Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

Welcome Rog! I was hoping you'd join us and give us some inspiration!! :goodvibes We'll make it fun, so it doesn't seem like work! :rolleyes:

Loretta -- I knew you had five kids, but I never realized they were quintuplets!! (I know - most of the time I feel like I'm in my own little world, not paying attention to anything else, lol). Thanks for joining us!!

Wow, Shannone and VACAMPER it looks like this has really taken off, I am so glad we can have a thread, thanks Rhonda!! Anyway, a little about me....

Hi I'm Nicole and I need to loose aprx. 50 lbs. That is my goal. I would like to be able to run and dance without peeing my pants:lmao: TMI? Sorry. I joke but it is true. I really want to just feel healthier, and drop 2 sizes. When I was in highschool I had surgery on my knee, and lately I have been having problems with it again, I think weight contributes to that. I really would like to be a good role model to my kids where health is concerned.

My plan is to cut back on needless calories, eat more veggies and fruits, and step up my excercising(which won't be hard since right now it is at a stand still). I will hopefully have some progress to report on Friday!! Good luck to everyone and I am so glad our little discussion last night has turned into such a great group!!!

Hi Nicole! See what you started?? It's like magic! :wizard:

Now, if we can get our 50 pounds off like magic, then I'll really be happy! :cloud9:

Rhonda-

You aren't going to believe this! I just turned on my computer to go to the Weight Watchers site. Of course, I had to check on my trippie thread (the "Are you crazy..." one) to see if there were any new replies, and saw this first. (So I haven't quite made it to Weight Watchers yet) I've never seriously tried to lose weight before, but my husband's comments are getting more and more frequent, so I guess it's time to really get serious about doing something. I am around 117 right now, and I know that doesn't sound like it's horrendously out of control, but I'd really like to be back to 100 in 6 months. I think that's do-able.

SOOOO, long story short, I am VERY, VERY, VERY grateful this thread is here. I know I'm in good company, and I think for me it'll be very helpful to have cheerleaders along for my weight loss ride. I'm pretty competitive, not that this is a big competition but I think I need someone (you all) helping me along.

I hadn't planned on posting a lot once we returned overseas, but this will also keep me "in touch" with all you great, and nutty, people :cool1: :cool1: .

How are most people going to do this?? Post once a week after a weigh-in? Post everyday?? Would love to be part of this!!

Liesa

Does anyone here use Fitday? It's a great (and easy) way to track your weight loss, exercise, and what you eat! And, it's free!! :goodvibes

Welcome Leisa!! It's great to have you join us!! :yay:

You can post as much or as little as you want! If once a week works for you, then that's fine! Or you can post every day! I guess I'll just post when I feel like it. :surfweb: I'm not going to try to stick to a schedule - because I'm really bad with schedules. :lmao:

How are most people going to do this?? Post once a week after a weigh-in? Post everyday?? Would love to be part of this!!

Liesa

Well, last night we were talking about a Friday morning weigh in. Just state your loss/gain/stay the same....you don't have to say your actual weight.

Of course we will be happy to hear about your losses/struggles or anything else on any day ;)

I think we had planned on posting our progress on Fridays and using eachother for support and ideas the rest of the time. Rhonda I'm going to check out that FitDay. I think the SELF magazine site had something too. I am going to check that out too.

I think it is great that we will have this, we can bounce recipes off eachother as well any advice or tricks. Then we will all look gorgeous for our Wild DisWomen Weekend!! We will definately need T Shirts now!:cheer2:

Sounds good! I'll stick to the Friday weigh- in thing and post then. Unless, of course, our power is out, which is entirely likely. :confused3

Thanks for the tip about Fitday. I'll go check it out now...

Ok...so you're going to make me do a schedule. :headache: Well, fine then. Fridays it is! :woohoo:

Can't really talk now , stepping out the door but I'm also in, I need to lose 50 pounds and I signed up for fitday two weeks ago and really like it.

Yea I'm going to eat fat tonight to get it out of my system...lol...:laughing:

Talk later Terri

I'm in! I would really like to lose about 30 lbs. I was doing really well back in 2006 and then I started to put weight back on. I have a fear of my scale so I won't actually weigh myself...at least not yet. I may as I go along and start to feel good about myself. My plan is to eat less junk...especially eat less sugar...and I want to walk the treadmill 5 days a week. I really haven't been exercising at all. And I think my biggest problem is sugar...I have a huge problem giving it up! So I won't be weighing myself, but I want to be accountable for exercising 5 days a week and eating less sugar! That being said, I am going to WDW in 6 days. I'm hoping all of the walking will kind of make me "break even" with all of the calories (ahem, "mickey ice cream bars", ahem, margaritas, ahem). And calories in Disney don't count, right??? :rotfl:

OK really fast run down on my story :

I quit work back in 2003 back then I was a flight attentant for British Airways and weighted about 130 and since then have just gotten comfortable at home ( or some can call it lazy :rolleyes1 ) and have continued to get more comfortable evey year. :scared1:

I really have more weight I would love to lose other than 50 pounds but if I make 50 my goal I will be more likely to make it, so 50 is my goal that I feel at this point is doable.

I have a lowfat diet from my doctor that I'm starting up on monday so we'll see how that goes. I will be walking about 1 mile and a half during the week ( that's all I can do at this point ), I have signed up with fitday to kind of keep a diary of the madness.

I'll pass along some tips tomorrow from my doctor she has some good ones for dieters. Good luck everyone !

Just did the FitDay thing. It's easy to use- already have my first day's food logged in, and now that I"ve logged in that I walked a mile, I guess I better get my buns away from the computer and go do- can't have lies now can we?? Then it's back to my 400 calorie dinner I'm preparing :)

Welcome Terri and Naomi!! :grouphug:

Naomi - cutting sugar will be great for you! And, you'll be surprised at how good you feel after getting it out of your system!!

Terri - I'm looking forward to hearing the tips from your doctor! The more tips we get, the better!

:goodvibes Okay, girls I saw this last night. I'm in, if you can do it so can I. I did really well a few years ago, lost weight and was working out on my pilates system. I love it. However, I have 2 herniated discs in my back and had a severe issue with that. Needless to say, I could not do the pilates or much else because my leg was numb and I was in such pain. I have put back on all the weight and more. It doesn't help that I have been so stressed out with work lately. Took an extra job, had a possible promotion, possible closing of store etc. I eat when I am stressed or tired and trying to stay awake. I get up for work at 3:45am for my second job and depending on my schedule at my "real" job I work either til 6pm or 9:30pm. Needless to say I am really going to have to find time and some kind of excersise I can do. My second job is irritating my back again. I have worked over 60 hours a week for the last 3 weeks, but I think things are going to slow down again. Now you've heard me whine, but I am all in! I have a party tonight, but I will be on my best behavior as of tomorrow. After all, I have to try that coconut cake DebbieT11 posted. :goodvibes

Anybody got any ideas on how to quit sweet tea?????:drinking1 :drinking1

Living in the south all my life, it's hard to imagine dinner without it! I've tried the artificial sweeteners, but they are migraine city for me!

It seems I do well for a time drinking water, but then, I'm out having a nice dinner and just can't help myself!

SooOOOoo, these are my goals this week.....check out FitDay, and drink WATER! Next week I'll add something else to it!

Great idea...thanks girls,:worship:

Betsy

Is case anyone wants to check it out I posted a recipe for Hawaiian Chicken Kebobs on the recipe sticky a couple of days ago. It's great for camping and it's lowfat. It's also very good. I do sometimes cook the white rice in fat free chicken broth for extra flavor. If you don't like rice (like my DH) then instant mashed potatoes is an option. They have some great flavors out there now.

:goodvibes Okay, girls I saw this last night. I'm in, if you can do it so can I. I did really well a few years ago, lost weight and was working out on my pilates system. I love it. However, I have 2 herniated discs in my back and had a severe issue with that. Needless to say, I could not do the pilates or much else because my leg was numb and I was in such pain. I have put back on all the weight and more. It doesn't help that I have been so stressed out with work lately. Took an extra job, had a possible promotion, possible closing of store etc. I eat when I am stressed or tired and trying to stay awake. I get up for work at 3:45am for my second job and depending on my schedule at my "real" job I work either til 6pm or 9:30pm. Needless to say I am really going to have to find time and some kind of excersise I can do. My second job is irritating my back again. I have worked over 60 hours a week for the last 3 weeks, but I think things are going to slow down again. Now you've heard me whine, but I am all in! I have a party tonight, but I will be on my best behavior as of tomorrow. After all, I have to try that coconut cake DebbieT11 posted. :goodvibes

Welcome!! We'll be here for you! I'm going to reward my 50 pounds lost with coconut cake too! :lovestruc

Anybody got any ideas on how to quit sweet tea?????:drinking1 :drinking1

Living in the south all my life, it's hard to imagine dinner without it! I've tried the artificial sweeteners, but they are migraine city for me!

It seems I do well for a time drinking water, but then, I'm out having a nice dinner and just can't help myself!

SooOOOoo, these are my goals this week.....check out FitDay, and drink WATER! Next week I'll add something else to it!

Betsy, here's one of my favorite "diet" drinks: Just take a glass of water and add a spash of cranberry juice! It's also good made with Club Soda instead of regular water! :D

I just celebrated my five year Atkins anniversary ... went low carb and lost 76 pounds and have kept it off! Went from a size 16-18 to a 2-4. Will be happy to lend moral support to anyone who needs it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter