Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
When do you think I should begin the ordering process if I want the cake on May 2nd?

I posted these before - but left out details I was supposed to include - so sorry!! :(
The Ariel cake was delivered to Art of Animation and the Frozen cake was delivered to POR Riverside. Both were between $150 and $160. But I am pretty sure 2 different bakeries.

This year we are going with TinkerBell and we will be at POR again. I am working with the same girl that helped us last year. I did ask for something to feed around 20 people this year instead of the 40, but with a similar budget so hoping for something a little different than the past 2 years. They are reviewing with the Chef for ideas on what they can do. If any one has any inspiration please let me know.

Excited to see what they come up with this year - and I already know it will be delicious!!

Attachments

• Ariel 2013.JPG
    Ariel 2013.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Frozen 2014.jpg
    Frozen 2014.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 218
For those who've asked about non-cake alternatives at the Disney resorts, here are the "Celebrations/Amenities" treats menus from Private Dining the Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge to give you an idea of what might be available at your Deluxe resort. It varies, though, so definitely call to find out what your resort's options are.

Contemporary Resort Cake Alternatives
(May require 24 hours' notice)

• Miniature Disney-Inspired Cupcakes: Chocolate, Yellow, Strawberry and Red Velvet – $12
  • Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: Five Contemporary-style hand-dipped chocolate strawberries – $22
  • Contemporary Signature Chocolate Monorail: One of our Disney icons done in white chocolate, served with gourmet truffles – $45
  • Fresh-baked Mickey Chocolate Chip Cookies: $16
  • Health and Wellness: Blueberry Bar, Signature Granola, Fresh Fruit and Spa Water – $24

Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Cake Alternatives
(May require 24 hours' notice)

• Taste of Africa: Zebra Dome, Kenyan Coffee Latte Tart & Fruit Tart – $9.99
  • Cookies and Milk: Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies with a choice of plain, strawberry or chocolate milk – $25 (serves 4)
  • Signature Zebra Domes: Our signature white and dark chocolate-glazed Amarula Mousse dessert –$33
  • Savanna Strawberries: Chocolate-covered strawberries decorated with an edible animal print design – $30
  • Welcome to Africa: A chocolate postcard decorates a tray filled with a variety of treats from our bakery – $111

Is there somewhere that all the private dining information is available? Or is it something they will only give out if you call? Thanks!

Thank you!
When do you think I should begin the ordering process if I want the cake on May 2nd?

They are so stingy with what they'll approve for Star Wars, I'd call now just in case, like @pezaddict231 mentioned above, they need extra time to approve the design you decide on.

Is there somewhere that all the private dining information is available? Or is it something they will only give out if you call? Thanks!

AllEars.net has some private dining menus, but Disney doesn't list them anywhere. I just grabbed those two last time I stayed at each of the resorts. On top of that, what they offer changes all the time, so I always recommend calling Private Dining directly to see what they have.

May I ask what they are charging you? My prices have been through the roof compared to last time and the cake I want is much simper than last time--no fondant, buttercream only, no ornate decoration. Haven't heard back from them yet today. I'm sure they are sick of dealing with me.

Hi. He quoted me $69 for 6" red velvet, cream cheese buttercream with 2D graduation Mickey

I have a cake order! Six inch with a screen print on the cake of Cinderella and her godmother. Scroll work on the sides. Nut free vanilla cake with vanilla butter cream. The cake will read, "Dreams do come true." Just a note to those with allergies--the print images are nut free.

Price $48. $2 under budget! Whew!

Much better than my price!! Do you think because it's red velvet it's higher?

Glad to see so many people have had wonderful experiences. In 2007 I special ordered a cake for my daughter's 8th birthday to be served at liberty tree. They lost the order (even though I had confirmation) and served us one of the cakes they keep on hand (that tasted horrible ). On our way out (literally we were already outside) or server came to find us to say they found our cake and would we like to take it with us? I was spitting nails by this time because he didn't seem to care too much about losing our order in the first place. I said we didn't have any place to carry it, considering THEIR mix up could they hold it for us? He said no so I told him to give the cake to a food pantry. I don't think we've been back there since and it's one of my DH's favorite places. The whole experience was bad. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. We tried to not act up in front of DD on her birthday.

Looking for some help, DH pirate:decided he wanted to go to WDW for his :cake:50th birthday last minute, he figured it was impossible but we are going for a long weekend. I wanted to get him a birthday cake that wasn't a podium cake but need to do this cost effectively but something to match his witty sarcastic humor:jester:! I checked the Tasty Too site but the delivery charge is too $ for this generic walmart purse. Any ideas are extremely welcomed! We will be staying at POR Riverside, dining at WCC and Raglan Road and still have to make one more ADR :idea:Thank you! :thanks:

Last edited:
Much better than my price!! Do you think because it's red velvet it's higher?
Could be, though I know the custard is an surcharge and I pay an eight dollar surcharge for an allergy note on the order. I was really firm with budget. They originally quoted $89 and we went back and forth with eighteen emails before all was said and done.

Looking for help!!!!

Having dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse with a group of 14 celebrating many birthdays and graduations. I love if there was someone like Chef Brian to chat with to discuss possibilities. Does anyone have any information other then the phone number for having a cake made for that location? Thanks so much!!

Looking for some help, DH pirate:decided he wanted to go to WDW for his :cake:50th birthday last minute, he figured it was impossible but we are going for a long weekend. I wanted to get him a birthday cake that wasn't a podium cake but need to do this cost effectively but something to match his witty sarcastic humor:jester:! I checked the Tasty Too site but the delivery charge is too $ for this generic walmart purse. Any ideas are extremely welcomed! We will be staying at POR Riverside, dining at WCC and Raglan Road and still have to make one more ADR :idea:Thank you! :thanks:

Disney cakes cost double or triple what It's Tasty Too charges, so I'm not sure you're going to be able to find one cheaper on property. The easiest place to order the cake for would be WCC. I would call Wilderness Lodge, tell them exactly what you want to pay, and give them a general idea of a theme (or a witty, sarcastic saying to write on the plate) and see what they can do.

Looking for help!!!!

Having dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse with a group of 14 celebrating many birthdays and graduations. I love if there was someone like Chef Brian to chat with to discuss possibilities. Does anyone have any information other then the phone number for having a cake made for that location? Thanks so much!!

That number is for Private Dining. They can give you the email address of the pastry chef at Yacht & Beach Club so you can work with him/her on your cake.

Disney cakes cost double or triple what It's Tasty Too charges, so I'm not sure you're going to be able to find one cheaper on property. The easiest place to order the cake for would be WCC. I would call Wilderness Lodge, tell them exactly what you want to pay, and give them a general idea of a theme (or a witty, sarcastic saying to write on the plate) and see what they can do.

That number is for Private Dining. They can give you the email address of the pastry chef at Yacht & Beach Club so you can work with him/her on your cake.
The Web page I viewed showed wedding cakes am I looking in the wrong place?

You mean for It's Tasty Too? They do all kinds of cakes, not just wedding cakes. I see where it says they now charge a $35 delivery fee. In the past, no one on this thread has mentioned having to pay one. It could be she waives it for non-wedding cakes, but best to call and see what they can do for you! :thumbsup2

So when talking about 6 inch cakes, there is the podium Sarah lee cakes, but also if you call in advance you can get custom 6 inch cakes right?

We are going to be at BWV for my birthday in Aug, would just the bottom part of this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/419890365232562070/ be able to be made in a 6 inch cake? Or would we have to go with an 8 inch? Also, what is everyone's favorite flavor combos? I saw in previous cake chatter threads, the chocolate with the chocolate mouse. Is that still what people would suggest?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hi. He quoted me $69 for 6" red velvet, cream cheese buttercream with 2D graduation Mickey
Sorry didn't see this earlier. They did tell me t he 2d images are $30. That's why I went screen print on cake. Also because of our allergy. Those 2d images are a no no for us. I bet that accounts for the cost differential.

Sorry didn't see this earlier. They did tell me t he 2d images are $30. That's why I went screen print on cake. Also because of our allergy. Those 2d images are a no no for us. I bet that accounts for the cost differential.
What exactly is the 2d image? My daughter's boyfriend has a peanut allergy. He doesn't usually eat cake but just in case...

What exactly is the 2d image? My daughter's boyfriend has a peanut allergy. He doesn't usually eat cake but just in case...
The 2d image is a picture of the character printed on to white chocolate. Your 2d graduation Mickey will be a picture of Mickey on chocolate. 2d images are not suitable for people with nut allergies due to cross contamination concerns. You may want to look into a screen image on the cake. The images are nut free. Hope that helps.

The 2d image is a picture of the character printed on to white chocolate. Your 2d graduation Mickey will be a picture of Mickey on chocolate. 2d images are not suitable for people with nut allergies due to cross contamination concerns. You may want to look into a screen image on the cake. The images are nut free. Hope that helps.

It definitely did! I'll change it when I call . Thank you!!

So when talking about 6 inch cakes, there is the podium Sarah lee cakes, but also if you call in advance you can get custom 6 inch cakes right?

Yes! (Also, Disney insists they no longer order the podium cakes from Sara Lee ;) )

We are going to be at BWV for my birthday in Aug, would just the bottom part of this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/419890365232562070/ be able to be made in a 6 inch cake? Or would we have to go with an 8 inch?

Only the pastry chef can tell you that. I have a hunch they'll say it needs to be an 8-inch, but see what they say.

Also, what is everyone's favorite flavor combos? I saw in previous cake chatter threads, the chocolate with the chocolate mouse. Is that still what people would suggest?

Most Disney brides rave about tropical mousse with any kind of cake and the amaretto crunch mousse with almond cake. My preferred combos are chocolate cake with a combo of peanut butter buttercream frosting (not filling - they're two different things) and chocolate ganache, or red velvet cake with buttercream frosting (not filling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter