OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the email address for Brian at the CR? I wanted to order a cake for an upcoming trip.

Does anyone have the email address for Brian at the CR? I wanted to order a cake for an upcoming trip.

I will PM it to you. This email address is just for quoting purposes, though. You still have to call the CR to place the order.

I had emailed Chef Brian at the CR about options besides cake for my parents' anniversary. I have ordered cakes from him, delivered to our room at BLT, for the past 2 years. They were great, but I wanted something different this year, and we've also already done the chocolate monorail.

I asked him about chocolate dipped pretzel rods, covered with Mickey sprinkles, as my mom LOVES those! He quoted me $21 for a dozen, which I think is a great price!!

Just placed the order with Sarah (I'm pretty sure that was her name) at the CR. They will be delivered on July 14 at 4:30 to our room. They are also going to write Happy Anniversary on the plate. We move over to BLT from Kidani on this day, which is their actual anniversary. She was super sweet and I'm so excited!

I am looking to do a welcome to disney cake at the Grand Floridian @ 1900 PF on our first night there for my mom who has never stayed on site or park hopped and my husband who has not been to Disney since 2000 with us. I was thinking of doing something related to the FQ resort since that is me and our daughters favorite resort. Anyone have any ideas ot suggestion? Need to order cake in about 60 days :goodvibes

Just got off the phone with Pat- I was told at first they only do chocolate or vanilla for the Mini wedding cakes. Told her I wanted a red velvet for my daughter's birthday- she had to go "check" and then I was told that they would do 6 in cake for $21. I had to haggle with her to get the cream cheese filling and white buttercream on the outside. I get the feeling she was trying to get me to order one of the podium cakes - did anyone else have this feeling? At least the price is reasonable. My daughter isn't too picky but has been hinting about getting a red velvet cake for her birthday.:confused3

I am thinking about getting a cake for my mom's 75th anniversary (a 6 inch with buttercream) for desert of Mom's 75th Birthday dinner at the Wave. I have some questions that I didn't see in the FAQ or thread. I would be going through the Contemporary Bakery (freshest cake). Would I be able to get Strawberry as either a frosting flavor or a filling in a Buttercream cake? Would I have to prepay for the cake or is it added to the bill of dinner? She isn't a fondant fan, so I would prefer not to do that for a filling.

I am looking to do a welcome to disney cake at the Grand Floridian @ 1900 PF on our first night there for my mom who has never stayed on site or park hopped and my husband who has not been to Disney since 2000 with us. I was thinking of doing something related to the FQ resort since that is me and our daughters favorite resort. Anyone have any ideas ot suggestion? Need to order cake in about 60 days :goodvibes

What if it had a bunch of the crazy Mardi Gras masks and beads and feathers and stuff like you see at POFQ food court?

I get the feeling she was trying to get me to order one of the podium cakes - did anyone else have this feeling?

Yes. ;)

Would I be able to get Strawberry as either a frosting flavor or a filling in a Buttercream cake?

Only the bakery/Private Dining can tell you whether it's available, but it's a pretty good bet that strawberries in Bavarian cream or strawberry mousse will be among your options.

Would I have to prepay for the cake or is it added to the bill of dinner?

You usually give a credit card over the phone but pay for it with the dinner bill.

She isn't a fondant fan, so I would prefer not to do that for a filling.

Fondant is not a filling, it is the smooth covering you see on fancy cakes. You don't have to order a fondant-covered cake, but if the design you request is best executed in fondant, you can just peel it off and eat the buttercream frosting they always put underneath. :thumbsup2

Here's my cake that my hubby got me for my 32nd birthday this past may. He ordered it from Chef Brian at the Contemporary, and had it delivered to dinner at California Grill.

It was one of the most fresh, moist cakes I have ever eaten. it was chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream both inside and out. It was not even that sweet....man was it good....I belive DH said it was $90.

Little worried...I just called to place my DS 10th Birthday cake, we are staying at BWI and would like it delivered to the room. I called the BB directly and spoke to a CM who stated all cake orders needed to be placed through private dining, she transferred me to them. I wanted a Haunted Mansion theme, 6" or 8" due to it only being 3 of us in our party. The only custom size she said I could order would be a 10". So I went with that knowing it is way too much cake and worrying how it might come out quoting me the $45 for the cake and $30 for HM theme. Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I going to get a screen print :/

I'm sorry you weren't happy with the cake. At least, the decorations were impressive.

That's an awesome cake for the price. What is Buzz standing on? Was it an iced cupcake or a cloud of icing?

Buzz was standing on more cake. Actually, it was a different color cake than the rest which was which. This looked more yellowish in color. I didn't get to taste it but my older son ate that part. There was no filling in it and he said it tasted different from the rest of the cake. He loved the fondant on the large cake but said the fondant on this little part was too hard.

Hi, all! Thought I'd come out of LurkyTown, since I finally booked my first ever Disney trip. Go me, and all that.

I do have a cake question... Are the bakeries allowed to recreate sports team logos on custom cakes? I'm a huge fan of an obscure English football team ('soccer' to you), but I'm guessing that would be all copyright infringe-y.

Anyone able to prove me right or wrong?

Hmmm... well one way I know of to customize Mickey's Delight is to get Donald stamps instead of Mickeys... Also, Ariel has a bunch of sisters, and Lilo has a big sister. There's probably a cute shot of her snuggling Lilo somewhere that you could use. You could also skip the Disney theme and have the cake themed to something else your sister enjoys, or even just her favorite colors. :thumbsup2

If I get an Ariel white chocolate topper, do i send my own pic or do they have a set of pics to pick from?

Cake by Chef Brian at the Contemporary...had it delivered to the Plaza restaurant at MK. He did an amazing job, the picture does not do this cake justice.
10" Marble with a layer of milk chocolate mousse filling and one layer of peanut butter. The peanut butter was insanely good.
$155+ tax & tip

This was the most magical Disney experience we've ever had. The server entered the dining room with the cake and made a big birthday announcement. The entire restaurant sang Happy Birthday to dad! He was in shock but oh so thrilled!

4f4aceae.jpg

My theme was "Disney Memories" so I had him write Four Parks, One Family
on the cake.
It's hard to see clearly but behind the banner is a pair of yellow fondant Mickey shoes sitting on a round platform.

4f4aceae.jpg

on the cake.
It's hard to see clearly but behind the banner is a pair of yellow fondant Mickey shoes sitting on a round platform.

4f4aceae.jpg

WOW that is such an amazing cake!!! What great memories!

on the cake.

4f4aceae.jpg

I just lurk this thread, but had to post that this is the most precious idea for a cake I've ever seen :goodvibes

Little worried...I just called to place my DS 10th Birthday cake, we are staying at BWI and would like it delivered to the room. I called the BB directly and spoke to a CM who stated all cake orders needed to be placed through private dining, she transferred me to them. I wanted a Haunted Mansion theme, 6" or 8" due to it only being 3 of us in our party. The only custom size she said I could order would be a 10". So I went with that knowing it is way too much cake and worrying how it might come out quoting me the $45 for the cake and $30 for HM theme. Any thoughts or suggestions? Am I going to get a screen print :/

I would call back and ask for the pastry chef's email address so you can send her photos of the Haunted Mansion cakes from this thread (or the threads linked to in the first post). That way they'll know exactly what you're going for. I wish the other bakeries would be as amenable as the GF and Contemporary about customizing smaller sizes of cakes. 10 inches is HUGE and expensive. :sad2:

I do have a cake question... Are the bakeries allowed to recreate sports team logos on custom cakes? I'm a huge fan of an obscure English football team ('soccer' to you), but I'm guessing that would be all copyright infringe-y.

I've seen Disney do TONS of sports-themed cakes, including English football teams. Mostly you see them as groom's cakes done by the Grand Floridian Bakery for Disney weddings. It shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup2

If I get an Ariel white chocolate topper, do i send my own pic or do they have a set of pics to pick from?

They seem to have a library of clip art that they use for screen-printed cakes and toppers, but if there's a specific image you want, I'd send it in.

So I just wanted to share the few issues I had with the cake ordering process. I posted on here earlier when I couldn't get ahold of anyone when I called the number. Well I finally got ahold of someone and ordered the cake for my parents anniversary. It was supposed to be delivered at Ohana at dessert time. I confirmed it with the host at the podium and he said the waiter would check to make sure it had been delivered to the resort and then he would present it at dessert time. Well long story short the waiter didn't deliver the cake (didn't even acknowledge my parents anniversary despite the buttons and the note on the reservation). After dinner I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged for the cake and I talked to the restaurant manager and it turns out thye did have the cake and it just wasn't delivered by the waiter. To make up for this the very nice manager gave us the cake for free and paid for the cab ride back to por. He was very nice and the problems weren't really with the cake ordering hotline but rather with that waiter. Here is a pic of the cake.
IMG_0925.jpg

:sad2: Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with delivery, although I'm glad you did end up with the cake eventually. But this makes me feel like less of a nerd for sneaking away to double-check with our server about the surprise cake I ordered. Guess I'd better keep doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter