OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking of surprising my DH with a special graduation MINI-CAKE when we have dinner at Coral Reef later this year. DH has been going to night school at ITT to get is BA in Engineering and will finish his last final exam just days before our trip!!

Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake? Any suggestions on what to ask for when decorating for a 36 year old college graduate? It doesn't neccessarily need to be a cap and gown type look, but should say "congrats" or something along those lines. I just want to surpise him with a little something special to say how proud I am of all his hard work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to have this served to us at Coral Reef, I will need to call private dining at the Yacht and Beach Club, right?

TIA :goodvibes

Was thinking of surprising my DH with a special graduation MINI-CAKE when we have dinner at Coral Reef later this year. DH has been going to night school at ITT to get is BA in Engineering and will finish his last final exam just days before our trip!!

Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake? Any suggestions on what to ask for when decorating for a 36 year old college graduate? It doesn't neccessarily need to be a cap and gown type look, but should say "congrats" or something along those lines. I just want to surpise him with a little something special to say how proud I am of all his hard work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I want to have this served to us at Coral Reef, I will need to call private dining at the Yacht and Beach Club, right?

TIA :goodvibes

Does he have a favorite Disney movie or ride that you can make the cake themed after?

Anywhoo... how much have people been charged recently for a specially made mini-cake?

The price really depends on where you're getting it and how much decoration you want. In general they range from $30-$45...

Correct! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they can make round cakes, like a pumpkin? We're celebrating my oldest daughters birthday at Disney in October and would love to get a pumpkin cake :) patterned after the pumpkin Mickeys :)

The only TS restaurants we're eating at are Kona (last day), Boma (first day), and then quite a few in the parks....but those would make it almost impossible to take the leftover cake back to our resort afterward.

We ordered this 8inch cake from the boardwalk bakery for my daughter who is a finding nemo addict. We picked the cake up at the bakery and drove over to the swan and dropped it off and hd dinner at the garden grill. I called the boardwalk cake line and it was smooth from their, 3 emails with some pics and ideas and $72.09 was total cost with tax. Thanks for all the great info on this thread.
212.jpg

photo.jpg

Does anyone know if they can make round cakes, like a pumpkin? We're celebrating my oldest daughters birthday at Disney in October and would love to get a pumpkin cake :) patterned after the pumpkin Mickeys :)

The only TS restaurants we're eating at are Kona (last day), Boma (first day), and then quite a few in the parks....but those would make it almost impossible to take the leftover cake back to our resort afterward.

Your best bet for a pumpkin-shaped cake is to call Grand Floridian Private Dining and order one for delivery to Kona. Just be prepared to be told they don't do shaped cakes. They DO make them—mostly as groom's cakes—but sometimes the private dining contact makes it seem like you only have a few options... Also, the price will be VERY high compared to what you would pay at a local bakery.

Alternatively, you could order a regular cake and ask them to put fondant pumpkins on it in the shape of Mickey. :thumbsup2

We are eatin at mama melrose on my parents 25th anniversary and then we have a wishes firework cruise at 8! I talked to chef Brian and got a quote on a cake and then called today to get the cake ordered and the guy on the contemporary private dining pretty much told me that it was a stupid idea to have the cake on the boat and all this stuff and to have it when I have supper then have me a different number. So does that mean I can't get a cake from chef Brian at the contemporary now? Or do they deliver to mama melrose in Hollywood studios?

We are eatin at mama melrose on my parents 25th anniversary and then we have a wishes firework cruise at 8! I talked to chef Brian and got a quote on a cake and then called today to get the cake ordered and the guy on the contemporary private dining pretty much told me that it was a stupid idea to have the cake on the boat and all this stuff and to have it when I have supper then have me a different number. So does that mean I can't get a cake from chef Brian at the contemporary now? Or do they deliver to mama melrose in Hollywood studios?

I dunno who this guy is who's been answering the phones at Contemporary Private Dining lately, but he's been confusing a lot of people on this thread. :sad2:

Yes, if you do decide to order the cake for Mama Melrose, you will need to order it from a different place (Hollywood Studios' bakery). But don't let him bully you! If you want the cake delivered to a boat departing from the Contemporary, thank him for his concern and insist on placing the order anyway. It's not his place to tell you where the best place is to serve cake! :headache:

lurkyloo said:
I dunno who this guy is who's been answering the phones at Contemporary Private Dining lately, but he's been confusing a lot of people on this thread. :sad2:

Yes, if you do decide to order the cake for Mama Melrose, you will need to order it from a different place (Hollywood Studios' bakery). But don't let him bully you! If you want the cake delivered to a boat departing from the Contemporary, thank him for his concern and insist on placing the order anyway. It's not his place to tell you where the best place is to serve cake! :headache:

Ya you are right! I will probably call back tomorrow or something. Do you know if there is anywhere on the pontoon boats to have a cake? He made it sound like there isn't

Depending on the size and type of your boat, there may be a little built-in table. Otherwise, you can just put the box on a seat to cut the cake the way our captain did when we brought one aboard for IllumiNations. :thumbsup2

Looking to order a mini cake as a suprise for DH on our first night (during dinner at Tony's in MK). I had asked for a two tier mini cake covered in camo print fodant with a deer or antler fondant on top with writing on the plate that says "Happy Anniversary Deer" - DH loves hunting if you havent guessed ;)

I sent an email off to magickingdomcakes@disney.com and got a response fairly quickly and they are passing my request on to the bakery due to it being a custom request...not sure if ive contacted the right people...guess I will just have to wait and see if I get a response :thumbsup2

If you don't hear back, you can always use the contact info in Post #2 of this thread to reach the bakery directly. :thumbsup2

If you don't hear back, you can always use the contact info in Post #2 of this thread to reach the bakery directly. :thumbsup2

Thanks!! If I dont hear in the next day or two I will try and contact them that way... do you know on avg how long it takes for them to get back to you with a response?

Your best bet for a pumpkin-shaped cake is to call Grand Floridian Private Dining and order one for delivery to Kona. Just be prepared to be told they don't do shaped cakes. They DO make them—mostly as groom's cakes—but sometimes the private dining contact makes it seem like you only have a few options... Also, the price will be VERY high compared to what you would pay at a local bakery.

Alternatively, you could order a regular cake and ask them to put fondant pumpkins on it in the shape of Mickey. :thumbsup2

Thanks....man, I hate to hear that it'll be so expensive :( I have a ball pan at home and could easily make a pumpkin mickey cake.....but of course I can't do that on vacation LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll think of something else. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks....man, I hate to hear that it'll be so expensive :( I have a ball pan at home and could easily make a pumpkin mickey cake.....but of course I can't do that on vacation LOL

Hmmm, maybe I'll think of something else. Thanks again for the reply.

They can do the little squiggly mickey heads on the sides of a cake, in orange, to look like mickey pumpkins. You know the ones that are like a spiral head, and spiral ears? I've seen them on the cake thread on the side of a cake at Boardwalk Bakery. Then maybe you could get something fancy done on the top? There are those cool stand-up white chocolate things. They can make almost any character or scene. Maybe they have characters in Halloween costumes? Then they could do fall flowers and fondant pumpkins in front of and around it, or whatever.

Thanks!! If I dont hear in the next day or two I will try and contact them that way... do you know on avg how long it takes for them to get back to you with a response?

I'd give them at least a week, unless your reservation is in the next 10 days, in which case I'd bug 'em after 3 days. :teeth:

Thanks jcemom :) I will do a search online and see if there is something cute but not overly difficult. Maybe it won't be too much if I go with the plain round cake with decorations like you suggest :)

hi
Im going to ring the cake hotline but wanted to see if anyone knew first.....
weve had a cake from the boardwalk bakery before and it was great.

My dd turns 4 while out there and were doing the hollywood and vine character meal for her birthday and she loves Jake and the neverland pirates, can i have a cake delivered here for her???

will they be able to make me a Jake and Izzy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter