Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I do t have Celiacs- we suspected it but tests are negative. My symptoms are better without gluten though so I'm trying to stay gluten free.

Does anyone know if Babycakrs in DTD can do a Disney themed cake?

Erin McKenna's in DTD can do allergy free cakes but I don't believe they can do a Disney theme or decoration. At least not like the other cakes here. I could be wrong but I've never seen it and when it was the old Babycakes all we were offered was a plain vanilla or chocolate 6 inch cake.

If I have it delivered to the room (I gave a time) do they add tax and tip to the bill? I know its been discussed about having cakes in restaurants.. but I forget about these "minor" details!

Yes, you'll be socked with the standard room service delivery fee and 18% gratuity, plus tax.

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but as of this past Tuesday, Star Wars characters are now available for custom cake requests!

My brother is celebrating his 30th birthday during SWW and I wanted him to have a cake featuring his favorite character, Boba Fett, for his birthday dinner at AP. When I originally called, I was told having that character would be iffy and to be prepared with a second choice. (Which I was.) Much to my delight, one of the cake decorators at the Contemporary got back to me on Wednesday morning and told me the good news about Star Wars. The Boba Fett cake is officially a "go!" :thumbsup2
Do you have a photo of the boba cake? We will be there next weekend for SWW for my DH birthday and trying to decide on cake to order. I'm wanting mini or 6 inch.

ordered our cake! 10 inch purple haunted mansion theme cake, with the whole haunted mansion package for our anniversary. quote at 156$, a bit more than I wanted to spend but oh well! so excited to see it

Do you have a photo of the boba cake? We will be there next weekend for SWW for my DH birthday and trying to decide on cake to order. I'm wanting mini or 6 inch.
Nice!! Can't wait to see it. That is my DH's other fav SW character. Hope to get that for him for next year's birthday!!

Oh my gosh how did I wander into this thread? Now I need to cook up a reason to order one of these AWESOME cakes for our fall trip. ARGH Disney why must you make me want to throw money at you? :D

ok so I have been in contact with Donald and brian from contemporary and they gave me a price for the cake I kinda designed with a twist from a few that I have seen on these pages.
Now I got an email from magickingdom. so I tried emailing them back and they said they r not in. I need this cake ordered and paid for since I need it for june 4th

We're meeting friends at Via Napoli. It's our last night with them and I wanted to order a small cake for thanking them for our time with them. Can someone recommend something small for 4 people?

Ok, I just confirmed with Yacht & Beach Club private dining.
6 in chocolate cake with peanut butter and chocolate ganache filling.
Indiana Jones theme with edible decorations (e.g., a hat and whip of fondant)
The price was $65 plus tax, delivered to Yachtsman
Is this too cheap or does it sound right?
Now I'm worried the cake will be lame because I was thinking it would cost $85-100
The size is fine with me as there are only 5 of us, so I don't care if it isn't huge.

I am trying to get a Indiana jones cake too. I have emailed and left voicemails at Floridian and haven't heard anything. I'm going to try and call her again tomorrow. First I called Poly and they gave me a phone number and email of someone named Pat.

I need the cake delivered to Ohana dinner on 6/4 of Indiana Jones but can't get a hold of anyone. I have photos of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter