OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
we are staying at beach club resort and want a cake for our cape may dinner in a few months where do I call to order a cake ??
whats the smallest ( we will be 4 adults and a toddler ) I want to order a Tangled cake ..any pictures of cake done with that theme ?? thanks

Does anyone know if these are still available? It's was a little cake in a pirate chest with a mickey flag and little compass available at certain restaurants.

Thanks!!

Wow; would the size be about the same as a mini cake? Just enough to feed one?

You guys are awesome...thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Here's a picture I found on the Internets. The cake beside it should give you a general idea of the size of the Mickey head cake.

WeddingPictures-somedisney006.jpg

Hi
we are staying at beach club resort and want a cake for our cape may dinner in a few months where do I call to order a cake ??
whats the smallest ( we will be 4 adults and a toddler )

All the info you need is in Posts #1 and #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2 And here is a link to the only Tangled cake I've seen in these Cake threads: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41710898&postcount=2640

Does anyone know if these are still available? It's was a little cake in a pirate chest with a mickey flag and little compass available at certain restaurants.

Unfortunately, these are no longer offered.

I see that Port Orleans Riverside uses Boardwalk Bakery, does anyone here have any experience of whether it is possible to get delivery to your room at POR? I would ring the phoneline but being in the UK and all its a bit expensive ringing if I don't get right through, and hopefully someone here can say :) We arrive 22/09 and the cake would be for 03/10 so I figure that is enough time if I order on 23/09 - thinking that before we arrive would be a pain as don't know the room details until we check in.

By looking at the various posts, it looks like 8" is a must if you want anything character wise.

Hey yall! I've been back from the World a little over a week but have yet to get my photos from the computer to the internet so I can post.

We ordered from Beach Club to be delivered at Cape May. I was very pleased with the innards of the cake (moist flavorful chocolate cake, rich creamy white chocolate filling, yummy butter cream)

The outside was somewhere btw ok and good. My disappointment is because there was a delta btw what I expected (asked for) and what was delivered. The biggest issue being it said "Happy Birthday Terry" my husband's name is Jerry and we went over that more than once.

In the end my husband was blown away and very happy with the cake and since he was the birthday boy that's all that mattered. I'll post photos later

Hello!

I am planning to order a mini caslte cake for my parents wedding anniversary at Narcosssees. But the thing is, i will not be travelling with my parents. Is there a way i could pre pay for the cake? I would hate for my parents to end up having to pay for it! I will give them $200 disney gift card to pay for the meal but would really like to pay the cake in advance. Please let me know if its possible? Thanks alot! :)

lurkyloo said:
You do have to be checked in for them to deliver it, but they seemed pretty flexible on the time when I ordered mine for AOA room delivery. I want mine to show up just before I get back from IllumiNations, and they had no problem setting the delivery time for 9pm.

Thanks for your help :) I just ordered it today through a very nice lady who after a couple days of phone tag!

I see that Port Orleans Riverside uses Boardwalk Bakery, does anyone here have any experience of whether it is possible to get delivery to your room at POR?

I have a friend in the UK who was recently able to do this, but she ended up having to call Boatwright's Dining Hall to get in touch with a real person. For some reason, the number the Cake Hotline directs you to is never answered. :sad2:

Hello!

I am planning to order a mini caslte cake for my parents wedding anniversary at Narcosssees. But the thing is, i will not be travelling with my parents. Is there a way i could pre pay for the cake? I would hate for my parents to end up having to pay for it! I will give them $200 disney gift card to pay for the meal but would really like to pay the cake in advance. Please let me know if its possible? Thanks alot! :)

You can try doing it when you order the cake, but it's a crapshoot. Sometimes they charge your card beforehand, sometimes they bill you with dinner. Maybe if you stressed the importance of paying beforehand they'd make sure it happened....

Thanks for your help :) I just ordered it today through a very nice lady who after a couple days of phone tag!

Yay! Can't wait to see it! :goodvibes

So! Finally got my cake ordered from the contemporary to be delivered to our wishes fireworks boat cruise. I called everyday until someone else besides the guy answered as he would not have my cake delivered there!
Anyway! I'm very happy I finally got through.
So all she did was take my conformation number for the boat cruise and the date and my name and she didn't give me a confirmation number for my cake. Is that normal? And do I just pay them when they deliver it? She said my credit card is just on file incase we aren't there?

Does anyone have any good ideas for a Sleeping Beauty cake? I have seen other princess ones, but not a lot for SB. I was thinking pink icing, of course, with a quilted appearance like a pillow. And maybe her simple gold crown on top with a 5 where the jewel would go. DD will be 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good photos, I'd love to hear/see them. Thanks!!

Does anyone have any good ideas for a Sleeping Beauty cake? I have seen other princess ones, but not a lot for SB. I was thinking pink icing, of course, with a quilted appearance like a pillow. And maybe her simple gold crown on top with a 5 where the jewel would go. DD will be 5.

If anyone has any other suggestions or good photos, I'd love to hear/see them. Thanks!!

You could see if they could do half blue/ half pink icing for Sleeping Beauty's dress (since the faeries couldn't decide the colour of her dress!)

So! Finally got my cake ordered from the contemporary to be delivered to our wishes fireworks boat cruise. I called everyday until someone else besides the guy answered as he would not have my cake delivered there!
Anyway! I'm very happy I finally got through.
So all she did was take my conformation number for the boat cruise and the date and my name and she didn't give me a confirmation number for my cake. Is that normal? And do I just pay them when they deliver it? She said my credit card is just on file incase we aren't there?

Glad you got it sorted out! They never give confirmation numbers for cakes. I've never had a cake delivered to a cruise, but I can't imagine they make you whip out your credit card right then and there. What if the cake arrives before you do? I'll bet they just charge it that day using the number on file.

Ideas?
We are surprising my husband with a Bday cake at 1900 Park Fare in 3 weeks. My 5 year old wants a frog on it, my 7 year old wants Prince Charming. I was thinking of a fondant covered cake with a swamp scene/frog at the bottom, and a prince charming somewhere. It would say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Do you have any more ideas of wha I could do?

Ideas?
We are surprising my husband with a Bday cake at 1900 Park Fare in 3 weeks. My 5 year old wants a frog on it, my 7 year old wants Prince Charming. I was thinking of a fondant covered cake with a swamp scene/frog at the bottom, and a prince charming somewhere. It would say "Happy Birthday to our Prince Charming!". Do you have any more ideas of wha I could do?

id be very interested in hearing what u come up with and what the cakes like as we ll be celebrating dh s 40th at 1900pk and as he is french the theme was going to be either beauty and the beast ;), or a frog, prob from the princess and the frog:hyper:

ty
tracy

You could see if they could do half blue/ half pink icing for Sleeping Beauty's dress (since the faeries couldn't decide the colour of her dress!)

You could even elaborate on this further. You could have an edible image of Flora on the pink side waving her wand to "make it pink," Merriweather on the blue side to "make it blue," and Fauna stuck in the middle. You might even see if they're able to gradually marble the middle area so you get a blending of pink and blue. On the top...they should be able to sculpt an edible version of Aurora's crown (hers should be fairly easy to make out of all the crowns) and you could have a stand up 2d edible image of Aurora on white chocolate standing in the center of the crown. Since she's also "Briar Rose" - you could have a variety of pink and red roses going around the base of the cake and/or at the far edges of the crown.

Ideas?

Ok- in working with the swamp concept...I think you could have the fondant a marbled green (i.e. medium & dark green...maybe even a bit of brown and light green for subtle but greater depth)...then you could add the edible image of the swamp around the outer edge of the cake on the marbled green. On the top of the cake...you could have a circular or random form area of blue (possibly with luster dust to give it a shimmering water look) with a 3D edible sculpted frog sitting in the middle on a lilypad. The frog would be wearing a gold crown...i.e. he's the frog prince who becomes prince charming. You could also have them add other greenery behind the "pond" and frog to create greater depth to the scene. i.e. trees, cattails, vines, etc. Alternately, instead of foliage and instead of having the swamp image on the cake...you could have them do the swamp image on a large concave piece of white chocolate so that it functions as the backdrop for the frog. Then you could have your bday msg written on the side of the cake rather than on a piece of white chocolate like a lot of people do.

TiggerTrigger said:
Ok- in working with the swamp concept...I think you could have the fondant a marbled green (i.e. medium & dark green...maybe even a bit of brown and light green for subtle but greater depth)...then you could add the edible image of the swamp around the outer edge of the cake on the marbled green. On the top of the cake...you could have a circular or random form area of blue (possibly with luster dust to give it a shimmering water look) with a 3D edible sculpted frog sitting in the middle on a lilypad. The frog would be wearing a gold crown...i.e. he's the frog prince who becomes prince charming. You could also have them add other greenery behind the "pond" and frog to create greater depth to the scene. i.e. trees, cattails, vines, etc. Alternately, instead of foliage and instead of having the swamp image on the cake...you could have them do the swamp image on a large concave piece of white chocolate so that it functions as the backdrop for the frog. Then you could have your bday msg written on the side of the cake rather than on a piece of white chocolate like a lot of people do.

Thanks! Great ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter