*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

after looking around for dinner reservations on 12/20 (by the way, there are a TON of good ones available! Not for things like Chef Mickey or BOG, but for the really good stuff, lots of availability!) I grabbed a 4:55pm dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. I'm really, REALLY excited about eating there!

It was the only time available other than 9pm...I wish it was closer to 6, but we'll make it work. And if not, lots of time to cancel if we change plans.

I've got a few choice December ADRs up for grabs if someone wants to coordinate via PM. All are for a party of 4.

XXX Tusker House - Friday, December 2nd @ 4:00 pm
XXX Be Our Guest - Thursday, Dec 8th @ 8:00 am
XXX Akershus - Thursday, Dec 8th @ 6:25 pm

All gone! Glad then went to DISers!

Last edited:

after looking around for dinner reservations on 12/20 (by the way, there are a TON of good ones available! Not for things like Chef Mickey or BOG, but for the really good stuff, lots of availability!) I grabbed a 4:55pm dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. I'm really, REALLY excited about eating there!

It was the only time available other than 9pm...I wish it was closer to 6, but we'll make it work. And if not, lots of time to cancel if we change plans.
They said walk ups only for between 5 and 9 I think, and you get seated pretty quickly too from what I've read. I'm going to try it for lunch on 12/9! Very excited to try it too! :)

We have 11:30am on the 7th and I can't wait to try it. Many things look good and I'm really excited about the hummingbird cake.
Me too!! I was thinking about just ordering a couple of apps and an order of fried chicken then dessert! The reviews of the chicken dish looks good but huge! ;)

Just spending my evening thinking about my plans for this up coming trip! Here is what I have planned so far!

Wednesday Dec 14th- Arrival Day

We are supposed to arrive at MCO at 12:15pm. Taking Magical Express to our resort and hopefully checking into our room! Plan on either that or dropping off our carry on bags and head to MK for that evening. Looks like there are EMH that night, so excited to hit our first park on arrival day! Just do QS meals and snacks the first day.

Thursday Dec 15th-
MK- this is a party night, so only open until 7pm, but then either going to resort hop and look at all the Christmas decorations or head down to Disney Springs. Really leaning toward resort hopping. We have a PPO at BOG at 8:30am and then a Chef Mickey's at 1:50pm. Trying to get Chef Mickey's a little later, but so far this has been the only reservation I have been able to snag.

Friday Dec 16th-
Hollywood Studios! This is also a day that has EMH, so I am expecting bigger crowds, but with just the 2 of us, I think we can handle it better than if we had the whole family. Right now we have a Hollywood and Vine dinner at 6:25pm. Thought this would be a good time to breathe and then finish the night off with the longer hours. Hoping for Star Wars fireworks as my son is a huge Star Wars fan and we didn't get back to see the whole show this past July. ( We could see the high fireworks from our balcony at Boardwalk Villa's).

Saturday Dec 17th-
Animal Kingdom! Morning EMH starting at 8am, so we are hoping to hit the park right at 8 and get a few rides in before our ADR at Tusker House at 9:20. We have been to Disney 2 times and have never been to AK, so this is going to be a new experience for us. And like everyone else we are waiting to see if ROL is up and running at this time!

Sunday Dec 18th-
BIRTHDAY DAY!!!! As we have been planning our "family trip" for next year, he has said he wants Garden Grill for his birthday breakfast. We had a PPO ADR this past July and it was the best ADR we had! I was able to get us another PPO and will spend our day at EP before heading over to MK for MVMCP. We may take a little mid day break at this time also, so we can go full force at the party. We do have a BOG reservation for 8:40pm, but I am really trying hard to find an earlier time, as this was also one of his favorite ADR's from this summer. If I am able to snag a Desert Party reservation I will cancel BOG since we have a PPO ressie at the beginning of our trip. Lots of what ifs at this time!

Monday December 19th-
Epcot Day! This day I plan on sleeping in a little bit and then heading over to Epcot for the rest of the day. I have a CPP at Coral Reef at 4:30pm for the 8:15pm show. This one is for me! I so excited to see this, and right now Joe Morton is the scheduled celebrity. (So excited!) As this is our last park day, I am planning on taking our time and snacking around the world!

Tuesday December 20th-
Departure Day! We have a later flight so decided that we are going to sleep in and take our time to relax and then hit resort check in before exploring the rest of the resort or just chilling by the pool. I am debating adding another park day, but I feel that I am running us pretty hard the whole week and we have to go back to work and school the next day that taking it easy may be the best thing.

So these are the basic plans that I have. Now have to plan FP and decide what we want to hit. My DS is a trill rider so we are definitely hitting all the roller coasters and other fun rides that we don't always do when his old sister is with us. Hoping that we are going to be able to have a fun and exciting week!

Just spending my evening thinking about my plans for this up coming trip! Here is what I have planned so far!

We are supposed to arrive at MCO at 12:15pm. Taking Magical Express to our resort and hopefully checking into our room! Plan on either that or dropping off our carry on bags and head to MK for that evening. Looks like there are EMH that night, so excited to hit our first park on arrival day! Just do QS meals and snacks the first day.

Thursday Dec 15th-
MK- this is a party night, so only open until 7pm, but then either going to resort hop and look at all the Christmas decorations or head down to Disney Springs. Really leaning toward resort hopping. We have a PPO at BOG at 8:30am and then a Chef Mickey's at 1:50pm. Trying to get Chef Mickey's a little later, but so far this has been the only reservation I have been able to snag.

Friday Dec 16th-
Hollywood Studios! This is also a day that has EMH, so I am expecting bigger crowds, but with just the 2 of us, I think we can handle it better than if we had the whole family. Right now we have a Hollywood and Vine dinner at 6:25pm. Thought this would be a good time to breathe and then finish the night off with the longer hours. Hoping for Star Wars fireworks as my son is a huge Star Wars fan and we didn't get back to see the whole show this past July. ( We could see the high fireworks from our balcony at Boardwalk Villa's).

Saturday Dec 17th-
Animal Kingdom! Morning EMH starting at 8am, so we are hoping to hit the park right at 8 and get a few rides in before our ADR at Tusker House at 9:20. We have been to Disney 2 times and have never been to AK, so this is going to be a new experience for us. And like everyone else we are waiting to see if ROL is up and running at this time!

Sunday Dec 18th-
BIRTHDAY DAY!!!! As we have been planning our "family trip" for next year, he has said he wants Garden Grill for his birthday breakfast. We had a PPO ADR this past July and it was the best ADR we had! I was able to get us another PPO and will spend our day at EP before heading over to MK for MVMCP. We may take a little mid day break at this time also, so we can go full force at the party. We do have a BOG reservation for 8:40pm, but I am really trying hard to find an earlier time, as this was also one of his favorite ADR's from this summer. If I am able to snag a Desert Party reservation I will cancel BOG since we have a PPO ressie at the beginning of our trip. Lots of what ifs at this time!

Monday December 19th-
Epcot Day! This day I plan on sleeping in a little bit and then heading over to Epcot for the rest of the day. I have a CPP at Coral Reef at 4:30pm for the 8:15pm show. This one is for me! I so excited to see this, and right now Joe Morton is the scheduled celebrity. (So excited!) As this is our last park day, I am planning on taking our time and snacking around the world!

Tuesday December 20th-
Departure Day! We have a later flight so decided that we are going to sleep in and take our time to relax and then hit resort check in before exploring the rest of the resort or just chilling by the pool. I am debating adding another park day, but I feel that I am running us pretty hard the whole week and we have to go back to work and school the next day that taking it easy may be the best thing.

So these are the basic plans that I have. Now have to plan FP and decide what we want to hit. My DS is a trill rider so we are definitely hitting all the roller coasters and other fun rides that we don't always do when his old sister is with us. Hoping that we are going to be able to have a fun and exciting week!

Sat, Sun, and Mon we'll be in the same places...we'll be on the lookout for you! Would love to say a quick hello!

Fri 12/9
Surprise kids & their friends Friday - Leave right away
Stay at hotel half way to FL.

Sat 12/10
Arrive in FL @ Disney Sprints Hotel
Spend time in Disney springs
May swim at hotel

Sun 12/11 (My sons 14th birthday)
CBR Disney Resort
Epcot AM (3 Fast passes)
Whispering Canyon Cafe 2:05PM (Birthday cake)
Magic Kingdom - MVMCP

Mon 12/12
Epcot All Day
Quick Service 10 AM
San Angels 3:40 CP Dinner Pkg.
Candlelight P. 8:15
Illuminations 9:30

Tue 12/13
Magic Kingdom AM
Quick Service 11AM
Hollywood Studios PM
Sci-Fi 4PM
Fantasmic!

Wed 12/14
Hollywood Studios All Day
Rope Drop JTA signup
Snack or OOP QS 10AM
Holliday Hollywood & Vine 3:20PM
Star Wars Dessert Party (when announced)

Thu 12/15
Animal Kingdom All Day
Quick Service 10AM
*1900 PF 4:35 (May cancel due to location)
*Quick Service Dinner if cancel 1900
ROL (If available)
May swim at resort this night

Fri 12/16
Magic Kingdom
BOG 11:40
Chef Mickeys 6:45
Return to Disney Springs Hotel
Swim? Disney Springs stuff?
Book June Adult Bounce back for anniversary.

Sat 12/17
Disney Springs AM?
Get hotel half way home.

Sun 12/18
Arrive Home

Thursday Dec 15th-

Friday Dec 16th-

Saturday Dec 17th-

Sunday Dec 18th-

Monday December 19th-

Tuesday December 20th-

We have overlapping plans on the 15th and 17th. The 17th, we also plan to rope drop Ak @ 8 and have a Tusker House reservation but I think it's around 10:30am. Love all of your plans! Also I love how your son is planning the trip but doesn't even know it. How fun!

Fri 12/9
Surprise kids & their friends Friday - Leave right away
Stay at hotel half way to FL.

Sat 12/10
Arrive in FL @ Disney Sprints Hotel
Spend time in Disney springs
May swim at hotel

Sun 12/11 (My sons 14th birthday)
CBR Disney Resort
Epcot AM (3 Fast passes)
Whispering Canyon Cafe 2:05PM (Birthday cake)
Magic Kingdom - MVMCP

Mon 12/12
Epcot All Day
Quick Service 10 AM
San Angels 3:40 CP Dinner Pkg.
Candlelight P. 8:15
Illuminations 9:30

Tue 12/13
Magic Kingdom AM
Quick Service 11AM
Hollywood Studios PM
Sci-Fi 4PM
Fantasmic!

Wed 12/14
Hollywood Studios All Day
Rope Drop JTA signup
Snack or OOP QS 10AM
Holliday Hollywood & Vine 3:20PM
Star Wars Dessert Party (when announced)

Thu 12/15
Animal Kingdom All Day
Quick Service 10AM
*1900 PF 4:35 (May cancel due to location)
*Quick Service Dinner if cancel 1900
ROL (If available)
May swim at resort this night

Fri 12/16
Magic Kingdom
BOG 11:40
Chef Mickeys 6:45
Return to Disney Springs Hotel
Swim? Disney Springs stuff?
Book June Adult Bounce back for anniversary.

Sat 12/17
Disney Springs AM?
Get hotel half way home.

Sun 12/18
Arrive Home

The 14th is my HS day too. We're hoping to make JT sign ups but the 13th is our party night. Ugh. Probably not good planning on my part but it's so hard to switch days around. If I can get my ds up then I might just take him over to HS rope drop and sign him up. Then dh and dd can get up at their leisure and come over. Yesterday, a friend was telling me how much they loved 1900 for dinner. I would of loved to do it but I just couldn't get it to fit in the right spot. If they offered the late brunch at 2ish during our week I would of put it where I have my Chef Mickey. It's on my next time list.

Yesterday, a friend was telling me how much they loved 1900 for dinner.
I have heard great things about it, that is the only reason I haven't got myself to cancel it. It would be OOP since the CP dinner is taking 2 dining credits, but I'm just on the fence.
Being that it is nowhere close to AK, the travel time may take a while and we could miss any evening attractions at AK. If they do not do ROL, we may keep 1900, but if ROL is a go, we will most likely cancel it. There are 14 (one being an infant) of us, so ADR's are hard to find this late in the game. :)

So I've had a big morning so far...

I joked about asking my MIL to go with me in May a few posts back, and today I popped the question. She was so excited and said yes right away! I plan to book May 1 - 6th at AKL in a savanna view room, but since we'll focus on Flower and Garden, I'm kind of waffling. I want her to have the ultimate WOW moment, and I think AKL will deliver. None of the other resort themes would get her as excited, except Wilderness Lodge, but I want to avoid construction because it's her first time.

To balance things out, I also asked my own mom to go with me next October, and she was more cautious. She is going to have a harder time accepting that we'd be paying for her to go than my MIL. I told her I'll have an AP for room discounts, and that we'll have lots of reward points to offset costs, trying to make it seem as cheap as possible. She wants to talk it over with my stepdad tonight. We are not super close, but I know we would have a good time together. For this trip, I'm thinking CR tower lake view. Maybe Poly. Maybe Yacht Club. Maybe Wilderness Lodge...basically I have no idea. I've ran some dates and costs, but that's about it.
My mom has not traveled very much, and it would be her first time too. Selfishly, I've picked October for Food and Wine and Halloween parties, LOL! My mom will want to have more input than MIL, which is fine, but she'll also appreciate things like character meals more, and I think we'd have a lot of fun with that.

Both women are afraid of roller coasters, MIL is afraid of flying (she asked if we could drive, I said no, LOL!), and I have no idea what to expect.

I may be crazy :crazy2::eek::faint:

I joked about asking my MIL to go with me in May a few posts back, and today I popped the question. She was so excited and said yes right away! I plan to book May 1 - 6th at AKL in a savanna view room, but since we'll focus on Flower and Garden, I'm kind of waffling. I want her to have the ultimate WOW moment, and I think AKL will deliver. None of the other resort themes would get her as excited, except Wilderness Lodge, but I want to avoid construction because it's her first time.

To balance things out, I also asked my own mom to go with me next October, and she was more cautious. She is going to have a harder time accepting that we'd be paying for her to go than my MIL. I told her I'll have an AP for room discounts, and that we'll have lots of reward points to offset costs, trying to make it seem as cheap as possible. She wants to talk it over with my stepdad tonight. We are not super close, but I know we would have a good time together. For this trip, I'm thinking CR tower lake view. Maybe Poly. Maybe Yacht Club. Maybe Wilderness Lodge...basically I have no idea. I've ran some dates and costs, but that's about it.
My mom has not traveled very much, and it would be her first time too. Selfishly, I've picked October for Food and Wine and Halloween parties, LOL! My mom will want to have more input than MIL, which is fine, but she'll also appreciate things like character meals more, and I think we'd have a lot of fun with that.

Both women are afraid of roller coasters, MIL is afraid of flying (she asked if we could drive, I said no, LOL!), and I have no idea what to expect. I'm so jealous of all the good food you're going to eat at both f&w and f&g. Every post I see look amazing. And the Halloween posts look really cool. My sil's family went to the first party this year and had a lot of fun. If this trip goes well, we're planning on going back in 2017. I'm thinking the beginning of November. The kids usually have a short week so I'd like to do that week so we aren't taking them out a full week again. I'm always afraid my ds will fall behind. He's not a great student and I feel like I really need to stay on top of him. He's only in first grade so I'm probably being dramatic. School just doesn't come naturally for him. Now my dd4 doesn't miss a beat and really enjoys to learn. They're opposites.

That's great that your mil was so excited to go with you. I think that's a good sign. I'm no help with resorts because I've never stayed on property before. But they all sound amazing to me so I don't think you could go wrong!

Me too! I'm not holding my breath, though, LOL!! At this rate we'll probably find out at like, midnight on the 10th of December or something, haha!

Oh my! Can you imagine if that were to happen? I think I would blow a gasket! haha

Both women are afraid of roller coasters, MIL is afraid of flying (she asked if we could drive, I said no, LOL!), and I have no idea what to expect.

Well done-

Current BB is DDP-maybe the same in December???? if so-F&G from and Epcot resort maybe nice- Saratoga springs-Tree house villa was really nice-we had a party of 8.

Hey Everybody! Excited for our first Christmas at the World!!! Woot woot! POR Dec 23-31! I usually like fall, but it didn't work out that way this time! Im being very brave going the busiest week of the year with my two girls alone!

:welcome: to the club!! I've got you added to the first page :-):-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter