• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I can ask this question here, please forgive if it should be somewhere else--if I am celebrating my anniversary at CRT with all the kids (6 of us total), what is the best size cake to order? I wrote & asked about getting a cake when we do dinner at Chef Mickeys -- requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???

I really just wanted choc/choc because hubs & kids love choc, but also b/c I wanted it to be much less pricey! I'd still rather celebrate at CM, because we'd be going straight back to the resort with any leftovers, but thought if what I could get at CRT might be cheaper, I'd go that route?

Any suggestions?

Not sure if I can ask this question here, please forgive if it should be somewhere else--if I am celebrating my anniversary at CRT with all the kids (6 of us total), what is the best size cake to order? I wrote & asked about getting a cake when we do dinner at Chef Mickeys -- requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???

I really just wanted choc/choc because hubs & kids love choc, but also b/c I wanted it to be much less pricey! I'd still rather celebrate at CM, because we'd be going straight back to the resort with any leftovers, but thought if what I could get at CRT might be cheaper, I'd go that route?

Any suggestions?

I'm sure the fondant is making the cost go up. I would ask what they can do with buttercream.

requested an 8 in choc/choc with an anniversary M/M with red & yellow accents, and got back a note saying they could do fondant covered with red & yellow for 122. Now I wonder if it's the size or style making it pricier???

Yeah, it's the fondant and the size. You'd be fine with a 6-inch cake for a group that size if it includes kids, and covering the cake in chocolate buttercream will be a lot cheaper without fondant on top. The same bakery makes cakes for both places, so the price won't change based on location. Just the criteria mentioned above.

Hi! I've read through a ton of posts (so many awesome cakes) but I haven't been able to read the entire thread.

Does anyone know if you can get a gluten free cake without getting the allergen free cake? We will be there in early Sept. and my youngest's 3rd birthday will be on our second day there, our Epcot day. We had originally planned to skip a cake but he keeps talking about having chocolate cake with Mickey Mouse on it for his birthday...he LOVES Mickey! :goodvibes So we are trying to figure out our options. 3 of us (including the birthday boy) are gluten free but that is the only dietary restriction we have. Would they be able to do just a g-free cake or will the allergen cake or Babycakes be our only option? We will be staying at POR and have an ADR for Garden Grill that night.

Thanks!

I want to get a cake delivered to POR. I would like it delivered to the room so I would have to coordinate with boardwalk bakery. We are going to hoop dee doo for 4 pm and I'd like to arrange for delivery about 530 or 6 can they be that accurate with delivery? I don't really want the. Cake sitting out because I want a refrigerated filling.

Is there a delivery charge?

From reading posts it seems the board walk Bakery can be a bit challenging to deal with and coordinate? I saw a picture of a cake done at BB and the price seemed pretty expensive for what it was. Are BB cakes typically more expensive?

Another option would be to get a cake delivered to hoop dee doo. We wouldn't actually eat it there, just box it up and bring it back to the room. Hoop dee doo is services by the contemporary right? I have Brian doing our other cake so I'm wondering IF this option would just be Easier?

Any thoughts or opinions?

Does anyone know if you can get a gluten free cake without getting the allergen free cake? We will be there in early Sept. and my youngest's 3rd birthday will be on our second day there, our Epcot day.

Only Epcot's pastry team can answer this question for you—people on this thread have been getting different answers from different locations lately. Some are being told by Disney to work directly with Babycakes. But I'd definitely call Epcot (number is in Post #2) and see what they say. :thumbsup2

I want to get a cake delivered to POR. I would like it delivered to the room so I would have to coordinate with boardwalk bakery.

Actually, you have to coordinate with POR. If you call BoardWalk Bakery directly, they will tell you they don't deliver. By working with POR, you can specify exactly the time you want the cake delivered to your room. If it's small enough, they can put it in the mini fridge for you. There is no delivery charge.

From reading posts it seems the board walk Bakery can be a bit challenging to deal with and coordinate? I saw a picture of a cake done at BB and the price seemed pretty expensive for what it was. Are BB cakes typically more expensive?

BWB is not nearly as challenging to work with as the Grand Floridian, and their cakes fall somewhere in the middle of the price range. But there's not a huge price difference anywhere on property.

Another option would be to get a cake delivered to hoop dee doo. We wouldn't actually eat it there, just box it up and bring it back to the room. Hoop dee doo is services by the contemporary right? I have Brian doing our other cake so I'm wondering IF this option would just be Easier?

To me it would be easier simply because you're already in contact with the chef and can easily send photos/info for the additional cake. For POR, you have to start the process all over again, and you probably won't be able to work directly with the pastry chef like you can with the Contemporary.

Hi Everyone! I ordered a custom cake back in April and neglected to share the pictures. It was absolutely gorgeous!

My parents were celebrating their 31st Anniversary, which happens to be represented by timepieces, hence the clock. We were staying at Bay Lake Towers, so I went through Chef Brian at the Contemporary and he was wonderful. I ended up going with a chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream and raspberry mousse and fresh raspberry filling.

They delivered the cake directly to the room and even set up plates, napkins, and forks for us to enjoy. It was $85 plus tax and gratuity. It was worth every penny, in my opinion. For those of you worried about the size of the 6", I was shocked at how tall it was! We had 5 adults and 2 kids and enough left over to have a small second piece the next day. My parents were so surprised and absolutely loved it (and it was delicious too!)

Here are some pics:

904803_10100925109235489_1189547029_o_zpsda1d4b52.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

903346_10100925109544869_1582156714_o_zpsa313ec0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

892146_10100925109634689_450666294_o_zpsc0ec4073.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

891869_10100925112968009_1691024279_o_zps8023a577.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Only Epcot's pastry team can answer this question for you—people on this thread have been getting different answers from different locations lately. Some are being told by Disney to work directly with Babycakes. But I'd definitely call Epcot (number is in Post #2) and see what they say. :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I will give them a call! :)

Thanks to all who suggested I email back about my fondant vs choc/choc cake dilemma! I did email back & got a reply saying they could do my 8 in choc/choc with white choc Mickey-Minnie and message on white choc banner with red & yellow flowers for $47!!!

I'm going to call to place the order tomorrow! :0)

No one in the family knows--it'll be a big surprise! :0)

Hi Everyone! I ordered a custom cake back in April and neglected to share the pictures. It was absolutely gorgeous!

My parents were celebrating their 31st Anniversary, which happens to be represented by timepieces, hence the clock. We were staying at Bay Lake Towers, so I went through Chef Brian at the Contemporary and he was wonderful. I ended up going with a chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream and raspberry mousse and fresh raspberry filling.

They delivered the cake directly to the room and even set up plates, napkins, and forks for us to enjoy. It was $85 plus tax and gratuity. It was worth every penny, in my opinion. For those of you worried about the size of the 6", I was shocked at how tall it was! We had 5 adults and 2 kids and enough left over to have a small second piece the next day. My parents were so surprised and absolutely loved it (and it was delicious too!)

Here are some pics:

904803_10100925109235489_1189547029_o_zpsda1d4b52.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

903346_10100925109544869_1582156714_o_zpsa313ec0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

892146_10100925109634689_450666294_o_zpsc0ec4073.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

891869_10100925112968009_1691024279_o_zps8023a577.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Gorgeous!!

Ok, here are a few photos from my birthday visit in late July.

This is my Stitch Tower of Terror cake that was created by Pat and delivered to Narcoossee's. It was the 6 inch cake and was $75.

This is my little Stitch mini wedding cake that was created at the Contemporary Bakery and delivered to Tony's Town Square. It was $50.

This was my dark chocolate slipper dessert that was delivered to Cinderella's Royal Table. The slipper was included in my altered Royal Princess Package which also included the full size tiara and the engraved glass slipper.

If someone could help...I have been thru the pictures at least twice and cannot find any cakes from Le Cellier.. am I just missing it?

Not very many people on this thread have ordered cakes for delivery to Le Cellier. They are now made by Epcot's pastry team, and someone posted this nice-looking fondant-covered cake made by Epcot a few weeks ago, so I think you're in good hands. :thumbsup2

EpcotBakeryCake.jpg

Is the altered Slipper Package only available at Cinderella's Castle or can it be delivered to Trails End?

TiA

So after reading the thread I just wanted to clariy. I cannot order a themed cake for delivery at a restaurant in hollywood studios. right?

So after reading the thread I just wanted to clariy. I cannot order a themed cake for delivery at a restaurant in hollywood studios. right?

You can't get a fancier themed fondant cake but you still have many options:

Hollywood Studios 407-827-2253
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
8-inch $32, same options
10-inch $45 vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is white or dark chocolate mousse, vanilla or chocolate buttercream, or strawberry filling; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
Screen prints and inscriptions are available for cakes 8 inches or larger at no extra charge
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate

Is the altered Slipper Package only available at Cinderella's Castle or can it be delivered to Trails End?

TiA

The Slipper can only be available at MK, The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian. The Princess package is only available at CRT. You can ask for it in milk chocolate instead of the white chocolate. :)

What are my choices for BOG and what number do I call?

Be Our Guest is currently taking cakes order by order. They apparently don't have alot of room in their fridge to accommodate large cakes. For a cake at BOG, contact the Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom* 407-827-2253 or magickingdomcakes@Disney.com
6-inch $21 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
8-inch $32, same options
Screen print costs $15
10-inch $45 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake with vanilla or chocolate buttercream
Mickey Mouse Cake $48 (serves 12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15 and can only be served at Cinderella's Royal Table
Fancy, fondant-covered cakes and mini cakes start at $75 for 6-inch cakes and $30 for two-tier mini cakes, which serve 2.

Does anyone have a shot of the two tier mini cake that they offer at HDDR? They said they have one that is just two tier, and one that also has the castle on top? We are going the night before Halloween, and its for my FIL's 72nd birthday (which is actually a few weeks before).
I'm thinking of having them do it black/orange/purple for Halloween. Not knowing what this cake looks like - Will that look OK, or like a big dark blob?? Will they draw pumpkins or bats or something on the side if I request it, or is it to small for that? I was thinking keeping it white, with orange pumpkins and black bats going around.... Thoughts?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter