Official Disneyland ½ Marathon & 5k

That would be cool! I'm just as excited to volunteer as I am to run on Sunday.

I don't know if we will get to pick what we do or if we will just be assigned a job.

Has anyone volunteered for the 5K before?

I think it would be a lot of fun to volunteer at a Disney race!!!

Hey guys ~ don't know who's flying, but I got an email today from Super Shuttle. If you're flying w/ more than 1 person, they're having a deal where you extra people can be added on for only $5. It includes LAX, SNA and LGB. Didn't check out the website, but if it's not on their site, I held onto the email and can forward it to you if you want it! The deal ends 8/31, so if you come in Fri or sooner, it could save you some money.

Ok - I need this email! We have three of us coming in on Thursday evening.

Could you perhaps email it to me? I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

We are still trying to decide where to stay for this race. I want to be close to the finish line since I will need to limp back to our room ;) I am looking at the map and trying to figure out which hotel would work best, which translates into shortest walk! Would appreciate any ideas!

I am super excited and see so many familiar names here! Hope everyone is well!

Hi everyone!

We are still trying to decide where to stay for this race. I want to be close to the finish line since I will need to limp back to our room ;) I am looking at the map and trying to figure out which hotel would work best, which translates into shortest walk! Would appreciate any ideas!

I am super excited and see so many familiar names here! Hope everyone is well!

We are staying at Fairfiled Inn, right across the street. Any of the hotels right across the street would work, unless you want to stay at Disneyland or Grand Californian - that is the closest you can get.

The finish line looks between the DL and PP Hotel - I think we would have to walk all the way back around to get around to the offsite hotels that are on that main strip. Or is there a cut through somewhere? It is really difficult to tell looking at the maps and I'm less familiar with DL - I would prefer to stay offsite due to cost if possible. One of our celebrations is my DD's 21st birthday so would prefer to have some extra celebration money to do other things :)

Dagny said:
The finish line looks between the DL and PP Hotel - I think we would have to walk all the way back around to get around to the offsite hotels that are on that main strip. Or is there a cut through somewhere? It is really difficult to tell looking at the maps and I'm less familiar with DL - I would prefer to stay offsite due to cost if possible. One of our celebrations is my DD's 21st birthday so would prefer to have some extra celebration money to do other things :)

We should be able to walk right down Disneyland Drive to get to the hotels on Katella. I'm at BW Stovalls again. It's really just a few steps away from PP.

The finish line last year was just past Disneyland Hotel. They were allowing people to cross the running path there at the pathway that leads from DTD to Disney Hotel - where the big Mickey hate is with Tinker Bell!

We should be able to walk right down Disneyland Drive to get to the hotels on Katella. I'm at BW Stovalls again. It's really just a few steps away from PP.

Thanks Sarah! We were looking pretty hard at that one as well - I am thinking that is our best choice, but the reviews are not that kind! There are several that are on Harbor that look good, but it doesn't look like we can cut through without going back down Disneyland Drive to Katella and back over to Harbor. I know I am over thinking it, but I also know how cranky I can be after having just gone 13 miles... another 1/4 mile will seem like an eternity!

In any event, look forward to seeing everyone there!

Thanks Sarah! We were looking pretty hard at that one as well - I am thinking that is our best choice, but the reviews are not that kind! There are several that are on Harbor that look good, but it doesn't look like we can cut through without going back down Disneyland Drive to Katella and back over to Harbor. I know I am over thinking it, but I also know how cranky I can be after having just gone 13 miles... another 1/4 mile will seem like an eternity!

I like to stay at the Howard Johnson's. We walk back thru DTD and cross the street to get there. But, we've found it to be a nice place to stay.

Dagny said:

I'll have to look at the reviews. Lol. We've stayed here for the last 2 races and haven't had any problems.

dizdreamer1955 said:
I like to stay at the Howard Johnson's. We walk back thru DTD and cross the street to get there. But, we've found it to be a nice place to stay.

I like HoJo too but the hotels on Harbor seem so far away after the race. Lol.

We are staying at the Castle Inn this year on Harbor/Katella- Never stayed there before so new experience.. Last year I stayed at Super 8 on Katella which wasnt a horrible walk post race...

The 5k Course Map is available now!!!

My daughter is going to love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at the map again, did you notice we barely go backstage this year? Only at the beginning by Indy and Splash. Don't get me wrong, super stoked to go through/end in Cars Land, but I love the backstage area too! And no train stop either! That's 1 of my fav parts! Hopefully we'll go by there for the 1/2 again.

kim3339 said:
I was just looking at the map again, did you notice we barely go backstage this year? Only at the beginning by Indy and Splash. Don't get me wrong, super stoked to go through/end in Cars Land, but I love the backstage area too! And no train stop either! That's 1 of my fav parts! Hopefully we'll go by there for the 1/2 again.

Has the 5K ever run through the Castle before?

Has the 5K ever run through the Castle before?

Last year we didn't, and we didn't this year for Tink. But we have in the past. I'm not a big race pic buyer, but the 1st year I did it, 2nd of the race, I got an awesome shot. That may be the only race pic I've ever bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter