Official DL July 2015 thread

We'll be at DL 7/7-7/14. Since we'll be coming after the 4th but before the anniversary, how do you think the crowds will be?

First booked meal! Blue Bayou Fantasmic Package for July 23!

We booked Blue Bayou Fantasmic dinner on July 23rd too! :thumbsup2

After much debating, since we have seen Fantasmic before, I decided that DD and I will need to treat ourselves for the 60th! :-)

My family (DH,DD,DS) will be there July 11-20. We picked this time just for the 60th! My DH and I were there for the 50th and it was amazing it was my top trip to Disneyland. So talking about it the kids wanted to go on the 60th. We will be lining up early maybe not up all night but we will be there in the wee hours. We are staying at Best Western Park Place Inn and then the Disneyland Hotel our first stay.

Good morning! One of our vacation days is July 4th. I know it will be crowded, and was wondering if anyone can recommend someplace outside the crowded parks where the fireworks will be visible that night.

We'll try (traveling with two 16-year-olds, so fingers crossed) to get to DL at rope drop, have a late breakfast, then head back to the pool when the crowds become too thick. I'm not sure if we'll venture back after dinner...I'm hoping to avoid the nighttime crowd, but I love fireworks!

Thanks.

:sunny:

We'll be at DL 7/7-7/14. Since we'll be coming after the 4th but before the anniversary, how do you think the crowds will be?
Well my family is going to be there roughly the same time as you, and I think it is going to be pretty darn crowded. PP will have just reopened on July 1, and I think it will be a heavier summer than in the past given that travel in general is up, and Dland is of course being heavily marketed as a desirable family destination. So I am anticipating more crowded than last summer (which was the most crowded summer I had seen in about 5 years) but not as crazy crunch crowded as it is during Christmas week.

We are heading to DL in July -- it's been 2 years since we were last there -- has the demand for Radiator Springs Racers subsided a bit? Last time we were there we waited at park-opening for a FP, is this still recommended? From a touring perspective, would it be better to (1) grab FP for RSR and then (2) ride / queue Soaring or TSM?

Also, we always plan one "nice" sit-down meal in the parks -- we are there for 4 days and have done BB already. Is Carthy Cirlce worth it? We have 2 daughters (8 and 3) and were contemplating the WOC package -- is this worth it? How is the lunch menu different from dinner? I don't think we want to do a character meal this time (we hit WDW or DL almost on a yearly basis so we are looking for something different this time)

I wouldn't cut Monterey out. Especially if you have never been. It is such a beautiful county. I love going there, especially to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
It is awesome there. And there are touch pools where you may hold and or pet cool sea creatures.

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/
Monterey Bay Aquarium (6/2013):

We're spending some time at the Monterey Aquarium and I am SO excited to see it. Sorry I've been missing-busy time of year! We're booking meals tomorrow!! (At least a few) I can't believe we're less than 60 days out!
I've been debating the planning aspect. On one hand, I'm so excited to do Disney they way I always used to (before fp+) Just go FP crazy and fly by the seat of our pants. But at the same time, with the little ones, I want to have some sort of focus. Plus, we're doing meals and no hoppers, so I have to plan on that somewhat. Maybe I'll plan on parks/lands for certain days. Nice balance ;)

We're spending some time at the Monterey Aquarium and I am SO excited to see it. Sorry I've been missing-busy time of year! We're booking meals tomorrow!! (At least a few) I can't believe we're less than 60 days out!
I've been debating the planning aspect. On one hand, I'm so excited to do Disney they way I always used to (before fp+) Just go FP crazy and fly by the seat of our pants. But at the same time, with the little ones, I want to have some sort of focus. Plus, we're doing meals and no hoppers, so I have to plan on that somewhat. Maybe I'll plan on parks/lands for certain days. Nice balance ;)

Point Lobos is a wonderful place to do some hiking in the area. It's just a very short drive down the coast from Carmel. I just love that area...my husband and I just went for our 25th anniversary!

Point Lobos is a wonderful place to do some hiking in the area. It's just a very short drive down the coast from Carmel. I just love that area...my husband and I just went for our 25th anniversary!

I'll be 7 months pregnant with a 3 year old, so hiking isn't on the to-do list, haha ;) We actually only have one free day, because we're in the area for my best friend's wedding. Her fiance is from there. After our aquarium day we have aaaaall wedding stuff.

Booked some meals!!!

Mickey's Surf's Up breakfast at Paradise Pier

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ dinner (yessss)

Ariel's Princess thingie lunch
I'm pumped-so are the kids ;)

We-myself, 6 kids ranging in ages 15 to 6 months and 1 set of grandparents will be in at Disney 7/15 & 16. This our first trip to DL. We did WDW in 2008(when I just had 3 kids) This trip was booked kinda last minute, just in April so I have not had a lot of time to plan. I did not realize we'd be there during the height of the Anniversary and am a little concerned about crowds. I will spend the next 45-ish days stalking the Dis boards for as much valuable information as I can possibly get!

We are heading to DL in July -- it's been 2 years since we were last there -- has the demand for Radiator Springs Racers subsided a bit? Last time we were there we waited at park-opening for a FP, is this still recommended? From a touring perspective, would it be better to (1) grab FP for RSR and then (2) ride / queue Soaring or TSM?

Also, we always plan one "nice" sit-down meal in the parks -- we are there for 4 days and have done BB already. Is Carthy Cirlce worth it? We have 2 daughters (8 and 3) and were contemplating the WOC package -- is this worth it? How is the lunch menu different from dinner? I don't think we want to do a character meal this time (we hit WDW or DL almost on a yearly basis so we are looking for something different this time)

Well I like the very much like the food and the decor at Carthay Circle. IMHO it is right behind Napa Rose as the top sit down dinner experience in terms of cuisine and atmosphere. The service is OK (not as attentive and knowledgeable as the Napa Rose) but fine. So I recommend it for the food, the drinks/wine list, and the beautiful dining room. As for the WOC tix, there is much debate on the Disboard about whether you can get a better viewing spot within the WOC section (which you would automatically think would be best, wouldn't you?) and the other regular FP WOC sections. Read Hydroguy's WOC thread and see what he has to say about it. Plus, the WOC dinner menu at Carthay is not the full menu. So I would just separate the two things. I would get a regular WOC FP and jockey for my best position in one of the colored sections (which I find are better reliable viewing then the CC dining package section for the WOC) and then have lunch or dinner at Carthay Circle as a nice sit down experience all on its own.

We're spending some time at the Monterey Aquarium and I am SO excited to see it.

I debated Monterey Aquarium as it sounds amazing. but DH is not big on aquariums (he's seen one fish, he's seen 'em all!) and we just splurged on a pretty awesome aquarium near home. Given how much we are splurging everywhere, I think we are going to give the Monterey aquarium a pass this trip. Have to pick and choose a little.

I did end up keeping Monterey in the plans. We'll stay one night at the Hyatt in Monterey and hopefully do a short hike in Point Lobos. I had thought of spending more time in Point Lobos, but hubby will be tired out from the 7 hour flight + 2 hour drive to Monterey so I am going to work in an afternoon nap/swim instead. Our big focus pre-Disney in Seqouia/Kings Canyon as I have been longing to visit that park for several years now (a little obsessed with big trees right now). We are going to stay at the Hume Lake campgrounds (in their motel unit) and use their dining plan. I had originally booked a tent cabin in Kings Canyon but am going to cancel it now since DH says the food sounds way better in Hume Lake.

Cutting out some of the stuff I planned is going to give us more time to relax and take it easy AND get to Disneyland earlier! Originally we were going to leave Sequoia at 1pm to drive to Anaheim which would put us squarely in the middle of the worst of the traffic. Now, we will leave the area by 9/10am and get in to Anaheim by 2/3pm before the worst of the weekday traffic.

I'm a bit bummed about missing some of the stuff I had wanted to do, but I think our revised itinerary will be a much better balance for my family and I won't run them ragged before we even get to Disney!

We'll be there from July 27th - July 30th! I'm testing the waters this time with a Good Neighbor Hotel....eeeekkkk.... haha!

I'm a long-time WDW traveler and we just went to DL in September, but I'm never stayed off Disney property, so I'm a teeensy bit sceeered. I just couldn't pass up a deal through Costco though staying at the Hyatt Regency Orange County, which is a Good Neighbor hotel. If anybody has anything to share about this choice of mine, please let me know! We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last time, but I figure we just weren't in the hotel that much to justify spending that much more and this will be at the end of a two week California road trip for us midwesterners.

I got my confirmation from my TA that the final payments for my trip have been made. So excited! And we've booked 3 dinners for the 3 nights we'll be there Catal in Downtown Disney, Napa Rose, and Blue Bayou (my poor wallet!). Now I just have to count down the days!

As an aside, is there anything I should be putting down as a room request on my reservation? We're Club level but standard view at PPH and none of us have ever stayed there so we're a bit clueless on that front. Or should we just see what happens? I can't imagine we'll be disappointed in any case.

We are excited that in 29 days we will be there for 6 days! Looking forward to the BWPPI right at the crosswalk. First time being close enough to get soaked and make a quick hotel getaway to change (plus about the same walk as to the trams and bam, home free!). We are enjoying BB on the 3rd, Minnies and Carthey Circle on the 4th, and Steakhouse 55 on the 5th. What a great way to celebrate our DD early bday and our Anniversary. :)

We have booked a trip from July 12-18 at the Grand Californian! So excited! I have stayed at Disneyland Hotel 6 years ago. We are hoping it is as fun as the 50th. Traveling with DH, DD (15), DD (11), and DM. My brother and his family also joining but staying OP.

We'll be there from July 27th - July 30th! I'm testing the waters this time with a Good Neighbor Hotel....eeeekkkk.... haha!

I'm a long-time WDW traveler and we just went to DL in September, but I'm never stayed off Disney property, so I'm a teeensy bit sceeered. I just couldn't pass up a deal through Costco though staying at the Hyatt Regency Orange County, which is a Good Neighbor hotel. If anybody has anything to share about this choice of mine, please let me know! We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last time, but I figure we just weren't in the hotel that much to justify spending that much more and this will be at the end of a two week California road trip for us midwesterners.

We have never stayed on site at DLR. I figure we can stay a whole week for the price of a only few days on property. I'd rather stay the week. We've only been to WDW once but there I would never consider staying off property. Anyway, I don't know much about the hotel itself except that it is too far to walk. We now stay at the Candy Cane Inn so we can walk over but when we used to stay further away, we always drove ourselves because I hate taking the bus and being on "bus time".

Good morning! One of our vacation days is July 4th. I know it will be crowded, and was wondering if anyone can recommend someplace outside the crowded parks where the fireworks will be visible that night.

We'll try (traveling with two 16-year-olds, so fingers crossed) to get to DL at rope drop, have a late breakfast, then head back to the pool when the crowds become too thick. I'm not sure if we'll venture back after dinner...I'm hoping to avoid the nighttime crowd, but I love fireworks!

Thanks.

:sunny:

Anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter