OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo-8.jpg

Great cake! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes Do you remember the price or the flavors?

Would I call the number list on page #1
407-938-4720 or would I just wait speak to someone at the AKL resort after we arrive?

The shortest notice you can do a custom cake on is 48 hours. However, the cake you describe is not very far off their standard cakes, so it may be very easy for them to do.

Because people have had trouble getting a hold of AKL's pastry team on the phone before, you might do better to speak with the concierge once you're actually there and see if that expedites the process.

One other thought
are white chocolate and dark chocolate tuxedo strawberries an option

Chocolate-covered strawberries have not been on the private dining menu in the past, but things change. You might call them now to ask about that. Otherwise, they have a selection of other treats, like chocolate animals and things or a cookie plate. But only Private Dining can tell you for sure what's available. :thumbsup2

Great cake! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes Do you remember the price or the flavors?

Yes! The price was $51 and it was yellow cake with chocolate butter cream filling.

We ordered the chocolate slipper for my birthday meal at CRT and it was Dark Chocolate. They asked when I ordered it which I was suprised about. It was also very good. $15 if I remember right. Will have to see if my sister has a picture of it.

Erica

I didn't know Disney did these (should have figured!)
My parents' anniversary is on Friday and they are coming with us to Disney next week. I would love to get a cake and surprise them! Only problem is they don't eat eggs...anyone know if Disney can do an eggless cake?
Thanks!

Need some ideas for what to request. We will be at VWL starting two weeks from tomorrow. I want to order a cake to have for Christmas Day to celebrate Christ's birthday. At home we normally bake a cake, so decided to order one since we will be in the world!

I am assuming they won't do a nativity since it does not consist of Disney characters but what about maybe a 6 inch with fondant in silvers and golds then have Happy Birthday Jesus written on it? Do you think they could/would accommodate this request?

Ty for any help! Any other suggestions welcomed! Also from reading page one, it looks like I would need to call the Contemporary for a fondant cake?

I am assuming they won't do a nativity since it does not consist of Disney characters but what about maybe a 6 inch with fondant in silvers and golds then have Happy Birthday Jesus written on it? Do you think they could/would accommodate this request?

I don't see why not. Jesus is a name like any other (well, you know what I mean...) ;)

Also from reading page one, it looks like I would need to call the Contemporary for a fondant cake?

Correct. :thumbsup2

Left a message with the Contemporary cake hotline today! Looking to get a mini-wedding cake for our dinner at California Grill on the 15th. It's for my fiance's birthday (well... actually, his birthday was in mid November, but we've both been on this stupid wedding diet and I tried to make him a low carb cake [while still being low calorie for me] and it was a disaster, so I owe him a birthday cake re-do). We leave the next day so I don't want a ton of cake.

I'll be sure to take pictures and give details when we get back!

ETA: I received a call back yesterday and was given the email address to Chef Brian. I ordered a mini-"wedding" cake with chocolate cake and peanut butter cup filling. I wanted it covered in white fondant and white/silver edible snowflakes either on the cake, on top, or on the plate (since I've ordered a mini-cake before I know that they're pretty small (surface area wise) so there's only so much room to work with!). He emailed me back with a quote of $50. I will be calling in to order today. I'm so excited! I will be sure to share photos when we get back!

just emailed Chef Brian tonight after calling the contemporary private dining line.

Asked about a two tiered mini cake to be delivered to CRT for a birthday breakfast (yup, I'm that kind of mom! cake for breakfast!)

I asked about having raspberry mousse with vanilla cake and the cake will either be a Minnie themed or Holiday/birthday themed. The Minnie version I said could be either red with yellow/white/black details and Minnie ear hat. The Holiday I said could be up to him with two inspiration pictures with red or white fondant, gold mickey stamps and all sorts of cool holiday goodies like gingerbread people, poinsettias and snowflakes.

Can't wait to see what he says will fit our budget!

Thanks for all the info on this thread. I couldn't have ordered without it!

DH surprised me with a cake for my birthday. He did a 6in vanilla cake from the Contemporary. It was delish!
IMG_7037.JPG

gaildmoody said:
If I want to order a custom cake for Cinderellas Royal Table who do I call? :confused3

I called the Contemporary line given on the same page (look under MK). I spoke with a very nice man named Thomas who gave me Chef Brian's email to discuss specifics. He told me what would work and what wouldn't as well as a quote and he answered very quickly. I emailed at night, he answered by 7am. I then called back Thomas and placed the order.

It was really quite easy!

I called the Contemporary line given on the same page (look under MK). I spoke with a very nice man named Thomas who gave me Chef Brian's email to discuss specifics. He told me what would work and what wouldn't as well as a quote and he answered very quickly. I emailed at night, he answered by 7am. I then called back Thomas and placed the order.

It was really quite easy!

Thanks. Can you PM me Brians email? :confused3

This is a great cake, and so faithful to your original sketches. I love the cloudy bubbly border around the bottom!

Yup- they really stayed true to the design. We were soooooo happy with it! Now to come up with a design for ME--in case we venture back to WDW for my 40th :goodvibes

Is there much of a difference in cake taste between the cakes supplied by Epcot's bakery and those (Epcot restaurants) that use supplied by an outside bakery? Not that it matters too much at this point as we are going to go for Restaurant Marrakesh anyway. Just curious if there is a much of a difference (our last cake was supplied by the Polynesian about 5 years ago and was great - was white cake & white buttercream) Thanks.

I would guess that the cake you get at Restaurant Marrakesh will probably taste more like the one you got at Ohana than one made by Epcot's bakery would, given Epcot's predilection for whipped cream frosting over buttercream. Frankly, I'd rather have a cake made by an outside vendor at Epcot for that very reason!

Hello everyone. I thought I would share the cake we ordered for my daughter's Sweet 16. We ordered a Mad Hatter style cake that was Lilo and Stitch "Tropical Theme". The cake was a chocolate cake with dark chocolate mouse and fresh raspberry filling.

399195_10151243526725256_280648088_n.jpg

224177_10151243526835256_608057727_n.jpg

602416_10151243526805256_2120447328_n.jpg

486356_10151243527230256_533494106_n.jpg

It was fantastic!!! We ordered it with the Contemporary Resort Bakery to have at our Chef Mickey's dinner on 11/16. We were quoted $165 and the final cost with tax and tip was about $225.

The only thing I regret was not eating more of it when we were at the restaurant because after dinner we were going to MVMCP and had to get a locker to keep it in. The locker was so small we had to place the cake in sideways. It was a disaster. :scared: Also, it didn't fit easily in the fridge at our resort, POR, and we ended up still having to do a lot of dismantling to be able to store it.

The kids really didn't mind the way it looked after all this craziness and still ate it the next day. :rotfl2:

Has anyone ever had a cake delivered by Babycakes? I have quite a few allergies and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter