• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to get in touch with Pat since last week Thursday with no response back.

While this thread is AMAZING and VERY informative:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 it also means an abundance of cake orders for the staff.

So many people are ordering special cakes now that it is almost impossible for the staff to keep up with the demand.

I have ordered several cakes in the past ten years and have found it to much more difficult now than ever before. I think that the only thing you can do sometimes is have patience and pray!;):grouphug:

With all the complaints about ordering a cake at GF, I decided to skip it. I had called the cake hot line about 2 weeks ago & ordered a 2 tier mini cake at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I was a little worried since they don't give you a confirmation number & I forgot to ask for an email confirmation too. Cake is ordered for Tuesday. To my surprise I got a phone call this morning confirming all the details! It will be a surprise for my DH, I can't wait to see his reaction! :goodvibes

Well at 7:00 p.m. last night, Pat finally called me back. It kind of mad me mad:furious: cause she started off the phone call like she never talked to me before about the cake(even though I left a very detail message about our emails back and forth). So I sat on hold for about 8 minutes while she tried to look up everything we talked about.

I know that they are VERY busy, but I thought that when she called she would have been more prepared.

Anyway, We have it all ordered and I really hope it come out the way that I hope it will. Here are the details and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

6inch Almond cake with Custard and Fresh Strawberry filling
It will be frosted in light yellow Buttercream
The decorations will be a party theme with a image of a party Mickey. There will be fondant streamers all around it and it will say "Happy Birthday Daddy"
I am having it delivered on 9/24 to our room at the Poly.
Cost was $66 dollars plus tax and room service charge. When I see the final total I will post that also.

Thanks to everyone on this site for great ideas. I really hope it turns out like all the other wonderful cakes on here. Either way I know my DH will be very surprised when he walks into the room that night and sees it there :goodvibes

we got a mini wedding cake for my kids disneymoon-- so disappointed because it was so small. I mean, two bites and it was gone.

It's all I need I
Don't want any left over. Plus we're on the dining plan so we get dessert anyway. It's the thought that counts :)

Well at 7:00 p.m. last night, Pat finally called me back. It kind of mad me mad:furious: cause she started off the phone call like she never talked to me before about the cake(even though I left a very detail message about our emails back and forth). So I sat on hold for about 8 minutes while she tried to look up everything we talked about.

I know that they are VERY busy, but I thought that when she called she would have been more prepared.

Anyway, We have it all ordered and I really hope it come out the way that I hope it will. Here are the details and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

6inch Almond cake with Custard and Fresh Strawberry filling
It will be frosted in light yellow Buttercream
The decorations will be a party theme with a image of a party Mickey. There will be fondant streamers all around it and it will say "Happy Birthday Daddy"
I am having it delivered on 9/24 to our room at the Poly.
Cost was $66 dollars plus tax and room service charge. When I see the final total I will post that also.

Thanks to everyone on this site for great ideas. I really hope it turns out like all the other wonderful cakes on here. Either way I know my DH will be very surprised when he walks into the room that night and sees it there :goodvibes

What a shame. Brittany at beach club is excellent

New to posting on the boards however have been reading them for years and have ordered several cakes. My most recent cake is ordered for Sept 27. I too ordered from Pat and had no difficulties. She is off on Mondays as the answering machine states and returned my call this past Tuesday night at 9 pm. They are very busy however she was attentive to what I asked for and offered different ideas. Can't wait to see our cake and am very happy with the service I received!

Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff!

New to posting on the boards however have been reading them for years and have ordered several cakes. My most recent cake is ordered for Sept 27. I too ordered from Pat and had no difficulties. She is off on Mondays as the answering machine states and returned my call this past Tuesday night at 9 pm. They are very busy however she was attentive to what I asked for and offered different ideas. Can't wait to see our cake and am very happy with the service I received!

Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff!

I am glad that Pat was good to work with for you, but I don't think this is small stuff when you pay that kind of price for a cake. I just want to make sure that I get the cake just the way I ordered it. I don't think that is to much to ask. I did know she was off on Monday, but I then should have received a call Tuesday or at least an email.

So excited - just finalized my cake plans with YC/BC Private Dining.

For my 30th birthday cake I am getting an 8" chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. It will then be covered with blue fondant. The cake will be themed around The Gran Fiesta boat ride at Epcot with hand piped fireworks and balloons (like in the grand finale of the ride). It will be topped with a white chocolate fully hand-painted Donald. Quoted price is $230 (we are having it delivered to our room). Almost half of the price is from the painting of Donald, but I couldn't resist for a birthday milestone!

For our 6th wedding anniversary cake we are getting an 8" white cake with vanilla buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. It will be covered in red fondant. On the sides, white hearts of various sizes will be piped on. On the top we will have a Mickey and Minnie white chocolate topper with gold accents surrounded by red and white roses (our wedding flowers). This cake was quoted at $95 and we are also having it delivered to the room.

I plan to share photos when we get back!

Just returned from our trip today. Both of the cakes I outlined above turned out beautifully and I will post photos in the next few days. Just wanted to note that while GF and CR seem to get a lot of the attention hereon the thread (for good reason i am sure!), i wanted to give some love and a shout out to YC/BC. They were extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They called me back when they said they would, took detailed instructions from me, made suggestions as to what would look best on the cake and delivered on what they promised. The Donald cake was three layers and extremely rich, so rich that it was hard to eat more than a very small slice at one sitting. The anniversary cake was a two layer and of the two we much preferred the taste of the white cake - super super yummy!

Also, because we drove and had room for a cooler, I was able to bring the white chocolate toppers home with me!

This time next week I will be enjoying my vanilla cake with custard filling from CR in our room at Wilderness lodge. I gave them all free decorating range and said I just want wilderness lodge themed cake with hidden mickeys. Can any of you think of anything I should be sure they add to make it over the top? It will have a banner that says "thank you daddy" on the cake.

Looking at the first page of this thread, it says Pop Century has 6-inch standard vanilla cakes for $21 - does anyone know if that's something that needs to be specially ordered? I could swear I read somewhere that basic cakes were on sale without pre-order at the food court, but maybe I'm wrong.

Just returned from our trip today. Both of the cakes I outlined above turned out beautifully and I will post photos in the next few days. Just wanted to note that while GF and CR seem to get a lot of the attention hereon the thread (for good reason i am sure!), i wanted to give some love and a shout out to YC/BC. They were extremely easy and pleasant to work with. They called me back when they said they would, took detailed instructions from me, made suggestions as to what would look best on the cake and delivered on what they promised. The Donald cake was three layers and extremely rich, so rich that it was hard to eat more than a very small slice at one sitting. The anniversary cake was a two layer and of the two we much preferred the taste of the white cake - super super yummy!

Also, because we drove and had room for a cooler, I was able to bring the white chocolate toppers home with me!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad to hear it's so easy to work with the Yacht & Beach Club.

Looking at the first page of this thread, it says Pop Century has 6-inch standard vanilla cakes for $21 - does anyone know if that's something that needs to be specially ordered? I could swear I read somewhere that basic cakes were on sale without pre-order at the food court, but maybe I'm wrong.

I checked again last time I was at Pop (last year sometime) and they still had 6-inch celebration cakes in the cases at the food court. That info in the first post is if you want to call and order a cake to be delivered to your room. You can do nominal customization that way (they write on the cake board).

This may have been asked before.. I apologize if it has....

Can I order a custom cake and have it delivered to the cabins?

To confirm that I understand everything correctly...
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Cake: Basic 6" (feeds 5-7, we will have 5), white cake w/ white buttercream
Cost: $21
Phone# to place order: 407-824-2955

Only detail I'm drawing a blank on (haven't called in just yet- want to make sure I have all details prepared to make only 1 phone call): do I get to make any decoration requests? (i.e. 'Happy Birthday Jamie'?)

Also, how far in advance is too far in advance for a basic cake? We are a bit more than 90 days, is that too much (yes, I completely realize ADR's are 180 days, but it's a basic cake so I don't want the order to get lost in the shuffle over the next 90-some days)?

Thanks to all!!

Excited, just ordered our birthday cakes for Nov 1st! The gentleman I spoke with was super nice and I look forward to seeing them. I got two mini cakes, both vanilla with vanilla buttercream. My daughter's will be princess themed, my son's pirates. I decided on doing it at our dinner at Captain's Grill since we're staying at Yacht Club (incase of leftovers/messy toddlers). Their bday is the 2nd but we don't have a sit down dinner scheduled for then, just breakfast at H&V, and I figured they don't need cake first thing in the morning on their actual birthday :)

This may have been asked before.. I apologize if it has....

Can I order a custom cake and have it delivered to the cabins?

Yes, just look up the number for Fort Wilderness in Post #2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

i thought you can only make cake orders 2-3 weeks ahead of time or that very reason

Disney will take cake orders at any time. I just recommend 2-3 weeks so that your order won't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure that if you ordered earlier than that and were certain to reconfirm the order a few weeks before you arrive, you'd be fine.

To confirm that I understand everything correctly...
Date: Thursday, January 2, 2014
Cake: Basic 6" (feeds 5-7, we will have 5), white cake w/ white buttercream
Cost: $21
Phone# to place order: 407-824-2955

Only detail I'm drawing a blank on (haven't called in just yet- want to make sure I have all details prepared to make only 1 phone call): do I get to make any decoration requests? (i.e. 'Happy Birthday Jamie'?)

If all you want is a basic all-vanilla 6-inch cake, you don't have to order that in advance. You can ask for it at the podium when you check in and request that they write your message on the plate (they can't fit it on the cake).

The only reason to place your order ahead would be if you wanted specific decorations or a fancy cake with fondant over the buttercream. In which case, I think 3 weeks out would be sufficient.

I am turning 40 (gasp) at Disney World and I am thinking to order myself a cake? Sounds pathetic but I am going with my husband and our best friend and both of these guys would never think about it...though they will shower me with gifts and are taking me to DW but I think a cake is in order too! So, we are staying at Boardwalk and I am thinking to have a cake delivered to the room the first day and we can eat on it for the week. Or should I deliver it to one of our dinners instead of the room? So many decisions! Also, for these smaller cakes are their still options for custom (Princess cakes, etc?)

Just called the Epcot number to order our cake for the garden grill. I spoke with a very nice lady about an 8"chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I asked for a jack sparrow screen print but she said that she could not do this due to copyright? I then asked her if she could print his picture onto to a white chocolate stand up (as I had seen this before) she said she would check on this for me and get back to me. She said this would be $62. Just waiting for her e-mail back.

I just spoke to Teresa at Epcot about a cake for a Norway princess lunch. The smallest customizable cake is 8" for $47, and includes an edible circle of five princesses or "another character." Flavor choices are vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream or chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream. Still trying decide if I want this or a podium cake.

Sent from me.

I am turning 40 (gasp) at Disney World and I am thinking to order myself a cake? Sounds pathetic but I am going with my husband and our best friend and both of these guys would never think about it...though they will shower me with gifts and are taking me to DW but I think a cake is in order too! So, we are staying at Boardwalk and I am thinking to have a cake delivered to the room the first day and we can eat on it for the week. Or should I deliver it to one of our dinners instead of the room? So many decisions! Also, for these smaller cakes are their still options for custom (Princess cakes, etc?)

Not pathetic at all! I turned 30 last month and ordered my own cake for our trip in early September! The cake was important to me and I had fun obsessing over the design, deciding exactly what I wanted. then we both got to enjoy eating it! Why not celebrate yourself?

We had our cake made at BC/YC and delivered to our room, I would suggest it if you want to save the leftovers, much easier to just stash them in the room without having to carry leftovers back from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter