OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the cake I ordered for my dads birthday. It was delivered to our resort room from Boardwalk Bakery. It was $62 plus tax. It was an 8 inch 3 layer marble cake with buttercream icing. Mikes face was made with fondant. The cake was delicious! It looked identical to my sample picture. 5 of us had large pieces and we still had 1/2 the cake left! The only thing that wasn't perfect was they were supposed to deliver plates, napkins, utensils, and candles and nothing cake with the cake. Luckily I planned for that and brought everything with us.

37088B32-6F41-4A5F-9A91-A433E7C67CE6-4582-000001D23158E305_zps79fee07b.jpg

DD and I agreed that this is a totally awesome cake. ::yes::

Here is the cake I ordered for my dads birthday. It was delivered to our resort room from Boardwalk Bakery. It was $62 plus tax. It was an 8 inch 3 layer marble cake with buttercream icing. Mikes face was made with fondant. The cake was delicious! It looked identical to my sample picture. 5 of us had large pieces and we still had 1/2 the cake left! The only thing that wasn't perfect was they were supposed to deliver plates, napkins, utensils, and candles and nothing cake with the cake. Luckily I planned for that and brought everything with us.

Seriously I LOVE this cake! I may "steal" the idea for a cake for our trip in January. We love monsters!!

Hi Michelle,

I love this cake so cute! I hope you had a great weekend! How many people did you have for an 8 in cake? Thanks

Jodi

Hi Michelle,

I love this cake so cute! I hope you had a great weekend! How many people did you have for an 8 in cake? Thanks

Jodi

Hey Jodi!!!

Thanks :). We did! It was quick but fun! We had 5 people but only ate 1/2 of it. It was a lot of cake. We brought it home in containers in coolers with ice.

How are you? Hope your planning is going good!!!
Michelle

Forgive me if this has been asked already. I have just found a ressie for CRT for our daughter's birthday on Sept 27 for breakfast. Would she be able to get a chocolate slipper at that time of day and how would I order one? Thank you :)

You can get a cake or chocolate slipper at any time of day. To order, use the phone number or email address listed for the Magic Kingdom in Post 2 of this thread. :thumbsup2

Just to clarify before I make the phone call. I can order a mini cake for my dd for our dinner at Coral Reef right? I just call the number in post 2 next to Epcot? Just tell them the cake flavor and filling and color right? Is it really that easy?

Also, will the price of the cake be added to our bill for the dinner? And of so will our TIW discount be taken off the cake?

Just to clarify before I make the phone call. I can order a mini cake for my dd for our dinner at Coral Reef right? I just call the number in post 2 next to Epcot? Just tell them the cake flavor and filling and color right? Is it really that easy?

In theory, yes. They may tell you you can't get certain fillings or flavors, but otherwise, Epcot seems to be pretty accommodating with mini cakes these days.

Also, will the price of the cake be added to our bill for the dinner? And of so will our TIW discount be taken off the cake?

Yes to both, but remember that if you use TIW, they will add an auto gratuity of 18% to the entire bill, including the cost of the cake. Not such a big deal for a mini cake, but for a $100 cake, you're paying $18 in tip to have them set it on your table and slice it.

Our issue of too many meals in too short a time period has been resolved lol. We HAD Crystal Palace at 8:05, a FP+ for Be Our Guest at 2:00, and the Plaza at 3:05 to get our cake. :crazy2:

I was just able to get a Tony's dinner ADR for 6:50. So now we have Crystal Palace at 8:05, FP+ for Be Our Guest at 2:00, and Tony's at 6:50. That's nearly perfect timing for our vacation eating style (meals about five hours apart, six hours apart for buffets). What a relief! :woohoo:

Now I just have to wait until next Friday to see what they come up with for our cake! :upsidedow

has anyone ever been able to order a cake at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe? we'll be there on my mom's bday (she's going with us), and she would LOVE a special cake to help her celebrate.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on a new assignment within the Contemporary Bakery. The cake team has just as much talent though and I will still be there to assist them if needed but your in good hands. Thanks for giving me all your fun and unique ideas to work on the last 5 years!

Congratulations on your new position. I wish you the best of luck. You have been a part of most if not all of our cakes over the last few years.

I have been emailing with chef Donald at CR for a cake for us next week at wilderness lodge and last night I got an email from Carol at wilderness lodge bakery saying that Donald had forwarded my emails to her and please call the wilderness lodge cake line to order my specialty cake for our stay. I didn't know they did fancy fondant cakes at wilderness but I guess now they do. I am now nervous as we don't have any reviews of cakes made at wilderness.

I have been emailing with chef Donald at CR for a cake for us next week at wilderness lodge and last night I got an email from Carol at wilderness lodge bakery saying that Donald had forwarded my emails to her and please call the wilderness lodge cake line to order my specialty cake for our stay. I didn't know they did fancy fondant cakes at wilderness but I guess now they do. I am now nervous as we don't have any reviews of cakes made at wilderness.

Would you share the cake # at Wilderness Lodge? We are staying there next month & I want to order 2 cakes. I didn't realize they did them either!

It says Wilderness lodge and villas cake line, 407-824-2090. I hope it is ok to post that, mods if it is not please remove my post.

It says Wilderness lodge and villas cake line, 407-824-2090. I hope it is ok to post that, mods if it is not please remove my post.

Thanks! It should be ok to post, they have the other numbers at the beginning of the thread. I think we can't post email addresses though.

In theory, yes. They may tell you you can't get certain fillings or flavors, but otherwise, Epcot seems to be pretty accommodating with mini cakes these days.

Yes to both, but remember that if you use TIW, they will add an auto gratuity of 18% to the entire bill, including the cost of the cake. Not such a big deal for a mini cake, but for a $100 cake, you're paying $18 in tip to have them set it on your table and slice it.

Great thanks!

We've brought leftover cake (buttercream-only) home in Tupperware before. It didn't look pretty, but it tasted fine!

DSC05459.jpg

Hmm. I guess I need to make a decision here then. Do I try for an ADR, have the cake and bring home the leftovers, however messy. Or do I order a cake to pick up at the end of my trip and do my best to attempt to bring it home as close to one piece as possible. I could buy a tupperware cake holder with the handle to help. Decisions, decisions.

I would never even attempt it if the whole family was with me but since it's just me and my 5 year old and we won't have much luggage it doesn't seem as crazy an idea.

And of course then the biggest decision is what design do we do?! There is no birthday or anything and we are going 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so no real holiday that week either. I prefer not to do fondant too but would consider it if it would a) travel better and b) give me better options for designs.

DS is a huge pirate fan, but really he loves almost everything Disney.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am now on a new assignment within the Contemporary Bakery. The cake team has just as much talent though and I will still be there to assist them if needed but your in good hands. Thanks for giving me all your fun and unique ideas to work on the last 5 years!

Hey Brian!

I heard about your move a few weeks ago when I asked about you and the cake I was ordering. They gave me over to Donald (who has taken great care of us).

Best of luck over at the new location!

You kick out some awesome awesome cakes! We still show people picture's of kate's first birthday cake you did for us at CRT!

jimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter