OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had them price it at a 6 inch cake?
That thought never even crossed my mind!! It's for our last night and I was trying to avoid leftovers....but for the right price I would totally pack a plastic container to take any leftovers home in!! I am going to inquire.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just checked my CC statement and they charged me $78 for this cake. I guess for that price it is ok but my DD was very disappointed there were no hidden mickeys on the cake and the writing was, in my opinion, very sloppy for a professional cake.

who was the chef that made this because im getting a little nervous - I ordered a cake thru CR today for my trip in Jan

who was the chef that made this because im getting a little nervous - I ordered a cake thru CR today for my trip in Jan

I have a cake ordered from CR for next week ... I am a little nervous too, but hoping for the best. Two previous cake orders through Chef Brian were awesome, so I hope this one will be as well. I sent in some photos of elements I hoped could be combined, and Chef Donald indicated by email that they could. I will report back after our trip.

We had my Ils anniversary cake delivered to LTT tonight, and it was a big hit! I will post pictures when I can...the contemporary did a fantastic job!

Hi guys... long time fan of this thread, first time poster :wave2:

My middle DS is going to have a birthday while we are at WDW in April and I'm conflicted about where to order his cake. Help! We are most likely going to have lunch at Garden Grill in Epcot on his birthday, and we are staying at the CR. Should I order a cake to be delivered during lunch, or should I order one and have it delivered to our room? :confused3

What do you guys think?!? WWYD?? TIA!

Hey guys. I feel kinda silly with this post, but being that you are all on the DIS boards, means you're most likely an obsessive over-planner like myself. ;) So maybe I shouldn't feel SO silly. My husband & I are trying to get pregnant. I have a whole plan for how I'm going to surprise him with the news whenever it happens. Well, I realized that that could happen on our next trip to WDW in 2 weeks! :yay: (trying to not get my hopes up!!) If that does happen, I will not be able to do my original plan, so I started to try & figure a WDW plan, JUST IN CASE. We will be traveling with my family. I was thinking (IF IT HAPPENS) surprising my entire family at dinner at Ohana. Ohana is our family tradition & it's early enough in our trip that they wouldn't figure it out by me turning down my favorite rides... Now, this is a huge IF and I know that. I just don't want to be in WDW, find out & have nothing planned for a big way of telling hubby & fam. My questions are... #1. I would find out on Friday (maybe Saturday!) & we'd need the cake Sun night. Think that'd be a problem since its not 48 hours? Do you think they'd be able to use some pixie dust & pull something together for me? #2. Who would you suggest to order from? CR or GF? #3. Is there a way of emailing my cake requests since I'll be with everyone & it may be hard to get away to make the phone call. And I won't feel so silly explaining this in an email vs hearing the response over the phone. #4. Any one have any ideas of a cake style to announce a pregnancy? I'm thinking if they won't/can't work with me that short notice, to maybe order a cake now for my nephew's 1st visit and at the last minute, IF(!!) I get the good news, contact them & change it from "Austin's 1st Visit" to "Baby Wain's 1st Visit". The only thing I don't like about that plan is the style of the cake couldn't be too baby specific, custom, etc. You know? I'll take any suggestions. Thanks! :) **Edited to add: After reading what felt like the entire thread, I went ahead & called GF to order a mini two tear cake & had a really confusing order placed where I wasn't really given any chance to customize or pick flavors, etc. No email back & forth. Nothing like what I read on here about. I was offered the Mickey Head cake & I said no that I wanted the mini two tear. I was asked chocolate or vanilla (still don't know if that was the cake or the frosting or both) so I said chocolate & then she told me the price & asked what I wanted written on the plate. Then she was asking for my cc. She was short & very matter of fact. It was so rushed so after I gave her my CC I asked if I could have Mickey ears on the top & she said yes, but for an extra $15. I told her that's fine. So she gave me the total & rechecked our info with me & was about to hang up so I interrupted her AGAIN to ask "how was the cake going to be decorated?" "Will it just look like?" "Can I pick the colors?" And she responded, "It's a 3 inch cake, it can't be decorated. It'll look like a chocolate cake." :confused3 Honestly, she answered as if I was an idiot. She was real short with me through the whole thing & I gotta say, I'm really bummed. :( Before I could even get my thoughts together to ask about cancelations, changes or to even tell my intentions with the cake IF all goes well, she was already hanging up! Not to mention she put me on hold for 10 minutes after first answering the phone. I wasn't expecting to order a cake in 2 minutes without even being given an idea of what it will look like. I'm so disappointed! So I just paid $60+ for a cake that I don't even have a clue of what it looks like or the flavors. :crazy2: What a disaster! :sad::sad::sad:

And that's how my order went with pat. Thank god the cal grill reopened and I was able to switch over to cr for my cake. I was not pleased with gf at all! No choices. Very short. No communication. What it is is what it is kinda attitude. She used Disney legal a lot as excuses. Wouldn't even send me a pic or two of older cakes that I said I would even pick one of those. She said they are all diff. I said I don't care if that made it easier for them. I just think for 200 buffet they should help u out a bit. When I order my kids birthday cakes at home I'm given choices and get to see pics if I want.

Good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My middle DS is going to have a birthday while we are at WDW in April and I'm conflicted about where to order his cake. Help! We are most likely going to have lunch at Garden Grill in Epcot on his birthday, and we are staying at the CR. Should I order a cake to be delivered during lunch, or should I order one and have it delivered to our room? :confused3

I would do room. That way you don't have to carry around left over cake with you.

We always have it delivered to our room & keep leftovers in the fridge. We didn't have to be in our room at GF when it was delivered & they set it up nice. It was a surprise for my daughter, she loved coming back from the park to find a cake in our room :)

Carrie,

By any chance do you know how big those cakes are, like the cheeseburger one? I wanted a cake shaped like a pirate chest for a grooms cake but I'm thinking it might be too big there's only going to be 10-15 of us! It's for our welcome dinner before our wedding cruise. I have been in contact with Pat at GF via email and came up with a unique pirate themed cake! I'm just curious if I would be able to get a cake like a treasure chest.

Thanks
Jodi

They're all custom orders, so you can ask for it at any size they'll make it (they might tell you it has to be at least X inches based on the real estate needed for decorations or the pan size or something...). I feel like I've seen a photo of a treasure chest cake made by the GF at one of the bridal showcases. Let us know what you find out!

Where can we get the slipper dessert delivered to in MK ? is it only CRT ?

It should be available at any table-service restaurant—definitely call and ask. :thumbsup2

I have a cake ordered from CR for next week ... I am a little nervous too, but hoping for the best. Two previous cake orders through Chef Brian were awesome, so I hope this one will be as well. I sent in some photos of elements I hoped could be combined, and Chef Donald indicated by email that they could. I will report back after our trip.

Def keep us posted :))) have fun and I hope it comes out perfect!

Does anyone at CR ever answer the phone? I have called several other days and 3 times today & just get the answering machine. They have called back but it's when I'm at work & can't answer. I am getting frustrated, our vacation is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I have communicated with them through email for quotes, I think they have to have a verbal confirmation of the order though :crazy2:

Does anyone at CR ever answer the phone? I have called several other days and 3 times today & just get the answering machine. They have called back but it's when I'm at work & can't answer. I am getting frustrated, our vacation is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I have communicated with them through email for quotes, I think they have to have a verbal confirmation of the order though :crazy2:
Maybe just leave another message saying you want to place your order and when they can call back. Like 5-8 or something? Might work better that way.

Maybe just leave another message saying you want to place your order and when they can call back. Like 5-8 or something? Might work better that way.

I will try this, the answering machine states their hours are 11:00 am - 4:00 pm so I thought they wouldn't be available later.

We are having lunch at the Wave 10/31 and I wondered about ordering a mini cake that is Haunted Mansion themed or possibly a Halloween theme. Anyone know if there is a chance I could get something like that? :confused3

I will try this, the answering machine states their hours are 11:00 am - 4:00 pm so I thought they wouldn't be available later.

I would call and leave a message with a time range when they can call back, it can't hurt. I left mine on a Friday thinking I wouldn't get a call back until Monday, but they called midmorning on Saturday.

We are having lunch at the Wave 10/31 and I wondered about ordering a mini cake that is Haunted Mansion themed or possibly a Halloween theme. Anyone know if there is a chance I could get something like that? :confused3

It's worth calling to ask. CR used to be somewhat famous for their HM cakes and my cake next week is supposed to be fall/disney halloween themed. These aren't mini though.

We got a Halloween themed mini 2 tier cake at Crystal Palace last year. The CR did an outstanding job.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter