Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry didn't see this earlier. They did tell me t he 2d images are $30. That's why I went screen print on cake. Also because of our allergy. Those 2d images are a no no for us. I bet that accounts for the cost differential.

They are charging for an allergy? We have a lot of food allergies but no one ever mentioned this. I even had a price breakdown of our first 2 cakes and never saw it before. Seems rather strange.

Thank you so much to answering!

So we are not restricted to basic cake types (chocolate, vanilla, etc. ) with the 6 and/or 8 inch cake? I was thinking the "fancy" combos were from Wedding cakes only.

Also, do I call the Boardwalk Bakery to request a cake or BWV where I am staying? I see where you call the resort when staying at other resorts. But since the Boardwalk Bakery, is kinda part of BWV/BWI, do,we do the same and call the resort?

They are charging for an allergy? We have a lot of food allergies but no one ever mentioned this. I even had a price breakdown of our first 2 cakes and never saw it before. Seems rather strange.
Yes. Eight dollars.

I'm confused whether there is an allergian free surcharge (maybe a cost to keep a clear area to prepare the cake, which will cut into other business?)

Or if it is because the screen print selected costs more than the inappropriate for those with nut allergies 2D image.

That number is for Private Dining. They can give you the email address of the pastry chef at Yacht & Beach Club so you can work with him/her on your cake.

Thanks so much answering!!! Is the number you have on the beginning of this tread under Yacht Club the right number? And just ask for the pastry chef's email address?

So Excited to get started planning

I'm confused whether there is an allergian free surcharge (maybe a cost to keep a clear area to prepare the cake, which will cut into other business?)

Or if it is because the screen print selected costs more than the inappropriate for those with nut allergies 2D image.
The screen print is cheaper. I assume the eight dollar charge is for the care that must be taken during preparation. 2d images on white chocolate cost thirty dollars. They are not suitable for those with nut allergies. The 2d image would have driven the cost of my cake higher in addition to being unsuitable.

Thank you so much to answering!

So we are not restricted to basic cake types (chocolate, vanilla, etc. ) with the 6 and/or 8 inch cake? I was thinking the "fancy" combos were from Wedding cakes only.

Nope! Different resorts offer different flavors, so it's best to call and see what's available.

Also, do I call the Boardwalk Bakery to request a cake or BWV where I am staying? I see where you call the resort when staying at other resorts. But since the Boardwalk Bakery, is kinda part of BWV/BWI, do,we do the same and call the resort?

The number I listed for BoardWalk Inn is Private Dining, which is where you need to call to order the cake.

Thanks so much answering!!! Is the number you have on the beginning of this tread under Yacht Club the right number? And just ask for the pastry chef's email address?

So Excited to get started planning

Yes and yes!

I am in need of some opinions. My mom and I are headed to the world in August and I want to surprise her with a cake. She love Minnie Mouse and the theme of our vacation is "Minnie Vacation 2015." I even have T shirts made and ready to go. I have 2 cakes I can't choose from for my inspirational photos to send when the time comes. One is more simple, but I think elegantly stated, and the other is all the bells and whistles. Dis friends, help me choose a cake. Photo A is the simple elegance, and Photo B is the more elaborate. Budget isn't a complete concerned, but I'd like to stay somewhere around $100-175.

Photo A
1b06210101f29410a7a5efc54a6abc63.jpg
Photo B
9b145b6097caca7b050798d12f7a9251.jpg

Just wondering has anyone ever gotten choc castle on top of a cake like the top of the wedding cakes? We are going in November and that is what I want for my birthday.

Yes. Eight dollars.

I find that quite surprising. Particularly if this is just a nut allergy. I had a gluten free mini cake that was the exact same charge as the regular mini cakes and another 6 inch cake with multiple allergens to be concerned about and nothing was indicated on the breakdown for an allergy surcharge. Unless it's something new. I didn't get a breakdown for our current cake order though so I couldn't compare.

On one hand I guess it isn't entirely unheard of that there is a surcharge for allergy free items. Many restaurants charge more for gluten free buns or gluten free pizza, pasta, etc because they cost more. But I hadn't experienced that in Disney. I wonder if they do have to special order nut free ingredients or something. That's not one of the allergies we have.

Just wondering has anyone ever gotten choc castle on top of a cake like the top of the wedding cakes? We are going in November and that is what I want for my birthday.

I got a small white chocolate castle on top of a 6 inch cake that had a light inside it. I'm not sure I can figure out how to post a picture but if I can I'll share.

One is more simple, but I think elegantly stated, and the other is all the bells and whistles. Dis friends, help me choose a cake. Photo A is the simple elegance, and Photo B is the more elaborate. Budget isn't a complete concerned, but I'd like to stay somewhere around $100-175.

I vote for the first one!

I am in need of some opinions. My mom and I are headed to the world in August and I want to surprise her with a cake. She love Minnie Mouse and the theme of our vacation is "Minnie Vacation 2015." I even have T shirts made and ready to go. I have 2 cakes I can't choose from for my inspirational photos to send when the time comes. One is more simple, but I think elegantly stated, and the other is all the bells and whistles. Dis friends, help me choose a cake. Photo A is the simple elegance, and Photo B is the more elaborate. Budget isn't a complete concerned, but I'd like to stay somewhere around $100-175.

Photo A
View attachment 83798
Photo B
View attachment 83799
Photo A is very elegant, but if you want all-out Minnie I vote for B. Could you maybe just do the top tier of Photo B so it's not so "over the top"? I just love those polka dots all over!!!

Hi everyone!

I LOVE that this thread exists and I can't wait to order a cake for our family this fall! Next month my best friend and her Mom are going to DL for her 30th birthday and I would love to surprise her with a cake to celebrate with! I saw the information in the first post (thank you SO MUCH for putting that together!!) but I was wondering if anyone has recently ordered from DL and how smooth the process is ordering a cake when you are technically going to be there. I'm assuming that it's no problem as long as they get my credit card info, but is there anything else that I should thinking about here?

Thanks for your help!
Joey

Disney has started offering a version of the grey stuff for wedding cake filling, so maybe you could get that.... if the Contemporary (which makes the cakes for the two places you mentioned) will do it. It's not frosting, though—more of a mousse. Nobody does ice cream cakes, but we just order ice cream to go with our cake.

Awesome, thanks for that info! I think I'll try a request for a red velvet cake with grey stuff filling, chocolate buttercream exterior, and TGM theme.

Hi everyone!

I LOVE that this thread exists and I can't wait to order a cake for our family this fall! Next month my best friend and her Mom are going to DL for her 30th birthday and I would love to surprise her with a cake to celebrate with! I saw the information in the first post (thank you SO MUCH for putting that together!!) but I was wondering if anyone has recently ordered from DL and how smooth the process is ordering a cake when you are technically going to be there. I'm assuming that it's no problem as long as they get my credit card info, but is there anything else that I should thinking about here?

Thanks for your help!
Joey
I ordered from their basic cake options they give you and it was easy and a nice. But I do not know how to get a fancy fondant cake from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter