Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said that the only filling choices are the 4 basic ones. They can only do a flat edible image, not a 3D figure out of modeling chocolate, etc.

I don't want a cake with a flat picture disc stuck on the top, and I do not want fruit mousse between the layers. Square peg in a round hole. I explained what I wanted, she said no, that was that.

I could order a cake topper from a vendor and then attempt to get it to them to put on the cake, but I am just not up for the challenge. The amount of effort this would require vs. the amount DS would appreciate it just isn't working for me. DS doesn't even LIKE cake, but we are celebrating some special things for him. I think I may go back to the plan of having a gift basket in the room for him.
Ask for the email!

Is there any way that I can get the mini wedding/mini castle cake delivered to the Crystal Palace?

The answer is "Probably Not" according to general experience on the DIS. In fact someone was recently told on this thread (by another poster, not an official source) that they could get a cake delivered to Crystal Palace. That poster called Disney and was told "no".

The best thing to do, when you want an exception made to the policy, is to just call Disney yourself and see if they are willing to make one for you. :goodvibes

The answer is "Probably Not" according to general experience on the DIS. In fact someone was recently told on this thread (by another poster, not an official source) that they could get a cake delivered to Crystal Palace. That poster called Disney and was told "no".

The best thing to do, when you want an exception made to the policy, is to just call Disney yourself and see if they are willing to make one for you. :goodvibes

That was what I was going to say but to add to it, perhaps you could pick it up and have them serve it for you, if it must be the CP. Not a great thought but a thought non the less ;)

That was what I was going to say but to add to it, perhaps you could pick it up and have them serve it for you, if it must be the CP. Not a great thought but a thought non the less ;)

That's a great suggestion!

OP - You would contact the Boardwalk Bakery to arrange a cake to be picked up.

You can't pick one up at the Contemporary?

No, you cannot. Boardwalk Bakery is the only actual bakery on property with a door and a counter and a register where you can order and pick up a cake. You cannot order a cake from a resort bakery and pick it up.

So, does anyone know if you can get the little white chocolate castle at the CR on cakes? I asked this a while ago, but I don't think I got an answer. If I did I forgot!:confused3 Thanks!

Oh, I was also wondering if we could use our cake topper from our wedding cake when we were married their? It's a porcelain Mickey and Minnie. I thought if I measured the base they could leave a spot for it and I could take it w/ us and ask to have them place it on the cake before they bring it out.

Just checking out my options! Thanks!

So, does anyone know if you can get the little white chocolate castle at the CR on cakes? I asked this a while ago, but I don't think I got an answer. If I did I forgot!:confused3 Thanks!

Oh, I was also wondering if we could use our cake topper from our wedding cake when we were married their? It's a porcelain Mickey and Minnie. I thought if I measured the base they could leave a spot for it and I could take it w/ us and ask to have them place it on the cake before they bring it out.

Just checking out my options! Thanks!
Yes!

hi guys, pouring through th eold thread and cannot come accross the number to order a cake from the cr. ds wants a specialty cake not a "normal" one. does anyone have the private dining number? im sorry i know its been asked ten million times! lmao. thanks in advance for making a almost 3 yr old very happy!

pls disregard last post...but now i have a rant!

called my ta to get number she was told to call cake hotline. so i caled and got a person for cm's! wow i was amazed...and she was rude!!

so i asked for a cake gave her all our dining info and she had a no idea who lightening mac was! then shes liek yes we can do an edible image- me um no i have a pic of what i want i can fax or email to you- no we dont have access to either. she tried pushing it again i said no i want a fondant covered spec cake...um whats that???? what?!?!?!?! i said i want a fondant covered cake for his third bday with a lightening macqueen figure or something on top....oh no we cant make a white chocolate figurine of him....im so sad....guys any advice? ds wants this cake and i dont know what to do...i certainly dont want to call her back, but i mean ive seen the cakes you've all gotten at the contemp. do they not all come from the same bakery in there? help!

I am getting so confused. My DD will be celebrating her 14th bday when we are there and we will be eating at Ohana the night of her bday. I called the Poly and they told me to call the GF but I read here the GF won't take orders for the Poly. Can someone clarify for me what the heck I am supposed to do to order a cake (around $60)
Thanks bunches

I would call the GF and see if they can deliver to the Poly. Perhaps they make an exception for the Poly, since it's the only monorail resort without a private bakery?
(I'm at a disadvantage, as that line of the FAQ is from someone else, and not my own personal experience)

Please let us know if there is an exception, I would like to note it on the FAQ if there is. :goodvibes

i've been rescued! i called back and had the same cm answer and had no idea what i was talking about. then she remembered me, and i asked to speak to a pastry chef or a number to leave a message. she passed along an email to get my order. sent it off last nite and got my email from brian this am. beyond excited rite now!!!! i'm sure to have a happy three year old at chef mickeys!

As promised, I have returned and have pictures of my cake I ordered for my DD's Birthday! I kept the cake a surprise from DH as well! Everyone was shocked, even myself on how wonderful it came out!

I talked to pat 10 days prior to arrival, I orginally ordered a girly type cake, and then called back and talked to christine who priced out a new cake for me. I asked for a 8 inch with Red Fondant with white polka dots with a big white bow and a white chocolate Minnie and fondant balls lining the base of it. It was Chocolate with Chocolate buttercream filling.. It was Delicious!!

Here's the Result....

My DD absolutely Looooved it! and i couldn't have been happier with the result! The Grand Floridian Bakery did an amazing job.

Price was $77.00 plus tax n gratuity

We just returned from our trip last week. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare the first night and I ordered a cake for my DD.

Cake: 8 inch vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing
Cost: $65 plus take

IMG_6772.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

The cake was so delicious and moist. :lovestruc We ate it all week long. We were definitely happy with the end result.

This is my cake from last night!

Cake: 8 inch vanilla cake with buttercream filling and frosting, purple fondant with sugar effect, sugar flowers, hand painted white chocolate tinkerbell and white chocolate sign with "Happy 25th Birthday Megan"
Cost: $100

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Close up of sugar flowers after cake was cut

ry%3D400

Close up of hand painted Tinkerbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter