Official~ Having a Dole Whip in honor of Bob "Bawb" Varley

Anyone want to meet me at the dole whip stand on June 16th? I'll have on my DIS podcast shirt.

FORGIVE ME. I HAD THE DOLE WHIP SANS PHOTO

I told DH I have to take a pic with a Dole Whip for Bawb. Well, first we went on Splash Mountain and got drenched. This in turn made my hair look like a cross between my Aunt Gertrude and Barbara Bush. In other words, if you were to wikipedia "bad hair day", I would be the feature example. :eek: :eek: :eek:

My Dole Whip photo will have to be taken on a later visit when I have hairspray with me. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all of your pix. :goodvibes

SlapWhitey, that flat Bawb really cracked me up, especially the flowered shirt and boot. You are too funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When were you there? Are you there now? I am just back, wonder if we were there at the same time.

Ahh SPlash got you huh LOL, I love when that happens!

We had so much fun on Splash. We were in front of a Mom and her DD who never rode it before. We kept pretending that the big plunge was coming and they'd keep saying "ohh, they faked us out!!" :lmao:

I think we were there at the same time. I was in the parks complaining about the heat and my hair from the 18th - 21st. :scared:

As far as taking a pix of just the Dole Whip without moi, I didn't think of it. I'll have another chance in August. :thumbsup2

As far as taking a pix of just the Dole Whip without moi, I didn't think of it. I'll have another chance in August. :thumbsup2

If you'll be there during the last week of August...you can meet cocowum and me for a Dole Whip. And you won't have to worry about your hair as everyone will be too busy staring at mine -- humidity is not my friend!

We had so much fun on Splash. We were in front of a Mom and her DD who never rode it before. We kept pretending that the big plunge was coming and they'd keep saying "ohh, they faked us out!!" :lmao:

I think we were there at the same time. I was in the parks complaining about the heat and my hair from the 18th - 21st. :scared:

Darn it, we were there 16-25 so DD and I were there the whole time you were :( we didn't know that :(

It was great weather LOL 2 days where "HOT as Africa" and of course one was our Dole Whip day LOL I am still working on getting the pics posted. Just no time on my laptop these days.

Hey August is gonna brutal for heat "Don't ya know nothing?" LOL you ready for that??

I

Greetings Everyone: I had a Dole Whip for Bawb on Friday, May 16th.

I was in Orlando all by myself for a conference. Corey and Julie helped me get tickets to the PPP on Friday, May 16th (after my meeting was over). I had to get a Dole Whip in honor of Bawb. It was actually my first Dole Whip, but won't be my last.

094DisneyMay08.jpg

In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

The experience made my day. Thanks Bawb!

I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

That's a great story Dave -- thanks for sharing!

Great story Dave- touched me alot!

Greetings Everyone: I had a Dole Whip for Bawb on Friday, May 16th.

I was in Orlando all by myself for a conference. Corey and Julie helped me get tickets to the PPP on Friday, May 16th (after my meeting was over). I had to get a Dole Whip in honor of Bawb. It was actually my first Dole Whip, but won't be my last.

094DisneyMay08.jpg

In addition, I wanted to share a Dole Whip and buy one unexpectedly for the person behind me. So a lone older woman drives up in an ECV. I thought this was perfect. I told her I wanted to buy her a Dole Whip Float, she said she didn't know what that was. I was just handed mine, I said this is what it was. She said "OK", and I just handed the one I just got. I then told her how I had a friend who had just passed away and one of his favorite things were Dole Whip floats, so I was buying this in memory of him. The woman said I was such a nice "boy" (a nice thing to say since I'm turning 40 this year), and I thought she was going to cry.

What an awesome way to pay to forward!

Hey, why don't we start doing this as a podcast group. When we go and get that Dole Whip in Adventureland, buy an extra Dole Whip for someone else.

What a great idea! :thumbsup2

I thought this thread was for posting "tribute to Bawb" dole whip pics. It would be nice not have to scroll through all the chit-chat to get to the photos. Posting your intentions to pay tribute means little and causes everyone endless scrolling just to get to the "Real Tribute".

Tomu, that seems rough. I like reading everyones thoughts on having a Dole whip for "Bawb". I dont think posting you intentions means little. I think its nice to hear others plans.:confused:

I thought this thread was for posting "tribute to Bawb" dole whip pics. It would be nice not have to scroll through all the chit-chat to get to the photos. Posting your intentions to pay tribute means little and causes everyone endless scrolling just to get to the "Real Tribute".

Sorry I can't resist -- Why doesn't your post include a photo of yourself having a Dole Whip for Bawb? :teeth:

Hey we are all here to share our love of Bawb. Please don't ruin it by making comments like that. We are a close knit group who love to 'chit chat'. I think that in Bawbs eyes, everyone talking about Dole whips and giving them to others is something he would really love.

If you don't like it, stop reading.

Sorry I can't resist -- Why doesn't your post include a photo of yourself having a Dole Whip for Bawb? :teeth:

I haven't been since last June. I plan to post one when I go in August. I too was effected by Bob's passing and I apologize to anyone that may have been offended. This this not a thread for negativity. Please understand though, that not all of us like to have to scroll through mounds of posts trying to find the posts that truly reflect the thread subject. As a courtesy to others please stay true to the thread.

I'm sorry, tomu, is your scrolling finger injured? Hate to cause another Bawb fan pain...I'll resist posting here without pics.

Darn....resistance is futile....posting anyway.....thinking about Bawb and dolewhips, but no pic forthcoming. Sorry.

but sadly, I have no photos! It was 99 that afternoon and by the time the CM set the first one on the counter it was going south. They had to put them in drink cups so they wouldn't slide right out of the bowls!

But, we did celebrate Bawb's memory with our first Dole Whips...and I have to say, when the guy was right, he was right!!! On a day when it was 99 with nearly 100% humidity, they were a little bowl of heaven!

I want to start off by saying I hope that nobody takes this the wrong way or takes offence by it. It was only meant to be fun and a creative way for me to share some Disney moments with Bawb. Just thought I'd throw out that disclaimer before you folks think I'm certifiably insane.:rotfl:

I don't know how familiar you folks are with "flat Stanley". In short it's a project created by a teacher based on a book where kids would take flat Stanley with them on vacations and so forth and created projects based on those experiences. So in my infinite wisdom I figured why not a "flat Bawb". So here are a few photos of my new friend and I at Disney this past weekend. If it doesn't come off as stalkerish I may take him with us to Disneyland next month. I already have a few things planned for that one.

Here is a photo of myself enjoying a Dole Whip at MK.

Disney2008170.jpg

And if we learned anything from Bob it was that nothing is better than a well timed nap. And is there any better place for a nap than this.

Disney2008176.jpg

OMG! LOVE IT!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter