "even the IG?" He called guest relations to confirm yes, we can get through the IG at 8 AM for dining and tours. Guaranteed me 100% he spoke to someone in the know at GR, and the answer is yes. Booked 8:30 tour.

4th call. Got off the phone feeling uneasy. So I called BWV. I figured they must know, that this situation must come up, no? First person said that if I have a reservation for a tour I SHOULD be able to get in at 8 AM. I said I need to know FOR SURE. She asked someone, and then told me that YES, I can get in through the IG, but that I needed to take the bus there. ??? I tried to explain again, but she talked over me, telling me again to catch the 6 AM bus to the IG, then walk to my reservation. One of the most frustrating conversations with a CM ever. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

5th person (NOT a supervisor): Again, said that I SHOULD be able to get through the IG. Again, I need to know for sure. She called Guest Relations...I heard her end of the conversation. That answer was NO, I can't use the IG...need to take the bus to the front of Epcot. Told her I was guaranteed by Tour department CM, who had also called guest relations. She tried to reach the tour department manager, but couldn't. Supposedly he/she is going to call me back.

Typically, DISers know more than CMs. I have read conflicting experiences tho from posts on the DIS and other sites when I googled the question. I also looked at breakfast times for Epcot restaurants, and they seem to start at 8. Do Epcot resort guests really need to take the bus there for breakfast? And if they CAN get in through the IG, surely tour guests should be able to.

I just don't understand why Disney doesn't have the answer written in stone.

So, yes or no, or in typical Disney fashion, it's hit or miss??

Goofy4tink, I found this post looking for info about getting throughs the international gateway early. For us specifically, we'll be staying at BWV and have an 8:30 AM FutureWorld tour scheduled.

First call: I happen to ask when I called to book the tour if we would be able to get through the IG at 8 AM and was told no...take a bus from BWV to the front of Epcot. Which seems ridiculous. Didn't book.

2nd call to make sure we could get through IG at 8:30 to do the 9:00 tour. Yes.

3rd call: After discussing with DH, decided to book the 9:00 tour (but we have afternoon MK plans we hope to make...the earlier the tour, the better, but being able to walk through IG is better than taking a bus). Wanted to confirm that we could get through the IG at 8:30 and was told yes, the gate opens at 8 for people with dining reservations. I questioned "even the IG?" He called guest relations to confirm yes, we can get through the IG at 8 AM for dining and tours. Guaranteed me 100% he spoke to someone in the know at GR, and the answer is yes. Booked 8:30 tour.

4th call. Got off the phone feeling uneasy. So I called BWV. I figured they must know, that this situation must come up, no? First person said that if I have a reservation for a tour I SHOULD be able to get in at 8 AM. I said I need to know FOR SURE. She asked someone, and then told me that YES, I can get in through the IG, but that I needed to take the bus there. ??? I tried to explain again, but she talked over me, telling me again to catch the 6 AM bus to the IG, then walk to my reservation. One of the most frustrating conversations with a CM ever. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

5th person (NOT a supervisor): Again, said that I SHOULD be able to get through the IG. Again, I need to know for sure. She called Guest Relations...I heard her end of the conversation. That answer was NO, I can't use the IG...need to take the bus to the front of Epcot. Told her I was guaranteed by Tour department CM, who had also called guest relations. She tried to reach the tour department manager, but couldn't. Supposedly he/she is going to call me back.

Typically, DISers know more than CMs. I have read conflicting experiences tho from posts on the DIS and other sites when I googled the question. I also looked at breakfast times for Epcot restaurants, and they seem to start at 8. Do Epcot resort guests really need to take the bus there for breakfast? And if they CAN get in through the IG, surely tour guests should be able to.

I just don't understand why Disney doesn't have the answer written in stone.

So, yes or no, or in typical Disney fashion, it's hit or miss??
Does your tour meet inside Epcot, or in front of Epcot? They let people in who need to get in early. They don't let people in to cut through.

If you ask two CM's, you'll get three different answers. You might even get someone at the IG to let you through. Maybe. But maybe isn't really good enough, is it?

Does your tour meet inside Epcot, or in front of Epcot? They let people in who need to get in early. They don't let people in to cut through.

If you ask two CM's, you'll get three different answers. You might even get someone at the IG to let you through. Maybe. But maybe isn't really good enough, is it?
The tour is Undiscovered FutureWorld. Meets at Innoventions.

This is our 25th Disney trip coming up. The most frustrating thing is trying to get a simple answer to a simple question from CMs. And no, we can't just take the chance that someone might let us in through the IG. Hopefully I can still get this straightened out before I just end up canceling.

The tour is Undiscovered FutureWorld. Meets at Innoventions.

This is our 25th Disney trip coming up. The most frustrating thing is trying to get a simple answer to a simple question from CMs. And no, we can't just take the chance that someone might let us in through the IG. Hopefully I can still get this straightened out before I just end up canceling.
Why not just take Uber or Lyft to the front? It'll probably be the minimum fare of $5.50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter