*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Is anyone bringing Christmas decorations for your room? I'm thinking of getting a small tree and having it delivered to the resort, then sending DH and the kids out to get drinks or food or something, and having it up and decorated when they get back.

I hadn't thought about that, but I sure am now! lol That's a great idea! Hmmmm....the wheels are definitely turning. :-)

I hadn't thought about that, but I sure am now! lol That's a great idea! Hmmmm....the wheels are definitely turning. :-)

I'd been planning on getting stockings for my boys and DH from Disney Floral, but the 4ft tree from them is $400...and then I'd have to pay to ship it home after our trip. So, I think ordering a pre-lit tabletop tree would be easier and more practical. I may even look into some local shops who might be able to deliver one that's less expensive, I'm sure there's a florist or someone who would do that. I just want to add that extra touch of holiday magic :santa::santa:

I'd been planning on getting stockings for my boys and DH from Disney Floral, but the 4ft tree from them is $400...and then I'd have to pay to ship it home after our trip. So, I think ordering a pre-lit tabletop tree would be easier and more practical. I may even look into some local shops who might be able to deliver one that's less expensive, I'm sure there's a florist or someone who would do that. I just want to add that extra touch of holiday magic :santa::santa:

As in FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS? lol Wow, that's a bit steep. Thanks for the head's up on that as Disney Floral was my very first thought. Love the stockings idea!! I love those extra doses of holiday magic! If I end up pursuing this and come across anything that might be of interest, I'll definitely report back! :-)

My two girls still do elf on the shelf. I am bringing stockings for the elves to leave them. Last time we always brought winter themed things for the elves to be doing when the kids woke up. Also, once or twice we would buy little souvenirs they wanted (like dolls) and set the elves up with those. They thought the elves were bringing them the souvenirs and were so giddy about it. I may do a little table top tree this year too!

As in FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS? lol Wow, that's a bit steep. Thanks for the head's up on that as Disney Floral was my very first thought. Love the stockings idea!! I love those extra doses of holiday magic! If I end up pursuing this and come across anything that might be of interest, I'll definitely report back! :-)

YES! Isn't that crazy?? It's a 4ft tree decorated with Mickey themed ornaments, some of which are personalized...it comes with a Santa sack which has an additional cost if you want to personalize the tag that is on it. I could do a lot more cool things with $400 than a small tree!
The stockings from Disney Floral are really cute though, and I'm not as put off by the cost of those.

YES! Isn't that crazy?? It's a 4ft tree decorated with Mickey themed ornaments, some of which are personalized...it comes with a Santa sack which has an additional cost if you want to personalize the tag that is on it. I could do a lot more cool things with $400 than a small tree!
The stockings from Disney Floral are really cute though, and I'm not as put off by the cost of those.

I bet it's positively adorable but yeah, as @dnllmz said, it's like Christmas party tickets! I vote for using your own creativity. More bang for your buck! :thumbsup2 Our trip is in celebration of my daughter's HS graduation, so I'm brainstorming ideas to incorporate that as well. I love planning for the little "extras" that make it all the more magical. :-) I'm seeing great ideas in this thread for ways to do that!

I have it addressed to my son, so as soon as the Olaf Magic Band that I ordered for him and the shirt from Esty arrives I am going to tell him!

That is incredibly exciting!! Maybe you could share his reaction with us? I love hearing about fun surprise stories. :-)

Well i knew to would probably happen.. i have had to cancel my trip for December. Not something I wanted to do because I really wanted to go to Disney at Christmas. Hopefully I will be able to make it next year. Was really looking forward to my first solo trip. May try to get a quick 2 day trip in sometime in early 17. But who knows.. :worried:

Just booked our flights to Disney! We are using miles so it made the trip a little cheaper. We have driven the 21 hours the last two years, but this time we are flying and using Magical Express. :bounce:

All there is to do is FP+ and any special bookings we want to do. Looking at doing the Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour as we did the KTTK tour last year.... and the SW fireworks party of they have it.

I have it addressed to my son, so as soon as the Olaf Magic Band that I ordered for him and the shirt from Esty arrives I am going to tell him!

Make sure you show us the shirt. I love etsy.

Well i knew to would probably happen.. i have had to cancel my trip for December. Not something I wanted to do because I really wanted to go to Disney at Christmas. Hopefully I will be able to make it next year. Was really looking forward to my first solo trip. May try to get a quick 2 day trip in sometime in early 17. But who knows.. :worried:

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. I hope you get to go soon.

I scored a $5 Minnie Tshirt for my daughter at Burlington coat factory today. It's red, gray & black. It should go great with the black with gray bow leggings I bought her. They also had really cute Minnie pjs in the women's section. I always forget about that store. It was only a quick trip so I didn't have a lot of time but I did see some other character shirts in the girls' section.

Buy a small tabletop tree on Amazon and have it two day shipped straight to the resort. We always bring a second suitcase loaded with Christmas decor. I buy most of th stuff on Amazon or at Walgreens - Walgreens has Disney themed items.

It looks like we will be driving due to airfare still so high. I also like having our own car. It's about 18 hour drive. We will leave Friday the 16th after school drive about half way then finish Saturday the 17th. My question is: when and how to tell the kids. The trip is a gift from Santa so we need to somehow get that across. Ideas?

TIA,
Noelle

It looks like we will be driving due to airfare still so high. I also like having our own car. It's about 18 hour drive. We will leave Friday the 16th after school drive about half way then finish Saturday the 17th. My question is: when and how to tell the kids. The trip is a gift from Santa so we need to somehow get that across. Ideas?

TIA,
Noelle

Oh you can have so much fun with this~

Do the kids have phones? create a "Santa team chat" and send map messages while driving-kinda like a treasure hunt till you get to the WDW welcome sign... If no phones- plot out some places along the way to give them hints via notes in envelopes...MISSION FROM SANTA- :)

Whatever you do=- wait until the welcome sign! (I wish I could keep such a secret)

Have fun!

How old are your kids? I'm having our elf do the reveal. I bought the Cinderella castle ornament from hallmark & I'll put that with the elf with some kind of note. I'd love t do a scavenger hunt but I don't think I'm creative enough to pull that off.

Oh you can have so much fun with this~

Do the kids have phones? create a "Santa team chat" and send map messages while driving-kinda like a treasure hunt till you get to the WDW welcome sign... If no phones- plot out some places along the way to give them hints via notes in envelopes...MISSION FROM SANTA- :)

Whatever you do=- wait until the welcome sign! (I wish I could keep such a secret)

Have fun!

That's such a cute idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter