**Official December 2010 Thread!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to get some really fall-like weather here in Philly - and it is just making me that more anxious and excited about our December trip! Our first time to WDW at Christmas and I just cannot wait!

Starting to get some really fall-like weather here in Philly - and it is just making me that more anxious and excited about our December trip! Our first time to WDW at Christmas and I just cannot wait!

We're getting the cold, crisp air up here in Boston too. But what really has me jones-ing for my trip (and Xmas too. I'm a Christmas-aholic :santa: ) is that my local Walgreens and Stop n Shop have already started putting out little ornaments, decorations and candy canes. I know it's not even Columbus Day yet, but I'm starting to get antsy.

Its definately getting cooler here in Texas. My AC is set on 78 but I know it won't cut on because its only 75 degrees in my house right now. I'm loving this cooler weather. If it were like this every day I'd be happy. I hate Texas heat.

As of yesterday, we were exactly 2 months out. :cool1: Today is our 60 day mark!!!! party: Holy cow, it's getting close. :hyper: One more month, then I'll order my groceries. I was just thinking yesterday about switching our summer clothes to winter clothes (starting to get chilly in CT) and that I would put the more summer like clothes into a suitcase. Sounds like a lot of us are thinking the same thing! :thumbsup2 I will still have to pack some warmer clothes though - capris, sweatshirts, etc. Another month from now, I'll be ready to pack those. We should be getting our ME stuff within the month too.

I think it's time for me to start making my packing list though. Can't forget the santa hats and Christmas outfits! :santa:

That's awesome that you were an UNT grad. I'm thinking of going to grad school there. I got my AS and BA from University of Phoenix Online.

Airtran flew nonstop to Orlando but it was always a 7am flight. However, that didn't bother me cause I just wanted to get there. We would have to connect in Atlanta on the way home.
awesome! good luck on grad school! i hear they have some great programs there for grad school. What are you studying specifically? I work in marketing.

i didn't realize they had a direct flight- nice! of course now it doesn't matter, huh? bummer! :confused3:rotfl:

oh I can't wait togo to DW. I jut got laid off today but I refuse not to go, that is the one thing I do every year that makes me happy.this year staying at the contemporary MKV, IS IT DECEMBER YET :santa:

Does anyone have any tips suggestions for vacationing at CSR/DW over Christmas. We will arrive on December 22 in the evening and leave the 29 we have a 5 day park hopper with dining. We will be there 6 whole days, with 1 day being reserved for time at the new HP world at Universal Studios and we plan on devoting one whole day to each park with the 6th day probably consiting of us going back to any of our favorite things. My dad and brother are also planning on going golfing most, if not all of the mornings we are there, even though after reading I'm pretty sure I will try to convince them not to go on the 24 & 25. There are four of us going: my brother who will be 16, I will be 22, and then our parents. We live in North Dakota so I am not too worried about the weather since what is considered cold down in Florida is usually pretty mild to us. This will be our second trip, with the first being spent at Carribbean Beach Resort, I actually ended up spraining my ankle right in the middle of that trip. We also went to Disney Land back in 2006 and I also suffered an ailment while there so we are all wondering what will Amanda do this time??? I am going to begin student teaching in late January/early February so this will be a nice break in between finishing my last semester of classes and that.
it will be very busy the whole time you are there, so just be prepared and try and be at the parks by opening/rope drop. they will often close the parks to capacity that week, so get there early! not sure on the golfing- do they have reservations already? I would make sure they do. Do you have park hoppers? the hoppers will be good to leave one park when it is crowded for another. however, given that time frame, all parks will probably be bad. as long as you go in knowing that and prepare by using FP and early entry, you can get more done. I would suggest also taking the monorail loop around and checking out all the decor at the Poly, CR and GF, including the gingerbread house. If you feel like the parks are too crowded, you can always do things like that. you have ADRS, right? hope you have a fantastic time and don't get injured or sick this time! :rotfl:;):santa:

Its definately getting cooler here in Texas. My AC is set on 78 but I know it won't cut on because its only 75 degrees in my house right now. I'm loving this cooler weather. If it were like this every day I'd be happy. I hate Texas heat.
yes, loving this weather!!! ours is on 77 and hasn't cut on. it was 71 in my house today. of course it will warm up for saturday when we hit up the state fair. wish it would stay this cool!

Our trip is a surprise for the kids. We plan to tell them when we walk into cape may for breakfast =)

I need some suggestions ideas and opinions

We are planning to leave after school on Friday drive straight down and hopefully arrive when the kids are asleep. Wake them to go into the room to sleep

We are staying at POR

how DISNEY obvious is the room? will my kids instantly know where we are? How can I hide it? I dont want them excited at 1am because then no one will sleep.

also the ride between por and cape may... how disney noticeable is it?

any ideas or suggestions are appreciated

julie

We are staying at POR

how DISNEY obvious is the room?
Never stayed there, but there are some room pictures on allears:

http://allears.net/acc/g_dxl.htm

rivers2010z21.jpg

rivers2010z6.jpg

CP Updates: The Disney website has replaced Frank Langella with Corbin Bernsen for the Candlelight Processional on 12/2-12/4. Also, Ed Asner has been removed from 12/5-12/6 and replaced with "TBD".

just updated the ADR list with the latest changes :goodvibes

9 weeks today and it'll be 'vacation eve' for us! :woohoo:

Emma princess: x

Our trip is a surprise for the kids. We plan to tell them when we walk into cape may for breakfast =)

We are planning to leave after school on Friday drive straight down and hopefully arrive when the kids are asleep. Wake them to go into the room to sleep

We are staying at POR

how DISNEY obvious is the room? will my kids instantly know where we are? How can I hide it? I dont want them excited at 1am because then no one will sleep.

julie

How old are your children? have you been to WDW before with your children? where did you stay? How old were they when they first went.. if they have gone before?

Have you thought about telling them when you pick them up from school? do they know you are picking them up from school or is that a surprise also? If they know where do they think they are going?

We need details! :)

How old are your children? have you been to WDW before with your children? where did you stay? How old were they when they first went.. if they have gone before?

Have you thought about telling them when you pick them up from school? do they know you are picking them up from school or is that a surprise also? If they know where do they think they are going?

We need details! :)

My kids are my 2 boys M 7 years, F 5 years, and my girl P who is 17 months (19 by travel time)

Yes we have been to Disney before 2004, 2006, 2007, & 2008 both spring and fall

We have stayed at POR on our 2008 fall trip. It will have been 2 1/2 years ish when we go in December. We only stayed at POR the once. I dont know that they will recognize the room. The only one who can read is the 7 year old.

All of my kids go on their first disney trip sometime between 14-19 months.

My plan is that Friday is the class party day so I will be IN the class. The plan was to take them home when I leave after the party and get in the already packed car hand the boys their Ipods or DS systems and drive down. We would be arriving well after 10pm if we do not stop to eat so all 3 should be asleep by time we arrive. We have considered a story about visiting a relative and not making it sound fun at all and this hotel would just be a stopping point on the trip. Then pull into Cape May and let them figure it out as we walk the resort for breakfast.

We decided we want something other than while driving because DH deserves to see their faces and not just me. Also video tape from the front seat while the boys are on the 3rd row of the van does not give me a very good view of the 2 boys or the rear facing girl.

Well sounds like you have it worked out!

I would definitely have a story ready for the car ride... definitely something boring... "we have to go to Home depot and its far away"
Just kidding! LoL I DESPISED Home depot as a child..oh my!

Good Luck. You will have to let us know how it goes.

When are you going?

Ok, here are my ADR's.
Monday the 13th: Brown Derby 7:45pm
Tuesday the 14th: Liberty Tree Tavern 2:00pm
Wednesday the 15th: Tutto Italia 1:25pm
Thursday the 16th: Tusker House 1:20pm

Although Thursday is our last day, I would be up for a Dis meet!:thumbsup2 Maybe we all could meet up for a breakfast or a park rope drop. Just a suggestion.:goodvibes

Hey Emma (love that name it is my DD's name too)

Can you take me off LeCellier at 6:20pm on the 10th, I'm only eating there at 2:05 that day

Also last night I cancelled 50's Prime Time at 4:40 pm on Dec 12

Thanks so much for keeping this list together

My kids are my 2 boys M 7 years, F 5 years, and my girl P who is 17 months (19 by travel time)

Yes we have been to Disney before 2004, 2006, 2007, & 2008 both spring and fall

We have stayed at POR on our 2008 fall trip. It will have been 2 1/2 years ish when we go in December. We only stayed at POR the once. I dont know that they will recognize the room. The only one who can read is the 7 year old.

All of my kids go on their first disney trip sometime between 14-19 months.

My plan is that Friday is the class party day so I will be IN the class. The plan was to take them home when I leave after the party and get in the already packed car hand the boys their Ipods or DS systems and drive down. We would be arriving well after 10pm if we do not stop to eat so all 3 should be asleep by time we arrive. We have considered a story about visiting a relative and not making it sound fun at all and this hotel would just be a stopping point on the trip. Then pull into Cape May and let them figure it out as we walk the resort for breakfast.

We decided we want something other than while driving because DH deserves to see their faces and not just me. Also video tape from the front seat while the boys are on the 3rd row of the van does not give me a very good view of the 2 boys or the rear facing girl.

HMMM I think the drive to cape may could be tricky. Alot of the street signs are mickey shaped. Then there is the HUGE ride billboards. Not to mention the buses that could be circling POR when you are leaving.

Is there a way for you to check in and have DH stay in the car with the kids then drive over to your room and you get out and put a Welcome to WDW sign on the room door. Then you can go back and grab a kid or call DH and tell him to bring them up and you be waiting at the door?

I could never keep it a secret from my kids so I give you a ton of credit. I am horrible with surprises I've been known to give DH his gifts before his birthday just because I am way too excited about them LOL.

sorry i have slacked off in my duties of the trip dates list. i will trya nd update today.

We are staying at POR

julie
so i say make up a story about where you are driving to- then get them to bed hopefully that night without them realizing they are at POR. the room itself as you know, is not overly mickey- just leave off the tv (no top 10 tips channel!) and hide the mickey soap in the bathroom. Can you have a mickey wake up call for the surprise? I think surprising them at cape may is going to be too hard unless you blindfold them, they will know they are at disney once you drive around on property in the daylight. so i think you do it in the room in the am. maybe create a special letter from mickey welcoming them to WDW? there are lots of cool ones on the DIS-igns boards. maybe have a little treat or gift bag for each of them that am too? Wake them up (or have the wake up call), tell them it is time to get going to see Aunt so-so......then maybe pull out a letter, say it was slipped under the door and let the oldest read it- saying welcome to WDW! give them their treat bags and hoorah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter