Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
clarabelle2.jpg

I ordered a Clarabelle cake for my DM's birthday. This the the cake that arrived from the GF bakery! The flowers and sugar work was lovely and the icing was smooth and creamy.
Clarabelle3.jpg

The cake itself was vanilla with vanilla cream, strawberry preserve and fresh strawberries. It was moist and delicious. The cake had been placed, as arranged, in our room while we were downstairs enjoying a pool morning. It arrived with plates, cutlery and napkins. I couldn't have been more pleased and Mom enjoyed it ... and Clarabelle - her favourite character from the time she was three!

View attachment 104929

I ordered a Clarabelle cake for my DM's birthday. This the the cake that arrived from the GF bakery! The flowers and sugar work was lovely and the icing was smooth and creamy.
View attachment 104931

The cake itself was vanilla with vanilla cream, strawberry preserve and fresh strawberries. It was moist and delicious. The cake had been placed, as arranged, in our room while we were downstairs enjoying a pool morning. It arrived with plates, cutlery and napkins. I couldn't have been more pleased and Mom enjoyed it ... and Clarabelle - her favourite character from the time she was three!
That is so cute! Is that buttercream or fondant? It doesn't really look like fondant but it looks too smooth to be buttercream

image.jpg image.jpg
Here's pictures of my dd's graduation cake. Ordered from GF for delivery at 'ohana--white cake, vanilla filling--$47.93--paid for at time of order. I discreetly asked when we checked in if it was there and they checked and said it was. They made a note on our reservation about it and that it was a surprise. We had to tell server about it when dd went to restroom at the end of the meal. We asked for it to be boxed up and for paper plates and silverware so that we could take it back to our room--we were full and also the Blackhawks were playing for the Stanley Cup!! It was tasty-/sort of reminded us of Boston Cream Pie.

That is so cute! Is that buttercream or fondant? It doesn't really look like fondant but it looks too smooth to be buttercream

I've had a look at the close-up of the icing. My memory may be hazy but I have the feeling it was a thin fondant shell over an extremely creamy layer. It's not clear in the photo, though. i never thought to ask. Now, I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the details. It was a lovely cake. I get the warm fuzzies just thinking about the whole specialty cake experience!

View attachment 104923 View attachment 104917 Got my cake today. I was beyond impressed. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream, Bavarian cream, eight inch cake. Made by contemporary. Delivered to my villa at Wilderness Lodge. The cake was so delicious. I wanted really big piping and Chef Brian delivered. We even discussed piping tip number prior to order. The butter cream was delicious as was the filling. Best cake I've ever ordered. I think this was the fourth or fifth.

The top cake was my inspiration cake. The bottom cake is mine. I got the cake toppers off etsy.
It looks amazing!!! So happy you loved it!

I ordered a Clarabelle cake for my DM's birthday. This the the cake that arrived from the GF bakery! The flowers and sugar work was lovely and the icing was smooth and creamy. [ATTACH=full said:
104931[/ATTACH]

That sounds DELICIOUS!!!

Has anyone ever ordered a fancy mini cake from Pop Century before? We're staying in November for my sister's graduation trip but our anniversary is the day after we leave. So I figured I'd get a mini cake sent to our room just for me and my husband. I'm thinking of maybe doing a Jolly Holiday theme. Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad with the Pop Century bakery?

I mentioned this a month or so ago...but here's a pic of the Haunted Mansion mini cake I ordered for my brother's birthday. It turned out so stinking cute and was absolutely delicious. The chef at Artist Point couldn't stop talking about it! :)

Attachments

• 2015-06-06 18.49.40.jpg
    2015-06-06 18.49.40.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 265
I mentioned this a month or so ago...but here's a pic of the Haunted Mansion mini cake I ordered for my brother's birthday. It turned out so stinking cute and was absolutely delicious. The chef at Artist Point couldn't stop talking about it! :)

That is so cute! HM is my fave ride. I'm almost tempted to get it for DH's birthday while we're there, but he would know I really got it for me! :) Such a great cake!

Hey guys. I will be ordering a cake for my son's 1st birthday party at WCC. I need it for 30-40 people. I really don't want a sheet cake. Does anyone know what I should expect to pay for a tiered cake (Mickey western theme) that would feed that many?? The prices on page 1 don't really mention it. Also, has anyone seen any pics of sheet cakes done by Disney that they can share?

Thanks!

*The party is not until October so I feel bad to email the CR this early.

That is so cute! HM is my fave ride. I'm almost tempted to get it for DH's birthday while we're there, but he would know I really got it for me! :) Such a great cake!
I say, do it!! Or what the heck - get TWO mini cakes. ;)

Has anyone ever ordered a fancy mini cake from Pop Century before? We're staying in November for my sister's graduation trip but our anniversary is the day after we leave. So I figured I'd get a mini cake sent to our room just for me and my husband. I'm thinking of maybe doing a Jolly Holiday theme. Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad with the Pop Century bakery?

BoardWalk Bakery makes the cakes for Pop Century (but you have to place the order with Pop Century) so you should have no problem getting a good-looking mini cake. BWB made us a pretty *and* tasty mini cake for our anniversary one year.

Hey guys. I will be ordering a cake for my son's 1st birthday party at WCC. I need it for 30-40 people. I really don't want a sheet cake. Does anyone know what I should expect to pay for a tiered cake (Mickey western theme) that would feed that many?? The prices on page 1 don't really mention it. Also, has anyone seen any pics of sheet cakes done by Disney that they can share?

Prices for two-tiered "wedding" style cake start around $200 and go up, depending on the complexity of the design. If your group ends up closer to the 30 mark than 40, I think you could get away with a 10-inch cake. Those serving sizes I put in the first post are Disney's estimates, but in reality, you can get a LOT more slices out of the cakes than they say. For example, a 2-tier cake like you're interested in would be the same size as the cake that comes with Disney's Escape wedding package. At those weddings, which have as many as 20 guests, they only cut into the bottom tier (the 10-inch), and there is always at least half of it leftover, in addition to the untouched "anniversary" tier on top.

Hi, love this cake, can I ask how much it was and from where? I couldn't find your other post. Would love to get similar for dh when we are there for his birthday it's his favourite ride :). Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter