Official DL July 2015 thread

Hey everyone!! Just back from a super magical trip!! We had an amazing time! Overall, we accomplished a lot, met tons of characters and did a lot of rides and shows!
There were times when the crowds were rough to get through, but I don't think the wait times were too bad. We never had trouble getting spots for shows, even walking in last minute. We watched PTN from back near IASW, but then we couldn't get to Main St for the fireworks because of traffic. We saw the fireworks a few nights later and they were AMAZING!!! PTN was also an excellent parade-one of my favorites. I did feel like most of the nighttime shows didn't give me the feels like they normally do (I remember sobbing through the entire 50th fireworks, and this time I'm pregnant-still no tears!!). But they were still a lot of fun and the effects were really impressive-expecially during PTN and the projections on Main St during the fireworks.
WOC I thought was a bit of a let down. I've never seen the older show, but this one seemed choppy and thrown together. Also, the wind must have been bad because you really couldn't see the projections or hear the sound clearly. We were in the "yellow zone" for our FP.
There are things about CA that will make it tough to go back to DW-
1.the weather-holy cow! Even though it was in the mid 80s, it felt nothing like FL in the summer. It was actually cool in the shade and no humidity.
2. The characters-I miss being able to randomly run into characters in the parks. It was so nice!
3. No overcrowding in shows/attractions. Seats were never full. We never had to hear "please move all the way down, filling in all available space" NOT ONCE!!

I really loved this trip and was sad to leave. The only thing I wasn't happy about were our character meals. The food was good, but the character interactions were very weak. Barely any stayed to actually interact with the kids-except for Rapunzel at Ariel's Grotto, Stitch at Surf's Up, and Meeko at Critter Breakfast. It made me really sad, because that was my daughter's favorite part of our trip last summer. She still talks about it. I won't be doing any more character meals in DL.

Anyone else want to check in with their experience?!?!

We got back on Sunday. We had a blast even though it was hot and muggy. I've lived in California long enough that I forgot how awful humidity is. LOL.

We had some awesome experiences. My daughter got to pilot the Mark Twain. My husband went up with her (I couldn't go with my scooter) and said it was really fun. She received a very nice certificate, which will be framed!

The fireworks, with the projections, were amazing! Such a beautiful show. We got the opportunity to watch it from in front of the castle.

We also got to enjoy the fireworks while riding BMTRR one night. That was really cool!

This was our first trip with pin trading. It was so much fun! We are hooked!

We also saw the Aladdin show for the first time. It was amazing! I loved it. I can't believe we missed it on all our other trips. This show will be a must do on our next trip (and last trip for a few years).

We got back on Sunday. We had a blast even though it was hot and muggy. I've lived in California long enough that I forgot how awful humidity is. LOL.

We had some awesome experiences. My daughter got to pilot the Mark Twain. My husband went up with her (I couldn't go with my scooter) and said it was really fun. She received a very nice certificate, which will be framed!

The fireworks, with the projections, were amazing! Such a beautiful show. We got the opportunity to watch it from in front of the castle.

We also got to enjoy the fireworks while riding BMTRR one night. That was really cool!

This was our first trip with pin trading. It was so much fun! We are hooked!

We also saw the Aladdin show for the first time. It was amazing! I loved it. I can't believe we missed it on all our other trips. This show will be a must do on our next trip (and last trip for a few years).

That's so funny, because I thought there was NO humidity at all!! Ha!! There was one day when I felt it...I think it was Wednesday, but every other day felt like heaven!
I agree about the Aladdin show-it was excellent! My 3 yo loved it-between scenes when the audience would clap, she got nervous that it was over. I've seen it on Broadway, and it was very similar (a little longer though ;) ) The genie is hilarious!

I've lived in California long enough that I forgot how awful humidity is. LOL.
Hold the phone. Humidity isn't a thing in California?

I'll be in Riverside and Anaheim mid-September and I've been dreading the heat (I've lived in the northeast my whole life). How is it in the summer if it's not muggy?

Hold the phone. Humidity isn't a thing in California?

I'll be in Riverside and Anaheim mid-September and I've been dreading the heat (I've lived in the northeast my whole life). How is it in the summer if it's not muggy?
HOT! Just freaking hot. This summer has been very unusual though. We've been getting tropical moisture causing humidity. If you're used to humidity, you probably won't notice it as much as those of us who are used to the drier heat. Although, I hate the dry heat also!

Crazy hot in the sun, but wonderfully cool in the shade. We are super lazy about sunscreen (even when we vacation in the tropics), but we used it endlessly during our time in California - that sun is blazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter