Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even though I got a bad cake last time (got our money reimbursed it was so nasty) I'm thinking about trying again. This time for our anniversary I was thinking of one of those mini two tiered cake. If we don't like it at least it doesn't cost much!?!

Any of the GF restaurants along with Cinderella's Royal Table offer the slipper dessert. :goodvibes

thanks! thats what i thought, but wasnt sure. were getting a cake for ds's bday at cm's...so we were hoping to get her a little something too...but i guess it wont be happening there! thanks again.

Can you order different flavors and fillings? Like I was thinking cheesecake or chocolare with rasperberry filling. I wanted to suprise DH with it at our anniversary dinner at Narcosee in Sept. Anyone know around what it would cost? Do you pre pay or add it to the bill?

In June 2008 my DH ordered me a mini castle cake to be delivered to our room at the GF. He ordered cheesecake (which was delicious), with no filling. I believe the cost of the cake was $25 with tax and tip came to $35. Note that the cake is SMALL. Four bites it's gone. I think he phoned the GF about a week before our trip to place the order and paid when it was delivered. He signed it to our room.

WDWjune08001.jpg

Wow thanks for the tip disneygirl I believe I will go for the mini wedding cake then after all it is our second anniversary!

Thanks everybody for the idea's on the cake for my son and daughters together cake. STITCH826 Thanks for the picture. That is just what i was looking for.

As a result of the Grumpy cake a few pages back, I emailed the Contemporary to confirm the details of my upcoming cake order.

I was quoted $100 for the following:

- 8 inch
- vanilla cake with buttercream filling and icing
- light purple fondant with a sparkly sugar effect (sent a picture of a previous cake made at the CR)
- sugar flowers in pale shades of purple, blue, pink, yellow etc..requested roses, lilies and gerbera daisies (picture of another cake done at the CR provided)
- hand painted white chocolate Tinkerbell figurine (picture from another cake provided)
- a banner that reads "Happy 25th Birthday Megan"

cakemanbri confirmed all of the above. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result on March 28th! :goodvibes

Thanks everybody for the idea's on the cake for my son and daughters together cake. STITCH826 Thanks for the picture. That is just what i was looking for.

You are welcome!!:goodvibes I finally figured out how to use the photobucket in order to post the picture, actually I watched the video posted on these threads!! Good luck and enjoy:banana:!!

Coming in May and want to order a cake for Chef Mickey's on the night we arrive. When would I need to call and order for a specialty cake? Also, when I call do I request for the chef's e-mail so I can speak to them directly so my order would not get confused/messed up with the castmember taking my order?

I have a few questions and hoping you cake experts can help me out. I have been looking at pictures but haven't seen any answers to this.

We are going to WDW for DH's 40th birthday. His birthday is the last day of our trip and I'd actually like to surprise him with a cake on the FIRST day of our trip so that we can enjoy it all week.

We are staying at BLT, our first night dinner will likely Ohana. Is it possible to get a "Brian from CR" cake delivered to our room at BLT? Is it possible to get it delivered to the Top of the World Lounge? Is it possible to get one at Ohana?

Also he is a monorail nut but I am not terribly impressed by the cakes with the white chocolate monorail plopped on top (even painted). Should I just give up the idea of a monorail and go with something else? I saw a great figment cake in the figment gallery and figment is a favorite of his.

I want to make this trip the most special ever for him so I will probably end up annoying the heck out of the cake people :rotfl: I figure if I am going to spend $100+ for a fabu cake we should be able to eat it all week. I am trying to think of something special to do every day of this trip, starting with a cake the first night and maybe a fireworks cruise the last night!

I have a few questions and hoping you cake experts can help me out. I have been looking at pictures but haven't seen any answers to this.

We are going to WDW for DH's 40th birthday. His birthday is the last day of our trip and I'd actually like to surprise him with a cake on the FIRST day of our trip so that we can enjoy it all week.

We are staying at BLT, our first night dinner will likely Ohana. Is it possible to get a "Brian from CR" cake delivered to our room at BLT? Is it possible to get it delivered to the Top of the World Lounge? Is it possible to get one at Ohana?

Also he is a monorail nut but I am not terribly impressed by the cakes with the white chocolate monorail plopped on top (even painted). Should I just give up the idea of a monorail and go with something else? I saw a great figment cake in the figment gallery and figment is a favorite of his.

I want to make this trip the most special ever for him so I will probably end up annoying the heck out of the cake people :rotfl: I figure if I am going to spend $100+ for a fabu cake we should be able to eat it all week. I am trying to think of something special to do every day of this trip, starting with a cake the first night and maybe a fireworks cruise the last night!
Yes you can get your cake delivered to your room at BLT. The bakery does cakes for the main tower and BLT!

Coming in May and want to order a cake for Chef Mickey's on the night we arrive. When would I need to call and order for a specialty cake? Also, when I call do I request for the chef's e-mail so I can speak to them directly so my order would not get confused/messed up with the castmember taking my order?
You should call at least a week in advance but you could place your order now if you wanted.

How many times do I need to call 1900 park fare to order a custon cake for DD 3rd Birthday ??? I have left several messages. ANy suggestions on how I can possibly order this cake ???

If you're calling the restaurant, you can't order a custom cake via the restaurant itself. Tricia has a link above to the cake thread, which will let you know who to call to place that order.

I have the name of the concultant and her direct number....FINALLY !! she called me back....and I missed the call:sad2:

So I will try again...tomorrow

Thanks for the response Cakemanbri, what would you recommend doing, ordering a specialty cake now for May or ordering the week in advance? (if anyone wants to help with this response too need as much help/advice as possible please)

I suspected this would happen. :rolleyes:

I called the hotline, spoke with someone at the Contemporary about my very specific requests, and was told they can't do that. :headache: No, of course they can't. So as of now I don't think we're ordering a cake because I will not be talked into something that isn't what I requested.
CUSTOM cakes should be just that - custom. You would think they would try to be at least marginally accommodating before they say no.

I have a couple of other ideas. I will pursue those avenues before I give up entirely, but seriously? It shouldn't be this hard.

I suspected this would happen. :rolleyes:

I called the hotline, spoke with someone at the Contemporary about my very specific requests, and was told they can't do that. :headache: No, of course they can't. So as of now I don't think we're ordering a cake because I will not be talked into something that isn't what I requested.
CUSTOM cakes should be just that - custom. You would think they would try to be at least marginally accommodating before they say no.

I have a couple of other ideas. I will pursue those avenues before I give up entirely, but seriously? It shouldn't be this hard.

Just WHAT is going on? :confused3
I'm getting ready to order our anniversary cake from the CR bakery, too, for the first week of May.

Something like this, without the topper.
c3.jpg

They said that the only filling choices are the 4 basic ones. They can only do a flat edible image, not a 3D figure out of modeling chocolate, etc.

I don't want a cake with a flat picture disc stuck on the top, and I do not want fruit mousse between the layers. Square peg in a round hole. I explained what I wanted, she said no, that was that.

I could order a cake topper from a vendor and then attempt to get it to them to put on the cake, but I am just not up for the challenge. The amount of effort this would require vs. the amount DS would appreciate it just isn't working for me. DS doesn't even LIKE cake, but we are celebrating some special things for him. I think I may go back to the plan of having a gift basket in the room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter