Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

You'll take the bus to DHS and then walk to Fantasia Gardens. The, to get to DTD, you'll walk to the Swan and then take the bus to DTD.
Walking all the way from DHS to FG via the BW-Swan bridge is about 1.15 mi. You can cut it down to just under a mile with this shortcut:
  1. Take the path from DHS towards BW
  2. Just after going under the bridge, take the side path to your right, up to the street
  3. At the street, take the sidewalk to the right, crossing over the bridge you just went under
  4. When you reach the traffic light, follow the sidewalk around to the right
  5. After passing the Swan entrance, you'll come to a crosswalk that leads into FG
If that's still too long, just take the boat from DHS to the Swan and walk from there. Walking all the way may or may not save you time, depending on how fast you walk and how long you would wait for the boat.

Shortest walk from the Swan-Dolphin boat dock to FG:
  1. As you exit the dock, turn left towards the Swan
  2. Turn right on the tree-lined path along the waterfront, before entering the Swan lobby
  3. When you reach the sandy beach, stay on the path to the left. That path leads to the crosswalk to FG.

Best way to get from Blizzard Beach's mini golf to DisneyQuest?
Shuttle bus BB to CSR, then bus to DTD PI stop.

- OR -

Bus to SSR Springs stop, then walk 2/3 mile to DQ.

- OR -

Taxi, about $15, possibly more if traffic is bad.

joelkfla said:
Shuttle bus BB to CSR, then bus to DTD PI stop.

- OR -

Bus to SSR Springs stop, then walk 2/3 mile to DQ.

- OR -

Taxi, about $15, possibly more if traffic is bad.

Thanks.

The evening I was thinking about watching the fireworks from the Poly is the same night as when MK has the extra evening hours. Should I just linger at the Poly to avoid the traffic knowing that busses will be running for quite a while, or should I try for a different night?

With it being EMHs that night, it shouldn't be as bad as usual. I'm seldom in a huge rush to get into the bus lines...so take your time. Don't make that mad dash for either the boat or monorail in order to get over to MK to get the bus back. Take your time....linger a bit. Then head over.

Forgive me if this has been answered here already..even the search function turns up zillions of answers!

We will be in AK during the day and have dinner reservations at Sanaa. That part is easy..but how do we get back to CSR at 7 or 8 pm? Bus to DD or to a park (which one?) and then to CSR?

Our last day we will be spent at DD or CSR and have dinner reservations at Ohana. What is the best way to get there? Bus to MK and then walk or monorail to the Poly?

Thank you for your help! I love a clear plan when we travel!
Lauri

Forgive me if this has been answered here already..even the search function turns up zillions of answers!

1. We will be in AK during the day and have dinner reservations at Sanaa. That part is easy..but how do we get back to CSR at 7 or 8 pm? Bus to DD or to a park (which one?) and then to CSR?

2. Our last day we will be spent at DD or CSR and have dinner reservations at Ohana. What is the best way to get there? Bus to MK and then walk or monorail to the Poly?

Thank you for your help! I love a clear plan when we travel!
Lauri

1. A lot of people say don't go through DTD to get back to your hotel because of long waits for buses, but personally, I like going that route and then spending some time at DTD. If you're not interested in doing that though, I would take a cab, because going to any of the parks or DTD is really going to take you out of your way because AKL is very close to CSR, and in fact you would go past CSR to get to any of the parks. (I don't know if you would literally pass it, but it's basically between AKL and HS.)

2. Bus to MK then monorail to the Poly; you can't walk from MK to the Poly. Instead of taking the resort monorail though, you could take the express one which only stops at the TTC, because the TTC is an easy walk to the Poly.

We will be in AK during the day and have dinner reservations at Sanaa. That part is easy..but how do we get back to CSR at 7 or 8 pm? Bus to DD or to a park (which one?) and then to CSR?
If you don't like the taxi option, after DAK, next best choice to transfer is DHS if still open, then Epcot, which is almost always open that late. Yes, there is some doubling back, but not that much.
Our last day we will be spent at DD or CSR and have dinner reservations at Ohana. What is the best way to get there? Bus to MK and then walk or monorail to the Poly?
If you're at the resort, bus to MK, then monorail or boat to Poly. From DTD, there's a bus to Poly.

Checking in at Poly, then have a 2pm lunch ADR at Sanaa/AKL. May have to leave the luggage and return for check-in. That's ok. Question: how long should we allow for the bus from the Polynesian to AKL? THANKS:goodvibes!

Checking in at Poly, then have a 2pm lunch ADR at Sanaa/AKL. May have to leave the luggage and return for check-in. That's ok. Question: how long should we allow for the bus from the Polynesian to AKL? THANKS:goodvibes!

There isn't a direct bus from the Poly to AKL. If you're using Disney transportation, you'd have to take the monorail or the ferry to MK, then a bus to AKL. It's generally recommended to give yourself 90 minutes to get from one resort to another using Disney transportation, although I wonder if you could cut that down a bit due to the Poly's proximity to MK.

There isn't a direct bus from the Poly to AKL. If you're using Disney transportation, you'd have to take the monorail or the ferry to MK, then a bus to AKL. It's generally recommended to give yourself 90 minutes to get from one resort to another using Disney transportation, although I wonder if you could cut that down a bit due to the Poly's proximity to MK.

Yikes, didn't know that! No matter, will go to MK and then bus to AKL. Would there be a better connection from the TTC to AKL? Then we can walk to the TTC from Poly... THANKS!

My daughter has a BBB appointment at 9:00 and we have Coral Reef reservations at 11:30 at Epcot. What is the best way to get from DTD to Epcot and is it doable?

Two situations I have questions about:

1. On December 3, we are spending the day in Animal Kingdom. We then intend to head to Hollywood Studios strictly to see the Osborne Lights. Best methods and approximate travel times, anyone? We then have 9:00 reservations at Jiko. Again, best methods/travel time?

2. December 4 is a bit convoluted--starting at Hollywood Studios. Need to get to DTD for a BBB appointment at 5:00pm. Best method and what time should we leave the studios? Post-BBB, we are headed to Magic Kingdom (we have MVMCP tickets that pm). Best method/approximate travel times?

What say ye?

Yikes, didn't know that! No matter, will go to MK and then bus to AKL. Would there be a better connection from the TTC to AKL? Then we can walk to the TTC from Poly... THANKS!
The only Disney buses you will find at the TTC are buses to DHS and AK..no buses going to a resort. You could walk over and take the bus to AK and then transfer to the AKL bus at AK. Probably just as easy to boat or monorail over to MK and take the bus to AK from there. Plan on it taking at least an hour total.

My daughter has a BBB appointment at 9:00 and we have Coral Reef reservations at 11:30 at Epcot. What is the best way to get from DTD to Epcot and is it doable?
Best way would be a bus to YC/BC from DTD..that gets you close to the International Gateway...Coral Reef is a 10-15 min walk from there. You need to be at the bus stop at DTD by 10:30.

Two situations I have questions about:

1. On December 3, we are spending the day in Animal Kingdom. We then intend to head to Hollywood Studios strictly to see the Osborne Lights. Best methods and approximate travel times, anyone? We then have 9:00 reservations at Jiko. Again, best methods/travel time?

2. December 4 is a bit convoluted--starting at Hollywood Studios. Need to get to DTD for a BBB appointment at 5:00pm. Best method and what time should we leave the studios? Post-BBB, we are headed to Magic Kingdom (we have MVMCP tickets that pm). Best method/approximate travel times?

What say ye?
Dec 3.....There is a bus that will get you to DHS right from AK. Then, a bus to AKL-Jambo by 8:15ish.

Dec 4....Boat or walk to BW. Leave DHS no later than 3:30. After BBB, bus to CR, then walk over to MK..takes about 8-10 mins. Plan on leaving DTD as soon as your BBB appt is done. That should get you to MK for the actual start of the party.

Dec 3.....There is a bus that will get you to DHS right from AK. Then, a bus to AKL-Jambo by 8:15ish.

Dec 4....Boat or walk to BW. Leave DHS no later than 3:30. After BBB, bus to CR, then walk over to MK..takes about 8-10 mins. Plan on leaving DTD as soon as your BBB appt is done. That should get you to MK for the actual start of the party.

I assume BW is "boardwalk"? Is there an easy way to DTD from there? Catch a bus, i imagine? Sorry for all the questions, but I have had little experience in DTD.

Thank you so much for all your advice!

I assume BW is "boardwalk"? Is there an easy way to DTD from there? Catch a bus, i imagine? Sorry for all the questions, but I have had little experience in DTD.

Thank you so much for all your advice!

Yes, BW is Boardwalk, and there is a bus from Boardwalk to DTD.

I'm new to this site and am totally confused by all the abbreviations!!! We will be at WDW Jan 4 and need to get from All Star Music to Hoop de Doo Revue for a 4 pm show. One of our people gets sick on a boat so no water transportation for us. How do we get to Hoop de Doo and what time do we need to leave ASM. (See I'm catching on!)

I'm new to this site and am totally confused by all the abbreviations!!! We will be at WDW Jan 4 and need to get from All Star Music to Hoop de Doo Revue for a 4 pm show. One of our people gets sick on a boat so no water transportation for us. How do we get to Hoop de Doo and what time do we need to leave ASM. (See I'm catching on!)
It will take 3 buses. I suggest:
  1. Bus to MK
  2. Bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge
  3. Bus from WL to Fort Wilderness
The bus from WL stops right by Pioneer Hall, the HDDR venue. Buses from all other locations stop at the Outpost parking lot, from where you would need to take an internal shuttle bus to HDDR.

Start traveling 90 minutes before you want to arrive. It likely won't take that long, but it could if you just miss the bus at each location.

Yikes! I see the above recommendation that Poly > AKL will take 60-90 min. What about Poly > AK park?? Does time of day make a difference? We have an 8:05 breakfast ADR at Tusker House. What time would you suggest leaving Poly? This is our first time staying on property, so Disney transportation is new for us. Do we walk to TTC then take a bus to AK? Or is there a bus directly to AK?

Thanks for your help!!

Yikes! I see the above recommendation that Poly > AKL will take 60-90 min. What about Poly > AK park?? Does time of day make a difference? We have an 8:05 breakfast ADR at Tusker House. What time would you suggest leaving Poly? This is our first time staying on property, so Disney transportation is new for us. Do we walk to TTC then take a bus to AK? Or is there a bus directly to AK?

Thanks for your help!!

There is a direct bus from the poly to AK. You should be at the bus stop at 7:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter