Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Ok, but......you say buses to the parks, for day guests, start an hour prior to park opening. But where are theses 'day guests' coming from? Buses. From resort to parks, start running by 6:30. Other than the park to park buses, what other buses would be running? Anyone could drive to Pop, for example, park there and hop on a bus at 6:30. To what end though? As you say, they can't get into the park without an ADR..I guess maybe it's just a question of semantics.

It is semantics. Buses run from the resorts to the parks. Before 8am (on a park that opens at 9) Buses are provided for the breakfast guests. This is indicated by the frequency of the buses. Come an hour prior to opening, buses at a resort are much more frequent and in some cases, a transportation coordinator is on site to dispatch for demand. Again, don't know whats happening now but when I was driving in the mornings, we had buses staged at the All Stars and POR parking lots and at the CBR cast services building to service the demand. When the line for a park got too big, the coordinator dispatched one of us from staging.

What I was trying to do was explain why the official site states that buses are available an hour before the park opens. Anything before that hour is considered a breakfast bus and that is the reason those buses run. Other than trying board a bus to transfer at a closed park, I don't know of a time where a guest is denied boarding, so, yes you can board a 6:30am breakfast bus to arrive at the park early. Try to get in without an ADR or a tour booked.

If one really wants to drive to a resort to board an early bus, go for it. I can think of better things to do than wait outside the park for a couple of hours first thing in the morning.

Last edited:
Okey dokey. Figured 'we' were on the same page! Just wanted to be sure everyone else knew what we meant!

Another question about a Spring Training game at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Will we be able to catch a bus to there from Magic Kingdom?

Nope. There are buses that run to WWoS, but they don't run from everywhere. They may run from DHS....I'm sure someone here will have better knowledge than I.

I called Disney and the cast member said, "Yes", but didn't sound very certain. What would be my best options from getting from MK to WWoS?

I called Disney and the cast member said, "Yes", but didn't sound very certain. What would be my best options from getting from MK to WWoS?

You best option is to walk to the contemporary and take a cab.

Failing that, you could transfer at CBR or Pop (and maybe the all star resorts - I'm not sure.) You should allow at least 90 minutes.

Edit: I googled an found this:
Bus transportation to ESPN Wide World of Sports is available from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort on a limited schedule:

Thursday - Monday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

These buses will also run when events are taking place at the sports complex based on the following schedule:

One (1) hour prior to sports complex opening until 11:00 p.m. or sports complex close, whichever is later.

During the scheduled operating hours, buses from Disney's All-Star Sports Resorts, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney's Pop Century Resort to ESPN Wide World of Sports will arrive at the sports complex on the hour and ½ hour.

Failing that, you could transfer at CBR or Pop (and maybe the all star resorts - I'm not sure.) You should allow at least 90 minutes.
Yep, those two and All-Star Sports (not Music or Movies).

Edit: I googled an found this:

Thanks for the response. I just talked to another Disney cast member on the phone, who also said there are direct buses from MK, so I guess I will check when I get there next month. Otherwise, I guess a cab from Contemporary will be the back-up option.

PC to MK for 9am rope drop. What time would you be at bus stop?

Poly - is there a boat to the transportation center or only to MK?

Cab from PC to Poly for 5:15 show. What time would you get a cab? Do you book ahead or ask at the desk?

PC to MK for 8:15 breakfast. Cab at 7:15?
Closest the cab can get is Contemporary is there a drop off closer? Is it a long walk?
Would it be better to take a cab to TTC then monorail to the park?

PC to MK for 9am rope drop. What time would you be at bus stop?

1. Poly - is there a boat to the transportation center or only to MK?

2. Cab from PC to Poly for 5:15 show. What time would you get a cab? Do you book ahead or ask at the desk?

3. PC to MK for 8:15 breakfast. Cab at 7:15?

4. Closest the cab can get is Contemporary is there a drop off closer? Is it a long walk?

5. Would it be better to take a cab to TTC then monorail to the park?

1. The boat goes directly to the MK.

2. I've never taken a cab at WDW, but I would think 4:30-4:45 would be fine.

3. Why take a cab? As has been stated, buses start running at 6:30.

4. The Contemporary is only a 10 minute walk.

5. The cab to the Contemporary would be faster, especially since the monorail would have to stop at the Poly and GF before the MK.

Thanks for the response. I just talked to another Disney cast member on the phone, who also said there are direct buses from MK, so I guess I will check when I get there next month. Otherwise, I guess a cab from Contemporary will be the back-up option.
Unless something new is being planned this year for Spring Training, there are no buses from MK to EWWS.

Bear in mind that when you call WDW, you are talking to a call center that may not even be in the state of FL. The operator is looking for the answer to your question on a computer, where there may be some inaccurate, misleading, or outdated info.

Buses run from Pop Century, all 3 All-Stars, and CBR Custom House stop only.

Aside from a taxi, the best way would be a bus from MK to Pop. The bus to EWWS (when running) leaves Pop every 30 minutes at around 5 & 35 past the hour, arriving at EWWS about 20 minutes later after stopping at CBR. Or you could take a taxi from Pop to EWWS, which will probably cost about 1/3 of the cost from CR.

If you are attending a Braves game, be sure to allow lots of extra time due to heavy traffic congestion as game time approaches.

Last edited:
What is the quickest route from Sports to Polynesian and then to Animal Kingdom. Would like to treat the family to bfast @ Kona before we hit the parks.... no cabs...just park transit..tyia

Actually looks like the fastest way is bus to MK, boat/monorail to Polynesian, boat/monorail back to MK, then bus to MK, or is there a bus from Polynesian straight to AK?

Last edited:
Using Disney transportation, yes, you would take the bus to MK, then boat or monorail to the Polynesian. There's a direct bus from the Poly to AK.

Question - I am staying at AOA and have a 7:10 reservation at Chef Mickeys.Is the only way to get there a taxi? If so, how early would I need to get the taxi? Or is there another way to get there? Thanks!

Unless something new is being planned this year for Spring Training, there are no buses from MK to EWWS.

Bear in mind that when you call WDW, you are talking to a call center that may not even be in the state of FL. The operator is looking for the answer to your question on a computer, where there may be some inaccurate, misleading, or outdated info.

Buses run from Pop Century, all 3 All-Stars, and CBR Custom House stop only.

Aside from a taxi, the best way would be a bus from MK to Pop. The bus to EWWS (when running) leaves Pop every 30 minutes at around 5 & 35 past the hour, arriving at EWWS about 20 minutes later after stopping at CBR. Or you could take a taxi from Pop to EWWS, which will probably cost about 1/3 of the cost from CR.

If you are attending a Braves game, be sure to allow lots of extra time due to heavy traffic congestion as game time approaches.

Thanks....you sure to make things easier around here!!!!

Question - I am staying at AOA and have a 7:10 reservation at Chef Mickeys.Is the only way to get there a taxi? If so, how early would I need to get the taxi? Or is there another way to get there? Thanks!

Buses start running by 6:30am...BUT......they don't arrive as frequently as the normal buses do. They tend to run every 20-25 mins. If you can get on the first bus to the MK, no later than 6:30, then you should be fine. You would be better off walking over to CM's from the MK...easy walk, under 10 mins. Or...just take a cab directly to the CR. You could leave the resort by 6:50.

I am trying to make ADRs for Kona on 4/17 a Friday. Parks open at 9 and I am staying at Pop. I hate doing later breakfasts, so what is the earliest I should make it without tempting fate too much? And at an early hour, which is the best way to get there? This is our first trip to WDW.

I am trying to make ADRs for Kona on 4/17 a Friday. Parks open at 9 and I am staying at Pop. I hate doing later breakfasts, so what is the earliest I should make it without tempting fate too much?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

And at an early hour, which is the best way to get there? This is our first trip to WDW.

If it's before 7:30, I definitely recommend taking a cab. If it's after that, you can either take a cab or take the bus to MK and then the monorail to the Poly.

Which would be quicker from All Star Movies to DTD for lunch, then to AK: buses or driving? I want to have lunch at DTD on our check in day before going to AK. If driving would be faster from our resort to DTD, I'd rather go back to park at the resort & take the bus to AK to rely on Disney transportation for the rest of the day..

I am trying to make ADRs for Kona on 4/17 a Friday. Parks open at 9 and I am staying at Pop. I hate doing later breakfasts, so what is the earliest I should make it without tempting fate too much? And at an early hour, which is the best way to get there? This is our first trip to WDW.
Buses will start running by 6:30....bit they so tend to run a not less frequently than the regular buses run. So if you just miss one, it could be a longish wait for the next one. I would make an ADR for around 8. That would allow you to eat and then be at MK by 9. I would be out at the MK bus stop by 6:45. When you get ro MK, you can take the monorail to the Polynesian...or the boat if its running.
An ADR earlier that might be pushing it.

Which would be quicker from All Star Movies to DTD for lunch, then to AK: buses or driving? I want to have lunch at DTD on our check in day before going to AK. If driving would be faster from our resort to DTD, I'd rather go back to park at the resort & take the bus to AK to rely on Disney transportation for the rest of the day..

Actually, I would do the opposite of what you're considering. From what I've been reading, with the construction at DTD, driving has become a pain, so I would take the bus to DTD and then back to your hotel, then drive to AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter