Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

I am in too. I had gastric bypass back in December and i am down 77 pounds as of today, i have 59 more to go. It has been going very well. At this point i need to excersise more to get in better shape. :yay: I was out shopping today with my dd and my feet and legs are killing me. I dont know how i am going to survive my disney trip next month.

Have you tried Stevia? You can find it in most healthfood stores and is great in cold drinks...it shouldn't give you a headache.I have to stay away from caffine...it causes you to retain fluid BTW but if it doesn't bother you i highly suggest stevia...also makes a GREAT lemonade!!!:hippie:

Anybody got any ideas on how to quit sweet tea?????:drinking1 :drinking1

Living in the south all my life, it's hard to imagine dinner without it! I've tried the artificial sweeteners, but they are migraine city for me!

It seems I do well for a time drinking water, but then, I'm out having a nice dinner and just can't help myself!

SooOOOoo, these are my goals this week.....check out FitDay, and drink WATER! Next week I'll add something else to it!

Great idea...thanks girls,:worship:

Betsy

I have tried Atkins and it actually made me gain weight. I have thyroid disease so I'm not sure if that is why it doesn't work for me or not...very frustrating...I'm not a big carb person either...but right now I can't seem to make anything work!!! grrrrrrrrr. I'm in and gonna start at 10 pounds...I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow...and each Fri. from now on...

I just celebrated my five year Atkins anniversary ... went low carb and lost 76 pounds and have kept it off! Went from a size 16-18 to a 2-4. Will be happy to lend moral support to anyone who needs it!

I just celebrated my five year Atkins anniversary ... went low carb and lost 76 pounds and have kept it off! Went from a size 16-18 to a 2-4. Will be happy to lend moral support to anyone who needs it!

Wow - that is so great that you've been able to keep it off!! I will definitely need you for support this time! I lost 60 pounds on Atkins a few years ago, then fell apart and went back to my old eating habits and gained it all back. :sad2:

I am where you were when you started (16-18) and my goal is to be a comfortable 10. (I'm 5-8, and I couldn't be down below a 10).

Thanks for the support!!! :hug:

I am in too. I had gastric bypass back in December and i am down 77 pounds as of today, i have 59 more to go. It has been going very well. At this point i need to excersise more to get in better shape. :yay: I was out shopping today with my dd and my feet and legs are killing me. I dont know how i am going to survive my disney trip next month.

Woo-hoo!! You're doing great!! You must feel fantastic, compared to how you felt before! Keep it up! :thumbsup2

I'm in! I would really like to lose about 30 lbs. I was doing really well back in 2006 and then I started to put weight back on. I have a fear of my scale so I won't actually weigh myself...at least not yet. I may as I go along and start to feel good about myself. My plan is to eat less junk...especially eat less sugar...and I want to walk the treadmill 5 days a week. I really haven't been exercising at all. And I think my biggest problem is sugar...I have a huge problem giving it up! So I won't be weighing myself, but I want to be accountable for exercising 5 days a week and eating less sugar! That being said, I am going to WDW in 6 days. I'm hoping all of the walking will kind of make me "break even" with all of the calories (ahem, "mickey ice cream bars", ahem, margaritas, ahem). And calories in Disney don't count, right??? :rotfl:

Dont worry.....I'm not weighing in quite yet either. I just don't want to make it about the scale quite yet. I mean I know I'd like to loose about 35-40 lbs..because I also think realistically I could maintain that, even though I'd wouldn't mind loosing more! If I start weighing in..it will just depress me. Then I have an excuse to say "why bother". So....I'm sticking with the walking my husband and I started doing recently. He had some surgery and it's kind of focused us back on eating better and getting healthy. I figure the weight will come off. (God I pray the weight comes off!:sad2: ) We cut out sweets(My sister says she looses 10 pounds just throwing out the Entenmans cakes!) I'm not sure if that's her or the weight of the boxes!. :laughing:

I would like to lose 15 pounds. In all honesty, I just need to adopt some a healthier lifestyle. We have 4 great kids that seem to have endless energy but I just feel tired all of the time. I seem to have more energy when I watch my fat intake. I would also like to get into an exercise routine, we are a fairly active family but I don't go out of my way to exercise. We do however own many pieces of exercise equipment and I must say they make excellent clothes drying racks. :)

I have tried Atkins and it actually made me gain weight. I have thyroid disease so I'm not sure if that is why it doesn't work for me or not...very frustrating...I'm not a big carb person either...but right now I can't seem to make anything work!!! grrrrrrrrr. I'm in and gonna start at 10 pounds...I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow...and each Fri. from now on...

It could be that carbs aren't your problem - since you say you're not a big carb person. I'm definitely a carb addict, and that's where my problems are. Maybe just eating sensibly and exercising will do it for you! Whatever way you choose, we're here to help!! :)

I would like to lose 15 pounds. In all honesty, I just need to adopt some a healthier lifestyle. We have 4 great kids that seem to have endless energy but I just feel tired all of the time. I seem to have more energy when I watch my fat intake. I would also like to get into an exercise routine, we are a fairly active family but I don't go out of my way to exercise. We do however own many pieces of exercise equipment and I must say they make excellent clothes drying racks. :)

:lmao: Yes they do!!

Maybe you could start with walking - something easier so it doesn't seem like such a chore right away? I'll bet once you start, you'll start getting more energy and will work into using those clothes drying racks!

I'm in! I could stand to lose a good 50 pounds. The thing is, when i met my husband, I was very fit and then life got the best of me. In 2003, we started Weight Watchers together. We were doing very well...until I got pregnant. Now I am the happy mother of a three year old and he's 134 pounds lighter. So, I feel some pressure to be healthier for him and for my son. He runs in all of these races and was even spotlighted on television for his hard work in losing all that weight. I think I would feel better and I think it would make him happier too.

So it's not like I don't know how to do it. I mean, geez, I have my own personal trainer in the house. :rotfl2: It's just finding the time and effort and having a support team. This could be good for me.

So, it's back to weight watchers which really works for me and it's time to start exercising! :cheer2:

Maybe you could start with walking - something easier so it doesn't seem like such a chore right away? I'll bet once you start, you'll start getting more energy and will work into using those clothes drying racks!

We have a tread mill so I think that I'll set a goal of 20 minutes a morning to start with. I also have a bike with a child trailer and now that the weather is nicer, I'll be able to do that a few times a week.

I'm also going to commit to taking my vitamins on a daily basis. I know that I should take them but I don't usually remember to do so.

Man...you folks are GREAT!!! I havent lost any weight in nearly a month!!! I dont exercise at all, and Im not on any kind of diet plan. One of the instructions given by my Doctor after I had my operation was to be sure to excercise daily.....I did it for about a week after and havent even made an attempt since. I would like to lose another 70 lbs......but Id be happy with another 50......so THATS IT. Im in......Im gonna start walking tomorrow morning, and will give a report on Friday....it'll be nice to have to change my weight loss ticker again!!!!

Thanks ya'll!!!!

Lots & lots of HUGS for Rog!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

We want to keep you around for many years to come - so I'm glad to hear this has perked you up to getting back in the swing of things. Don't let all you've gone thru to get this far be in vain.

I should lose about 80lbs.... realistically any weight loss will be an improvement! I think I'll go the Healthy Choice route due to the convenience. I know it's a lot of sodium, but hey, they make diuretics for that!! Better living thru chemistry!! My exercise comes from working at the Home Depot. I've discovered muscles I forgot I had!! <oh, the pain> Once I become more acclimated to the job, I'll probably add walking and/or bike riding to the repertoire.

Thanks for getting this started Rhonda!!​

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I posted over on the useless facts thread and then I found this one. So, I'll try to cut and paste it here......

I'm in if it's okay with you all!! I need to lose between 40-50, too. Although, I REALLY don't see it happening considering I have to have my M&M's every night. Do they make them in low-cal?? I guess I'll just have to work out twice as much because I don't see myself giving them up. Hey, a girl needs her fix, okay?

My DD's are the same as yours - older one is built just like I was at her age - not overweight, but curvy and solid. My 2nd DD (I swear she's got the tape worm or somethin - she eats more than my DH - no lie), is nothing but skinny, all arms and legs.

I've always weighed more than people guess, too. My DH tells them I'm just dense. Yeah - Mr. Funny, LOL. My doc always checks the scale twice because he can't believe the actual number, either. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Anyway, count me in for the weight loss group, and also for the last day of the DIS girls gone wild weekend (we arrive on the 19th). WAHOOO!

everything in my fridge, freezer and cabinets is low fat or fat free, low carb and low sugar...i have adapted to this for many years and it just seems my body has become accustomed to this and now won't let me loose weight. At work I walk long distances all day long...and exercise with my patients and stay VERY busy when I'm there....i think the problem is when I come back to the TT and VEG in front of my computer.I'm on the road for work...can't join a gym because I'm not anywhere for more than 13 weeks at a time...and some places just aren't a good area to walk in like now...When I go home...I work hard all day or run errands...spend little time down except bedtime...far from a couch potato.....i'm feeling very frustrated...I need my JAWS wired shut!!!!!! But I'm also hypoglycemic so I can' do fasting diets..allergic to soy...I want Oprah to HELP!!!:headache: :guilty: :confused: :scared:

I am glad to see that I am not alone on this too. I also need to loose about 50lbs. My weakness is carbs as well.. If its bread, rice, potatoes, pasta or bread......did I mention bread? I will eat it. So, my plan is to start tomorrow and get back to walking in the morning and just not eating carbs, or at least trying to limit them. So, wish me luck........and I wish all of you guys the same!:cheer2:

What great timing! We returned from Disney yesterday and both DH and I have started eating correctly again. I always get motivated after returning from Disney because we do so much walking. I plan to continue to cut out sugar and eat veggies, fruit and whole grains. I would love to lose 60 lbs.

So glad I checked the boards before bed!

Shelley

Welcome to everybody that joined last night after I went to bed!! Wow - this is going to be great!! :cool1: :banana:

I weighed myself this morning to get a good starting point, and I'm ready to go!

I had two Flax/Cranberry fat-free, low-sugar "cookies" with coffee this morning to get started. For lunch I'm having a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, with a thin slice of cheddar cheese and mustard. I haven't figured out dinner yet. I'll know better later on, after I wake up the rest of the way. :)

I hope everyone has a great day!! It's the first day of the rest of our thinner, healthy lives!!! :dance3:

Good morning everyone. I weighed in as well this morning. It wasn't pretty but i did it. I'm going to start off with a weight watcher blueberry muffin and a banana for breakfast. Then i'm going to get the kids off to school and hopefully the 3 year old will watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse while i exercise. Hope everyone has a great first day.

Yo Happy Redhead, try Crystal Lite flavoreed tea. Good stuff and non fattening.

I also am width challenged. After noticing several friends losing weight, I asked their secret. Seems their doctor had put them on a twice a day injection of a drug called Byetta for pre diabetic reasons. Seems the side effect of the drug is weight loss.
Well I spoke to my doctor about using the drug for weight loss since breaking my leg last year has still slowed me down in the excercise mode. After blood tests and a physical, he prescribed the injection. The first month shed 10 pounds. I don't know how it does it, but it stops the craving for food and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter