Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all the information is in Post #2 of this thread, under Polynesian Village Resort. You can special order a cake to be delivered at any time of day.

We are celebrating two birthdays on March 16th at the Coral Reef. When i called to ask what our cake options were, i was told vanilla with vanilla frosting or chocolate with chocolate frosting. Not much of a choice. Problem is, one birthday girl only likes carrot cake. Another person in our party doesn't like chocolate (hard to believe, but true). i was asked where we are staying, which is at the Boardwalk Villas, and suggested we pick up a cake at the Boardwalk Bakery. i called the number she gave me (407) 934-6355 and left a message yesterday. i'll probably order two cakes, a carrot cake, and then something else, like a fabulous fruit or special cake. Has anyone else ordered cakes from there? Would love to hear others experiences.

Hi all! Long time lurker on this thread and I finally realized how to attach a picture (D'OH) so I can post our cake from November (2015).

This was a 6" Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and lurkyloo's recommended chocolate and peanut butter filling. It was DELICIOUS.

Delivered to our room at WL on 11/28 it cost $66 including delivery/tax/tip.

I was happy with the cake, but it's not what I had initially wanted. I was going to order 2 mini cakes (1 for DH 1 for DS) but the woman on the phone was not very accommodating (although very kind). I suppose I could have pushed back more but I am terrible on the phone. I asked for an Oswald themed cake because that's DH's favorite (and DS is too young to care yet) and the only option she gave me was the 2d or 3d image.
IMG_0409.JPG

We are celebrating two birthdays on March 16th at the Coral Reef. When i called to ask what our cake options were, i was told vanilla with vanilla frosting or chocolate with chocolate frosting. Not much of a choice. Problem is, one birthday girl only likes carrot cake. Another person in our party doesn't like chocolate (hard to believe, but true). i was asked where we are staying, which is at the Boardwalk Villas, and suggested we pick up a cake at the Boardwalk Bakery. i called the number she gave me (407) 934-6355 and left a message yesterday. i'll probably order two cakes, a carrot cake, and then something else, like a fabulous fruit or special cake. Has anyone else ordered cakes from there? Would love to hear others experiences.

I think maybe the person you talked to at Coral Reef thought you meant the pre-made "podium" cakes, which only come in all-vanilla or all-chocolate. You can totally get a specialty cake at Coral Reef. Epcot's pastry team has been whipping up some amazing creations lately. I'd call back (and hopefully get somebody else)—better to have it delivered than to have to schelp it into the park yourself.

Hi all! Long time lurker on this thread and I finally realized how to attach a picture (D'OH) so I can post our cake from November (2015).

Cute cake! And I'm so glad it tasted good!

Does anyone know approximately how big the Her Royal Highness Package cake is at CRT? Or how many people it will feed?

This was quite a few months back (October 2015), but wanted to share the cake we had for DD's 2nd birthday when we had a late breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's. I just wanted a little something for the kiddos so only wanted a 2 tier mini. I worked entirely via email with George at the Contemporary. He was extremely responsive and did a great job getting me just what I wanted. Overall it was a great first experience with cake ordering.

Attachments

• 2nd Bday cake.JPG
    2nd Bday cake.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 237
This was quite a few months back (October 2015), but wanted to share the cake we had for DD's 2nd birthday when we had a late breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's. I just wanted a little something for the kiddos so only wanted a 2 tier mini. I worked entirely via email with George at the Contemporary. He was extremely responsive and did a great job getting me just what I wanted. Overall it was a great first experience with cake ordering.

Today I made a dining reservation for our wedding aniversary at California Grill for dinner. I would like to order a 2 tier mini cake as well. Do you know, if you can add another top instead of the mickey head. I saw somewhere a castle and have read about an aniversary Minnie and Mickey. Can you deciede which filling and which cake you want?

Today I made a dining reservation for our wedding aniversary at California Grill for dinner. I would like to order a 2 tier mini cake as well. Do you know, if you can add another top instead of the mickey head. I saw somewhere a castle and have read about an aniversary Minnie and Mickey. Can you deciede which filling and which cake you want?

Those toppers are too large for the 2 tier mini cake. I had to change to a 6 inch to get the castle. The anniversary Minnie and Mickey are pretty big as well. Not sure if that requires a 6 or 8 inch.

While browsing the forum I came across ammag's cake and I love the idea!

We're back from our trip 10/30-11/8 and we had a cake delivered to the California grill, worked with Chef Brian.
Star Wars anniversary cake
$38
6"
Vanilla buttercream, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling
There was a ball of blue fondant to set the millennium falcon on

View attachment 134885

My husband is a big star wars fan as well and when we went to Disney World and Universal Studios for our honeymoon, we saw one of the foto shops at Universal. They took our picture and edited us into Han and Leia. Is it possible to use the picture somehow on a cake? On the other side I found a picture of cute silhoute cake toppers of Leia and Han on amazon, so that might be an idea as well, but instead of cake topper I would love to have a drawing on the side of the cake.

Apparently we had the same idea at the same time!!

Finalized my order today for a Star Wars anniversary cake to be delivered to our room at AKL on Feb 6th. I spoke to Wilma at AKL private dining. She initially offered me an edible image cake, but after explaining to her that it wasn't what I was looking for and trying to explain what i wanted and not being very successful, I asked for an email to contact the bakery directly. She gave it to me and i sent in pictures of what I was looking for. It took almost a week, but Virginia called me back today and we are all set! I ordered an 8 inch yellow cake with milk chocolate mousse filling. Navy fondant with a field of stars, the Star Wars logo and 2 light sabers sculpted in fondant and the words "I love you...I know" incorporated somewhere on the cake. I told her I preferred a 3d plaque of some kind, but if it needed to be written directly on the cake that was ok too. Quoted price was $81 plus tax and delivery so I expect closer to $100 when all is said and done. I hope it is amazing!

Last edited:
For anyone who may also be interested, I heard back from the CRT cake email. It's a 4 inch tier on top of a 6 inch and it serves 6-8.

Wow, a 4 inch tier on top of a 6 I would think feeds a lot more than 6-8. But I think that's typical that they underestimate by a bit. Or maybe they assume most of the people who order their cakes are like me and could eat 1/2 of a cake by themselves, lol.

For anyone who may also be interested, I heard back from the CRT cake email. It's a 4 inch tier on top of a 6 inch and it serves 6-8.

So, it will actually serve like 20 people. From what we have seen on this thread, someone who orders a 6 inch cake ends up feeding 6 people only half of the cake (if that). Most people have plenty left over for breakfast/snack for several days.

Disney seems to ere on the side of huge slices.

So, it will actually serve like 20 people. From what we have seen on this thread, someone who orders a 6 inch cake ends up feeding 6 people only half of the cake (if that). Most people have plenty left over for breakfast/snack for several days.

Wow, thanks! That's good to know. I assume they won't hold the cake leftovers for you?

I think the thing to remember too though is that they don't all have the same number of layers. Our first 6 inch cake was a 4 layer cake and it seemed huge to me. The next time I ordered a 6 inch cake it was only 2 layers so 1/2 the size of the one we had prior. We hadn't discussed number of layers so I wasn't expecting it to be any different. But obviously there would have been a big difference in how many people it fed.
Wow, thanks! That's good to know. I assume they won't hold the cake leftovers for you?

No they won't hold it for you. They will box it up. If they don't lose the box like they did for us once, lol. But you have to take it with you.

No they won't. That's a huge factor for us, because we wouldn't be going back to the hotel anytime soon after dinner, and no one is going to want to carry around a cake for the rest of the night. We will have DD's stroller though, so I'm kind of wondering if the cake would fit in the stroller basket ... we wouldn't get any fillings that would need to be immediately refrigerated, but I'm still not sure if it would be a good idea ... hmmm.

I think the thing to remember too though is that they don't all have the same number of layers. Our first 6 inch cake was a 4 layer cake and it seemed huge to me. The next time I ordered a 6 inch cake it was only 2 layers so 1/2 the size of the one we had prior. We hadn't discussed number of layers so I wasn't expecting it to be any different. But obviously there would have been a big difference in how many people it fed.

No they won't hold it for you. They will box it up. If they don't lose the box like they did for us once, lol. But you have to take it with you.

Our local bakery does two layers and that is too much for our family of 5, so my mind would be blown if it came out with four layers!

Does anyone know if the CRT cakes are two or four layers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter