****Official February 2016 Check-In Thread****

Thank you for the feedback Smiley_Face2. We are very excited to drive up the coast. We are going to break it up a little and go as far as Santa Barbara the first night and stay with my Aunt and Uncle. Then up to Santa Cruz the next day stopping to see the sights. We will drive the last bit into San Francisco on the third day and see sights in San Francisco that are better by car.

We are booked for our first DL trip in February! We've been to WDW more times than I can count, but never to DL. (Well I went for one day as a kid, 30 years ago, but don't remember much)

My DD is playing in a water polo tournament in OC during Presidents weekend, so we are turning it into a mini-vacation. We are staying at Paradise Pier Feb 14-17. Still trying to wrap my mind around all the differences from WDW, and lamenting the lack of FP+. We've really gotten spoiled with it the last coupe of years, so this feels like a definite step backwards. But we are looking forward to trying out some of the rides that will be new to us!

I booked President's Day weekend! We have a 4-day weekend, so we will drive this time. Book at BWPPI, our go-to hotel. :)

A little late checking in -- life has prevented trip planning -- but I'm getting myself into Disney mode! We're going February 10 to 15. It'll be my third trip, my husband and 6 year old son's second, and my 2 year old daughter's first (unless you count going in utero!). We're planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel. The plan is to spend three or four days at the parks, and one day somewhere off-site. My husband wants to do something nature-y, but I'm like, isn't that what DCA is for?! :D

Anyone hear any rumors of another 24 hour event for the leap year?? Fingers crossed! Or not?? So that it won't be as busy. I'm torn - I don't know what I want!! :laughing:

Edit: I literally checked in twice to the same board. I'm too excited.

We'll be there Feb 17-19! We skipped our regular October trip to go to Aulani instead for our 10-year anniversary :-) It'll be a full year since we've been to DL ... just catching up on all the changes. BTMRBBQ closing? That makes me so sad .... that was always our Friday night, last night in the parks go-to family sit-down meal, something all enjoyed. I'm still bummed from our Feb 2015 trip that the Kebab place in DCA closed in favor of a plain old burger place! Some change isn't always good.

We always stay at the Ramada Maingate. Hoping the weather was will be as unseasonably warm as it was the same week last year!!

Someone asked about Lunar celebrations ... at DCA last year, same week, so ~Feb 16th, I think, there was a Chinese New Year Parade - kicked off just next to the swings, with a huge dragon, featuring Mulan. Near Jumpin Jellyfish, there were stations where kids could create Chinese Lanterns too as a take-home craft.

Just decided yesterday to return to Disneyland in 2016 - we will be there from February 26 - March 5th - staying in one of the kids suites at the HOJO, as that is out go-to accommodation when it comes to Disneyland. We had seriously toyed with staying on site this trip as we have yet to take that plunge but the amount of space and convenience of having two rooms, two bathrooms and separate beds for the kids was just too much for us to give up. Our last trip was in March of 2014 and while that is not even 2 years ago it seems like a very long time!

Happy New Year everyone!

We are booked for our first DL trip in February! We've been to WDW more times than I can count, but never to DL. (Well I went for one day as a kid, 30 years ago, but don't remember much)

My DD is playing in a water polo tournament in OC during Presidents weekend, so we are turning it into a mini-vacation. We are staying at Paradise Pier Feb 14-17. Still trying to wrap my mind around all the differences from WDW, and lamenting the lack of FP+. We've really gotten spoiled with it the last coupe of years, so this feels like a definite step backwards. But we are looking forward to trying out some of the rides that will be new to us!
You will love DL! I am going to WDW after our quick 2 day stay at DL. Some of my family who will be joining us,are not buying their tickets till we get to the gates, so no fp+ for us. I wish I was staying at DL for 2 weeks lol

While I wasn't planning on going again for a year or so, my friend is trying to convince me to have one last hurrah before our AP's expire on 2/22. Do most schools have off the whole week of the 16th or just that day? Can anyone think of anything else going on during that time? I know that usually Dapper Day has been at the end of the month which has made it busier than usual, but now that's moved to May. This is also the first time I would go without my dd4 and I feel a little awful about that, but her AP expired in November and momma ain't payin for another one or even a ticket :snooty:

February21-25 at the Villas at Grand Californian for us. So Excited. It's been too long since we've been there!

Last edited:
Hi all!

My DH and I are booked at the Disneyland Hotel Feb 1-3 to celebrate his 30th birthday :cake:. This will be my 3rd time to Disneyland and his 2nd but our first time staying at a Disneyland hotel. We booked through a Costco package and got a great deal. Like several others, we are from FL and are WDW fanatics. Planning for Disneyland is so much harder. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :)

While I wasn't planning on going again for a year or so, my friend is trying to convince me to have one last hurrah before our AP's expire on 2/22. Do most schools have off the whole week of the 16th or just that day? Can anyone think of anything else going on during that time? I know that usually Dapper Day has been at the end of the month which has made it busier than usual, but now that's moved to May. This is also the first time I would go without my dd4 and I feel a little awful about that, but her AP expired in November and momma ain't payin for another one or even a ticket :snooty:

Here's a list of all the stuff going on http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3434866/

We'll be there Feb 17-19! We skipped our regular October trip to go to Aulani instead for our 10-year anniversary :-) It'll be a full year since we've been to DL ... just catching up on all the changes. BTMRBBQ closing? That makes me so sad .... that was always our Friday night, last night in the parks go-to family sit-down meal, something all enjoyed. I'm still bummed from our Feb 2015 trip that the Kebab place in DCA closed in favor of a plain old burger place! Some change isn't always good.

We always stay at the Ramada Maingate. Hoping the weather was will be as unseasonably warm as it was the same week last year!!

Someone asked about Lunar celebrations ... at DCA last year, same week, so ~Feb 16th, I think, there was a Chinese New Year Parade - kicked off just next to the swings, with a huge dragon, featuring Mulan. Near Jumpin Jellyfish, there were stations where kids could create Chinese Lanterns too as a take-home craft.

Good news! The Paradise Garden Grill is now back to normal and was only burger-ized while they had the Soarin area closed for re-theming. Guess they thought that DCA couldn't do without those burgers for a few months!

We were also there last February and I did miss my spicy meatball and flatbread!!

I LOVE that place, and I'll see ya there! I am so happy to say we just planned a last minute trip and my darling husband and I will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary in DLR on February 16th-18th!!

Going from 2/25 - 2/28 for my 50th birthday!! We are going to try the new Afternoon Tea.

That's awesome! The tea sounds like it will be very cute, too. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. It's at Steakhouse 55, right? Their lounge is on my to-check-out list...

DH just said last night that he thinks we should do a DLR trip in February since DD6 is just on the cusp of still believing in the magic. I'm in shock, as he hates crowds, roller coasters, and Los Angeles generally (can't stand the traffic) so the past 3 trips to DLR were really not pleasant for him. Yet our daughters loved DLR the first two times (well, the youngest was only 2, so I don't think I can really say she loved her first trip).

I just assumed we wouldn't go again, largely because our last trip in 2014 was only ho-hum. DD9 seemed a little jaded on that trip (she declined to dress up as a princess, didn't care about autographs or the meet-and-greet, and only wanted to ride Screamin' and RSR--Space Mountain and BTMRR were both closed for refurb). So it just didn't seem as magical for her. Plus, DD6 was still too small for many rides and freaked out after I took her on Splash (and refused to go on any thrill rides after that). Finally, the biggest letdown is that we splurged to stay at DLH, but it was sadly disappointing and did not live up to expectations at all.

Anyhow, I haven't booked anything, but I'm logging back in to DISBoards catch up on everything and *think* we will go for Super Bowl weekend (Friday 2/5-Sunday 2/7). Instead of driving, we are going to splurge and fly (which saves a day of travel and perhaps will leave DH in a better mood compared to fighting traffic in LA). Since we had such a lackluster DLH stay, I'm looking at staying at BWPPI or Park Vue, since they're so close to the Esplanade. I also like the timing so we can check out the Star Wars overlay (both girls have been watching with us and we just finished Episode 2, after going in machete order). Thanks to the PP who mentioned the Lunar New Year parade and activities--I hope they do that again this year.

Looking forward to hearing about folks' trips in February!

I have never visited in Feb and I know it is the rainiest month. But do you think it will be warm enough to swim in our hotel outdoor pool?? We are staying at the new Homewood Suites. Should we even bother bringing our swim suites for the week of Feb 21st?

Oh and if you haven't joined our February Facebook Planning Group, come and join our small but lively group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter