OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disney do just cupcakes?? I'm not talking the mammoth ones that are in the park but something basic with a cute design on them??

lurkyloo, the form I filled out had fondant, screen print etc on it, so I would think that I would be able to order those as well. I was surprised at how many they had to offer. Great list, if I say so:)As for cupcakes, the 2 times my little niece was given them as a surprise for her birthday they were just normal size cupcakes. Big enough for McKenna to love them..especially for breakfast:)

These cake threads are amazing! We will be spending my dad's birthday at the Magic Kingdom and after reading all of this, I've decided to order a a cake for him.

I have a question if there's anyone out there who might have an idea.... Before I decided on a cake, I planned dad's birthday lunch for The Crystal Palace. Once I knew I wanted a cake, I had to switch it to dinner (mainly because I don't want to have to drag this cake around the park all day). We wouldn't want to schedule dinner any later than 6:30-7pm and since CP only has 8:30pm availability, we are now having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. This is definitely not my first choice. (I considered having dinner at Epcot instead but I really would like the cake to be made at the Contemporary).

Once I order the cake with LTT as the destination, would it be possible to change to CP if something happened to come up? I know it wouldn't work if it only a day or so in advance...but say something opens up at Crystal a 5-7 days before dad's birthday? Would I be able to switch restaurants?

:goodvibes

I'm so glad I found this thread. It's so informative. I plan on ordering the chocolate slipper for my gdd in August at CRT. :cheer2:

I know that Pop Century has cakes delivered by the Boardwalk Bakery but does anybody know anything about Art of Animation? We are going down in October for my DH's birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a custom cake in the room.

I have a question about the six inch cakes. Is the Happy Birthday medallion made out of sugar? It looks exactly like one that we had a few years ago when we celebrated my sons 5th birthday at Epcot and it's exactly what I'm looking to get him again when we go in October.

TIA for your help.

Once I order the cake with LTT as the destination, would it be possible to change to CP if something happened to come up? I know it wouldn't work if it only a day or so in advance...but say something opens up at Crystal a 5-7 days before dad's birthday? Would I be able to switch restaurants?

This shouldn't be a problem because they're both in the MK, but I worry that they'd still screw up and deliver it to the wrong place. I'd wait to order the cake until you know which restaurant you'll be at. If you won't know until just a few days before, be sure to call and check a couple times after you've asked them to change the destination.

I'm going to be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and I was wondering if I could order a cake off the Grand Floridian. I saw a cake that looked amazing in my view, but I'm unsure if the Board Walk Bakery could make it. Are both places really similair ?

You have to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian to get a cake delivered there. The GF won't deliver a cake to Port Orleans French Quarter. If you're willing to make a reservation at the GF in order to get a cake made by them, I say go for it. It's the best way to ensure you get what you saw in the photo.

I know that Pop Century has cakes delivered by the Boardwalk Bakery but does anybody know anything about Art of Animation? We are going down in October for my DH's birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a custom cake in the room.

I'm researching this right now. AoA is not in the Cake Hotline's directory yet, and not all of its phone lines are hooked up, so I'm having to wait for someone to get back to me.

I have a question about the six inch cakes. Is the Happy Birthday medallion made out of sugar?

It's made out of white chocolate. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reply, since you know a lot about different Disney Cakes, I was wondering if the process of Board Walk and Grand Floridian are close at all ? I already got all meals reserved and can't make room.

The process for ordering or the process by which they make the cakes? If it's the latter, all the bakeries on property that make fancy cakes follow the same process. The difference seems to be in the level of detail and artistry that goes into the cakes. The Grand Floridian and Contemporary bakeries seem to have access to more "stuff" (or the ability to make stuff) like, for example, the skulls and bats and snakes and things you see on pirate and Haunted Mansion cakes. But I've seen some very elaborate cakes made by BoardWalk Bakery, so I don't think you have to worry if that's where the cake will be made. It just might not have as much of the stuff on it...

After lurking on this thread for awhile and looking through all the pictures, I decided I had to order a cake for my little brothers high school graduation celebration. The cake was ordered through the Yacht Club, and I ordered a 6" chocolate cake with white buttercream icing. Cakes final cost after tax / delivery was about $66. My little brother likes Star Wars and Vinylmation pins / figures, so I gave them that idea, as well as the images. I assumed they were just going to do an edible image, but they said they could do 2D images with white chocolate. Here is what they came up with...

Star%2520Wars%2520Cake.jpg

My family said the cake was very tasty. Disney also surprised them with a white chocolate Mickey statue, and 4 tuxedo strawberries. :wizard:

Does anyone know what days CakeMan Brian has off? I really want him to design/make a b-day cake for my 2 DS and I am in the process of changing a few of our ADRs around. Thought this would be good info to know before making that final change. Made a call to Contemporary cake line and waiting on a return call but thought I might get a faster answer here.

I want to add the Her Royal Highness package to my daughter's birthday dinner at CRT in December. How much notice do I need to give them? The Cast Member I spoke to today at the Dining Hotline said I should book it now, but I'm afraid it will get lost in the shuffle.

Does anyone know if the Art of Animation has the mini celebration cakes in the food court like at Pop or All Stars???

Thanks in advance!

I emailed Chef Brian anout a cake i wanted for my son's 6th birthday who is shark crazy. This is the reply i got from him.

Unfortunately we cannot accommodate a request for this cake.* I can do a shark 2 d image on white choc standing up on a 6” round cake that will feed up to 6 people the price would be $85. *Please call 407-824-2955 to place your order. Have a magical day!

:(

Any suggestions on a possible alternative to who might be able to do this cake?

http://cakeheadlovesevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/002352-sharks-head-novelty-birthday-cake.jpg

Hhmmm... I guess you might say you want the stretching room portraits screen-printed on white chocolate and inserted into the top of the cake so they stand up. And you could say you want a screen print of the Haunted Mansion wallpaper wrapping around the sides of the cake. You could try asking to send photos of the cake(s) you're using for inspiration, but it's never certain whether she'll let you send any... It can also be good to be sure she knows you know it's going to cost a lot of money so she doesn't try to shut you down right off the bat. :)

Thanks! I am working on what I want to say - I will write it down so as not to get thrown off track.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

25th Wedding Anniversary May 23rd at The California Grill. Surprised husband with a 6inch marble cake with white chocolate mousse filling and vanilla butter cream under fondant. The Mickey heads were solid milk and white chocolate and the silver buttons were chocolate candies
Cost $100

I emailed Brian a picture I drew and he made the cake from that. It was perfect and the cake was moist and tasty!
ry%3D400

The whole evening was perfect we arrived at 7:45 for our 7:50 ADR and were seated immediately. Our waited did not rush us and the cake was delivered after Wishes along with complimentary champagne. We were there for 3 hours and the whole experience was wonderful and relaxing. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

Happy Anniversary! Your cake is amazing and I am so glad you both had a lovely evening celebrating!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter