Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

There's a possibility that my friend will need to take a taxi from Wyndham Bonnet Creek to meet me at MK one afternoon. I'm wondering if the best bet for the lowest fair would be Uber? I have no experience w/this service but on their site it says your first trip is discounted after signing up.

A regular taxi service gave me a $26 estimate but even without the initial sign up discount from Uber, their quote was $12 (both including tip).

I know that the resort provides a bus at a fee but have read it is unreliable & not worth it to use.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Does anyone know where the taxi would drop him off (TTC or MK)?

Thanks! :)

I'll apologize up front for not getting all the way through this thread before asking my question.

Does the boat between POFQ and DTD come and go from the same dock in DTD as the boat between Saratoga Springs and DTD?

Real question - if I ended up nabbing a last minute ADR at Turf Club on arrival night, could I boat from POFQ to DTD to Saratoga (and back again) without having to roam around DTD?

I'll apologize up front for not getting all the way through this thread before asking my question.

Does the boat between POFQ and DTD come and go from the same dock in DTD as the boat between Saratoga Springs and DTD?

Real question - if I ended up nabbing a last minute ADR at Turf Club on arrival night, could I boat from POFQ to DTD to Saratoga (and back again) without having to roam around DTD?

I'm pretty sure that SSR and OKW are at a separate dock from POR and POFQ, but according to this post, the POR/POFQ dock connects to a footbridge to SSR.

I'm pretty sure that SSR and OKW are at a separate dock from POR and POFQ, but according to this post, the POR/POFQ dock connects to a footbridge to SSR.
Correct, SSR & OKW dock at the West Side near HOB.

PO boats dock at the new footbridge that runs between DTD MP & SSR, but the bridge is closest to the Congress Park section of SSR. It's a 1/2 mi. walk from the dock to the Turf Club in the Springs area of SSR.

This is such a great place to come for logistical info!

One more question came to me: we are coming at one of the busiest times of the year (can't be avoided), and we will be coming from the airport the morning of July 2. After checking in at POR, I hope to be at Epcot by around 11 or 12.

What are the chances of the Epcot parking lot being full by then? We will have a rental car, and I like driving myself and not waiting for buses. But on this day, if it would be better, I'll use the bus and get dropped off right out front.

I'm also thinking that our MK day we should also use the buses from POR to avoid the TTC? Or am I wrong and even buses go to the TTC?

This is such a great place to come for logistical info!

One more question came to me: we are coming at one of the busiest times of the year (can't be avoided), and we will be coming from the airport the morning of July 2. After checking in at POR, I hope to be at Epcot by around 11 or 12.

What are the chances of the Epcot parking lot being full by then? We will have a rental car, and I like driving myself and not waiting for buses. But on this day, if it would be better, I'll use the bus and get dropped off right out front.

I would take the bus. The parking lot probably won't be closed but it will be very full so you would still have to wait for a tram.

I'm also thinking that our MK day we should also use the buses from POR to avoid the TTC? Or am I wrong and even buses go to the TTC?

The bus drops you off right at the gate and would definitely be faster and easier than driving.

As someone who has done it both ways, I would take the bus every day. Traffic can be horrendous during very busy times. I find the bus to be much less stressful.

This will be our first trip using Disney transportation. There will be four of us, two adults to children with strollers.
So to get to Sanaa from POFQ should we boat to DTD then bus to AKL or
POFQ to AK then bus to AKL?

Also should I plan for an hour to get from point A to point B?

This will be our first trip using Disney transportation. There will be four of us, two adults to children with strollers.
So to get to Sanaa from POFQ should we boat to DTD then bus to AKL or
POFQ to AK then bus to AKL?

Also should I plan for an hour to get from point A to point B?

Never transfer at DTD if there is another option.

Transfer at AK if it's still open. I would give it closer to 90 minutes, just to be safe.

Hello!! I have a day trip planned with my daughter and 2yo grand-daughter for Lilo and Stitch character breakfast, followed by shopping at DTD. We will be there on Tuesday, Feb 2nd.

Which would be best? Drive to the Poly and then drive to DTD? Park at the TTC and use monorail/bus? Park at DTD and take the bus to and from the Poly? I was inclined to do the latter since we’re heading back to DTD anyway, but I’ve seen several threads concerning all of the construction at DTD, and that parking can be difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Because of the situation at DTD, I think I would park at the TTC since it's an easy walk to the Poly, then take the bus to DTD.

This will be our first trip using Disney transportation. There will be four of us, two adults to children with strollers. So to get to Sanaa from POFQ should we boat to DTD then bus to AKL or POFQ to AK then bus to AKL? Also should I plan for an hour to get from point A to point B?
You could transfer at Epcot or Hollywood Studios just as easily.

Never transfer at DTD if there is another option.

Transfer at AK if it's still open. I would give it closer to 90 minutes, just to be safe.

Thanks, I had heard to avoid DTD transfer before so I'll try my best to remember that tip during the trip.

There's a possibility that my friend will need to take a taxi from Wyndham Bonnet Creek to meet me at MK one afternoon. I'm wondering if the best bet for the lowest fair would be Uber? I have no experience w/this service but on their site it says your first trip is discounted after signing up.

A regular taxi service gave me a $26 estimate but even without the initial sign up discount from Uber, their quote was $12 (both including tip).

I know that the resort provides a bus at a fee but have read it is unreliable & not worth it to use.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Does anyone know where the taxi would drop him off (TTC or MK)?

Thanks! :)

If you don't want to use the bus, then a cab is going to be your best bet. I can't speak to Uber...have never used it, probably never will. I'm not getting into a car that has no licensing. Anyway...that's a whole other story. As far as where you will be dropped off....both buses and cabs will drop you at the TTC. Only WDW buses can use the actual MK area.
If you decide to take a cab, have them take you to the CR...it's a short and pleasant walk over to MK from there. Under 10 mins.

Thank you, I'll have to remember that.

If AK is open, that's going to be your best bet. If it's closed, then head to any park that is open and take the bus to AKL-Kidani from there. Same for returning to your resort. Although, returning to POFQ, I would be very tempted to take the bus to DTD from Kidani and then the boat to POFQ...so pleasant if you're not in a hurry.

Hello!! I have a day trip planned with my daughter and 2yo grand-daughter for Lilo and Stitch character breakfast, followed by shopping at DTD. We will be there on Tuesday, Feb 2nd.

Which would be best? Drive to the Poly and then drive to DTD? Park at the TTC and use monorail/bus? Park at DTD and take the bus to and from the Poly? I was inclined to do the latter since we’re heading back to DTD anyway, but I’ve seen several threads concerning all of the construction at DTD, and that parking can be difficult.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
A or B. Unless your breakfast reservation is relatively late, there probably won't be any buses from Downtown Disney yet.

Sorry - should have put in the original post that our ressie is for 10:25am.

Think we will just park at the TTC and go from there!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hello all,
Would appreciate your tips on these trips :

-- AKL to DTD (late morning & afternoon). Do they have direct bus in the morning?
-- AKL to BCV (late morning). Bus to AK then to BCV, right? I assume bussing to Epcot won't work unless I have ticket.
-- BCV to CA Grill (evening). Bus to MK, then monorail? Dinner at 9pm, MK opens till 1am that night. So I should be able to reverse my trip afterwards.
-- BWV to SSR (noon). Bus to DTD then SSR?
-- SSR to Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. I have no idea.

I am always confused about using park or DTD or TTC as transit hub. What's the rule?

TIA!

Hello all,
Would appreciate your tips on these trips :

1 -- AKL to DTD (late morning & afternoon). Do they have direct bus in the morning?
2 -- AKL to BCV (late morning). Bus to AK then to BCV, right? I assume bussing to Epcot won't work unless I have ticket.
3 -- BCV to CA Grill (evening). Bus to MK, then monorail? Dinner at 9pm, MK opens till 1am that night. So I should be able to reverse my trip afterwards.
4 -- BWV to SSR (noon). Bus to DTD then SSR?
5 -- SSR to Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. I have no idea.

I am always confused about using park or DTD or TTC as transit hub. What's the rule?

TIA!
1 - yes, direct bus
2 - or bus to DHS, then walk or boat to BC
3 - or walk
4 - yes, either walk, boat, or bus
5 - bus to Blizzard Beach and walk, or taxi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter