Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received May 21st. Ordered May 19th. Delivered to the Wave. White cake with White buttercream frosting and filling. Wave staff was awesome! Waiter came to the table and announced that if that was all, he would bring us our bill. He then told my daughters that there was one more thing...and another waitress brought the cake into view. When my daughter asked how he knew Snow White was her favorite, he said Mickey told them. She is still repeating the entire conversation. Cost was $85.00.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 418
This was ours that I posted recently. It was a 4 layer 6 inch cake and cost $120 from the Contemporary bakery. I probably have other pirate cake pics saved to my computer from when I was searching for ideas. Not sure if it's okay to post them or not though since they aren't mine.
did u kinda of tell them what u wanted or just said u want a pirate theme and this is what you got?
The skull in the bottom of the cakes what is it made of chocolate or is it plastic?

Received May 21st. Ordered May 19th. Delivered to the Wave. White cake with White buttercream frosting and filling. Wave staff was awesome! Waiter came to the table and announced that if that was all, he would bring us our bill. He then told my daughters that there was one more thing...and another waitress brought the cake into view. When my daughter asked how he knew Snow White was her favorite, he said Mickey told them. She is still repeating the entire conversation. Cost was $85.00.

That's wonderful! Good for the staff at the Wave! That is a beautiful Snow White!

every time someone posts cake pictures, I rethink what I want to do for dh's birthday cake!! lol

thanks everyone for the help! I ended up ordering a 10 inch, covered in Cinderella blue fondant, with white mickey heads around the cake and a white chocolate castle on top. With everything covered in glitter. I was quoted 126$ for the cake + 15$ for the castle. Works for me!

Just ordered our 15th anniversary cake and it was SO easy! We are getting a vanilla mini cake with strawberry mousse filling delivered after our dinner at the California Grill. Red icing with white polka dots and black Mickey ears on top. I can't wait!! Thank you for this thread - I knew exactly what to ask for and the staff of the Contemporary were absolutely delightful to work with. :)

did u kinda of tell them what u wanted or just said u want a pirate theme and this is what you got?
The skull in the bottom of the cakes what is it made of chocolate or is it plastic?

I started out just indicating a pirate themed cake but had questions about what they could or couldn't do based on my son's set of food allergies. They couldn't quite answer without knowing exactly what I was looking for so I made a drawing and sent it to them. The skull was white chocolate as was the 2D Mickey and the shells around the cake. The treasure chest and the treasure was chocolate. This is a pic of the drawing I sent them and they really did it pretty much exactly as requested.PirateCakeDesignEckel.png MickeyPirateCake.jpg

We weren't able to do Anna and Elsa as children so I went with a Disney Princess theme. I worked with Chef Brian and the cake was delivered to our dinner at California Grill. We absolutely loved the cake, it was gorgeous and so delicious. DD was amazed and could not keep her hands off of it. It was a 6" marble cake with strawberries and bavarian creme filling. Cost was $65 + tax and service charge
IMG_7813.jpg

Just back from our trip I wanted to post the 2 cakes we had - one from Disney and one from Its Tasty Too after another DISer recommended!

Cake #1 was part of the "Her Royal Highness" package at CRT. We picked the Ariel cake - it was beautiful and delish!! Entire package is around $120 plus tax. I think the cake can be ordered separately for $80. We picked vanilla w/vanilla - cuz we are crazy like that! haha

Cake #2 was for a party we had that needed to feed about 25/30 people. I wanted a 2 tier cake and this priced out at $135 INCLUDING delivery!!! I had to order the little toys and send in advance since they can't actually create Disney Characters. This cake was amazing as well! We had one layer Funfetti w/Cookies and Cream and 1 layer Funfetti w/vanilla. Its Tasty Too was so easy to work with and delivered right to my hotel! I would absolutely recommend!

The previous 2 years I ordered the cake for the party from Disney so I will be more than happy to offer comparative feedback on onsite vs offsite if any one has questions!!

.ARIELCAKE.jpg TINKCAKE.jpg

View attachment 98922

I think it depends on what else you do with it. I had this 6 inch cake with a mini castle and some flowers. It looks pretty small even on a 6 inch cake.

thanks! ya I think it might look odd on a 10 inch... I've requested a quote for a 10inch haunted mansion theme, I think my husband might like that more. will see what he comes back with

I started out just indicating a pirate themed cake but had questions about what they could or couldn't do based on my son's set of food allergies. They couldn't quite answer without knowing exactly what I was looking for so I made a drawing and sent it to them. The skull was white chocolate as was the 2D Mickey and the shells around the cake. The treasure chest and the treasure was chocolate. This is a pic of the drawing I sent them and they really did it pretty much exactly as requested.View attachment 98920 View attachment 98921
I didn't realise that the seashells were chocolate as well...... This is pretty cool I guess I better get designing a cake since we go on june 3rd...
Thank you for all help.
Jay

sent my email in today at the contemporary and now just have to wait to see who gets back to me and how long this is going to take.

I just sent an email to the Contemporary as well for a cake on June 3rd! lol Hoping that's enough time

Our cake is for my daughter and her best friends 16th birthday celebration. I'm hoping to get a fondant cake that mixes their 2 favorite princesses (Aurora and Tiana) A half pink/ half mint green with some decorations that go with each character. I'm hoping they can see my vision even though I can't really see it yet. Will post pictures when we get back from vacation!

I bit the bullet and ordered a cake! I went with the Yacht and Beach Club Private Dining (listed on page one of this thread) to be delivered to our BCV room on DH's birthday.

I said I wanted "fancy" and under $100. She gave me 8", I said, not 6"? no it had to be 8" and that was $40. Then I added... I went with the filling first, a strawberry mousse, with strawberries? Yes. So I went with vanilla, I debated whip cream vs buttercream - I wanted Stitch, and some decorations. She said a 2D image was $30, 3D I think she said was $45... I went with 2D and she gave me a choice of 6 images (one was stitch as Elvis, or stitch as a Bell Hop..) Then "Happy Birthday Dad" and if the Chef could add any fun things as decorations it would be appreciated. She said I was welcome to call and make changes up to a "few days before" just call the same number (listed on page 1 here)

I'm thinking I should switch to Whipped Cream because butter cream is sweet, but, I thought they could decorate with buttercream easier? Either way, I know its going to be great - so thank you for all the help and ideas!

ETA> just thought. If I have it delivered to the room (I gave a time) do they add tax and tip to the bill? I know its been discussed about having cakes in restaurants.. but I forget about these "minor" details!

Hi everyone! Sadly, our SWW/WDW BD trip is over but the memories will remain forever!! Thank you all for the great cake info and advice. My DH's SW themed cake was awesome! It was a mini chocolate buttercream/chocolate cake for $49 (cake, decorations & tax). The X Wing on top of the cake was made of white chocolate and Darth's lightsaber was illuminated by a red light hidden behind the "rocks" (made of rock candy).

I let him have it all since we were at 'Ohana and I was going to enjoy their banana bread pudding.

Even though I was told on the phone that I didn't have to let the waitress know about the cake, I'm glad I did. She thanked me for letting her know when I told her there should be a cake in the kitchen for us (quietly on the side so my DH wouldn't know what was going on). When she came out with it, she made it a point to let me know that the staff thought it was the coolest cake they had seen and asked where I ordered it from. :-)

The process was easy and would totally recommend the GF private dining/bakery for anyone's celebration cake!

Chris SW BD Cake 2015 1.jpg

Any experiences with nut and gluten free cake?

Nut free shouldn't be an issue. Our first couple cakes we asked for nut free among other allergens and I've seen people with nut allergies mention getting cakes before. The cake/frosting shouldn't have nuts anyhow so it's more about the potential fillings and avoiding cross contamination. Gluten Free I had one a couple years ago. I was ordering 2 cakes, one regular cake and one a gluten free mini cake. Only options for flavor were chocolate or vanilla. I ordered it through Magic Kingdom Cakes so it was made by the Contemporary bakery. They may try to get you to go with the allergy free cake options which is more than gluten free but when they did I pushed to see if I could get just a GF cake and I was able.

Nut free shouldn't be an issue. Our first couple cakes we asked for nut free among other allergens and I've seen people with nut allergies mention getting cakes before. The cake/frosting shouldn't have nuts anyhow so it's more about the potential fillings and avoiding cross contamination. Gluten Free I had one a couple years ago. I was ordering 2 cakes, one regular cake and one a gluten free mini cake. Only options for flavor were chocolate or vanilla. I ordered it through Magic Kingdom Cakes so it was made by the Contemporary bakery. They may try to get you to go with the allergy free cake options which is more than gluten free but when they did I pushed to see if I could get just a GF cake and I was able.
Thanks! I do t have Celiacs- we suspected it but tests are negative. My symptoms are better without gluten though so I'm trying to stay gluten free.

Does anyone know if Babycakrs in DTD can do a Disney themed cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter