Official "Friends of the Fort" Weight Loss Group!

You can't go wrong with popcorn. When i need a candy bar i choose 3 musketeers mint. On weight watchers its only 3pts which is great for a candy bar.WW big fudge bars are great as well. I try to put alot of fruit with breakfast and lunch. I also do soup for dinner if i've over done it during the day. Sometimes if i feel hungery i just drink a glass of water. Sometimes our bodies are more thirsty than hungry. Exercise also curves hunger and makes the time pass until we can eat again.:rotfl: At night if i'm starving i just go to bed.:lmao:

I weighed myself this morning too (and that's all I'm going to say about that :) ). I walked for 20 minutes, I know it's not much but it's a start. I've also been up and down the stairs a bunch this morning doing laundry. Sounds like we're all off to a good start!

Hello, I would love to join. I have 75 pounds to lose. I am going to start weight watchers again because it is the only thing I have found that works. I don't post much but I will post here every Friday with an update. I have a wonderful DH and 3 kids and I just can't keep up with them with all of this "extra" weight. My kids are adopted so I can't use them as an excuse. I just eat the wrong things and don't exercise. I am starting small with the exercise and using a pedometer to try to get in 10,000 steps a day. If I say I am going to workout so many days a week I will find an excuse not to do it. Good luck to everyone! WE CAN DO IT!

Foods that "save" me, and I always try to have on hand:

sugar free ice cream, popsicles, jello, yogurt
beef jerkey
string cheese
Atkins Advantage bars
Flax muffins/bread

and when I need something special, I sit down with a good romance novel, and a little plate of gourmet cheese, grapes, and almonds and a glass of Cabernet. Oh, and a couple of small pieces of dark chocolate. Very low carb and healthy! :thumbsup2

(That's just for my type of diet --- this obviously won't work with a low fat or WW diet)

After noticing several friends losing weight, I asked their secret. Seems their doctor had put them on a twice a day injection of a drug called Byetta for pre diabetic reasons. Seems the side effect of the drug is weight loss.
Well I spoke to my doctor about using the drug for weight loss since breaking my leg last year has still slowed me down in the excercise mode. After blood tests and a physical, he prescribed the injection. The first month shed 10 pounds. I don't know how it does it, but it stops the craving for food and snacks.

I'm glad the Byetta worked for you, Ken! My Dr. put me on in last August because I am now a type II diabetic. I did lose weight - - - but only because the danged side effects made me sicker than a dog! It didn't do anything to control my sugar, but it sure made me hurl! Yuk!!

I'm glad the Byetta worked for you, Ken! My Dr. put me on in last August because I am now a type II diabetic. I did lose weight - - - but only because the danged side effects made me sicker than a dog! It didn't do anything to control my sugar, but it sure made me hurl! Yuk!!

Heeeey.....Ima HURLER too!!!!

Glad to make your acquaintance, Ima!! :thumbsup2 What say we meet up on,,,, lemme see,,, May 24th??? Yeah.. that works for me!

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill last night and added 50 sit ups to it. I'll get back on it tonight...it works better for me at night because I am NOT a morning person, and if I wait until after the kids go to bed I can listen to music and work out uninterrupted! :woohoo: This week is "Mothers Day Week" at my sons' tae kwon do school so I get to take some classes with them. :scared: I'm starting small with my 4 year olds class tonight!

I can't give up coffee either. I gave it up for all of my pregnancies. Now I NEED it just to have something to look forward to in the morning!

I tried the 10,000 steps on a pedometer thing a year or so ago and it really works! :thumbsup2 It was a lot harder to get 10,000 steps a day then I thought it would be.

Nope....Not giving up my coffee either!!!! I only have one cup anyway, and I do look forward to it. My DH and I sit down every morning and have our coffee together.

One of the stylist I work with used a pedometer and the 10,000 steps thing. She liked the challenge. I'm going to give that a try.

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal, lunch consisted of some hummus and crackers, and dinner....who knows! I'll be at the baseball field until late, so it may be something quite unhealthy there. I may pack a dinner.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions!

Betsy

Well...this is gonna sound awful.....but I had 2 sausage patties, 2 slices of toast and a scoop of mayo for bfast(no fat grams there right?), had half of a roastbeef poboy for lunch(but was only able to keep half of it down, so that makes it 1/4)...Im gonna take the grandson for a 1hr walk this evening in his stroller. I dont think Im gonna have dinner....wifes working and I hate to cook, and Im still a little stuffed from the bfast & lunch.....probably have a glass of skim for dinner.
I hadnt thought about the caffienne preventing weight loss.....that may be my problem for this last month. Ive been drinking the Monster Java coffee drinks alot.....like 9 a week!!! Granted, I dont think its real coffee...but they are crammed with caffienne and all that other energy stuff that everybodys using these days......I LOVE these drinks...but maybe I should stop them. Ive broken tougher habits than this.....no more monster for me.

Dang, this thread is running amuck. No tails yet with the Byetta but have noticed a third eyeball. But then it might be a huge zit. Haven't had the urge to hurl yet but you do have to eat within an hour of taking the injection. I have pushed the limit on failing to eat and didn't feel very well. Sticking myself with that tiny needle the first time was a challange. Wife had to do it the first time so show me it didn't hurt, I was OK doing it myself after that.

b- South Beach bar
l- one lean pocket, one serving baked chips
d- 1 cup beed stroganoff, 1/2 cup pease

snacks- apple, low cal popcorn
exercise- 45 minutes on the treadmill, playing catch with the kids

I had a pretty good day. The first two weeks is always the hardest for me. Once I get back into the habit everything is much easier. :goodvibes

Count me in!!! I didn't see this thread till now but I since jumped on scales this morning I know that I still need to lose 50 pounds. My DH loves me no matter what but I am uncomfortable where I am at. When we were at the Fort for 2 weeks this spring we were camped in the same loop as a couple of dis members and I was too unhappy with my weight to go up and say HI. Silly I know. Anyway, I am looking forward to this and some group support.

Ok, here goes. In case you haven't noticed I have never posted a picture of myself on here LOL, there is a reason, I don't have a wide angle camera! :lmao:

If I had to guess, I would say that I need to loose about a Rhonda, and half an Ami. LOL ( just a guess, and 2 random names, no offense to either of you!) I am going to have the same operation as Rog, him and I have been talking about it in pm's for a long time, I just need to get the nerve to have it done. I am considered morbidly obese by doctors, and with my severe Osteo Arthritis in my ankles knees and hips, as well as my Degenerative spine disease, walking is hard, let alone exercise!!
My other problem, is that I have the will power of a gnat, (my wife says attention span matches as well). So my diets have all lasted about 2-3 minutes, or until I walked past some food.

So if you guys will have me, I will try to do better, and maybe you all can encourage me and make me get it done so I can be around to take care of my awesome little buddy! That is who I need to do it for, I want to be around to bug him for a long time. LOL

So here's hoping that we can all be healthier and happier for the ones we love.

John....I was hoping youd step into the light here...........its all downhill cruising from here man. We're all in this together now.

I'm glad you joined John. I don't like pictures of myself either. I always delete them off the camera. I love to do scrapbooks for my kids they have pictures to remember everyone by except me. That's sad. I try to tell myself to include them any way because thats who i am. My mom passed away when i was 12 and i would love to have more pictures of her.

Count me in!!! I didn't see this thread till now but I since jumped on scales this morning I know that I still need to lose 50 pounds. My DH loves me no matter what but I am uncomfortable where I am at. When we were at the Fort for 2 weeks this spring we were camped in the same loop as a couple of dis members and I was too unhappy with my weight to go up and say HI. Silly I know. Anyway, I am looking forward to this and some group support.

Welcome!! I know exactly how you feel about going up to meet people. I've done the same thing myself. :sad2: Well, that's over! It's all "downhill" from here (on the scale anyway) :)

My other problem, is that I have the will power of a gnat, (my wife says attention span matches as well). So my diets have all lasted about 2-3 minutes, or until I walked past some food.

Wow - I can so relate to this!! I talk big, but when I get bored, I eat anything I see.

Stick around - and we'll all help each other!! If and when you decide to go through with the surgery, we'll be there for you!! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter