Official Dancing With the Stars: Fall 2015

I don't enjoy it. :crazy2: "Bunch of filler," is a gross understatement. The time drags forever. :badpc: ABC finally agrees. The finale has always been 3 hours. :headache: Tomorrow, for the first time, it is only 2 hours. :thumbsup2 I think, just like getting rid of the useless Tues nites, they realized no one wants to sit through that many useless hours for the finale. :thumbsup2

I think you are wrong, the final wasn't 3 hours last season. I haven't watched every season, think I started with season 4 and it's been 2 hours since then. What kills me the most is they take 2 hours then wait until the last 5 minutes to reveal the winners. Last year they waited so long that we really didn't get to see them celebrate.

I loved Bindi's freestyle, the others didn't do much for more. I wouldn't even called what Alex did a dance. I think it'll be Bindi will win, Nick will be second, although he was really playing to the Backstreet fans tonight, Alex should be third.

Watching time shifted.

I hated Carlos' 'foxtrot'. Ugh. It was terrible! Did not deserve 30.

I liked Alex's rhumba, but Lindsay danced all around him. He was very stiff. Deserved his score.

Loved Nicks's jive, but he seemed to run out of a bit of steam at the end. Deserved the 30!!

I love the song that Bindi danced to. What an awesome quickstep! I wish they didn't use other dancers.

And, that was pretty much a given too. Alex was the sleeper.

When I voted for him last week, I said I would be happy if he comes in third. Many mentioned that he is definitely doing the DWTS tour. I think that's great they invited him. :thumbsup2 While he & his two buddies that were with him on the Paris train take down, may do speaking engagements in the future, Alek will never be able to make the money he will get for having done this show and the upcoming tour. He should ride that gravy train while he can. :thumbsup2 However, he's got so much heart & love for this country & our people, that I see him possibly using some of that money to start a non-profit for fellow military going through PTSD or something.

I think you are wrong, the final wasn't 3 hours last season. I haven't watched every season, think I started with season 4 and it's been 2 hours since then. What kills me the most is they take 2 hours then wait until the last 5 minutes to reveal the winners. Last year they waited so long that we really didn't get to see them celebrate.

Are you sure? I remember loosely watching it (while doing other things) last year or the year before with either Mandy or someone else who was posting a play-by-play for everyone online, as some couldn't watch live in their time zones, and she even remarked that there was another TWO hours :eek: :faint: before the 5 minute announcement of the winners at the end. And she stopped posting the play-by-play and went and did something else for a while. :p That's why I'm pretty sure it was 3 hours.

. . . Unless, :scratchin they showed a repeat of the the Monday finale show, too. . . that could be it. :idea: They are scrapping that this year. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

Are you sure? I remember loosely watching it (while doing other things) last year or the year before with either Mandy or someone else who was posting a play-by-play for everyone online, and she even remarked that there was another TWO hours :eek: :faint: before the 5 minute announcement of the winners at the end. And she stopped posting the play-by-play and went and did something else for a while. That's why I'm pretty sure it was 3 hours.

. . . Unless, :scratchin they showed a repeat of the the Monday finale show. . . that could be it. :idea: They are scraping that this year.

They reshowed part of Monday night's show is what they did. It was 3 hours unofficially.

When I voted for him last week, I said I would be happy if he comes in third. Many mentioned that he is definitely doing the DWTS tour. I think that's great they invited him. :thumbsup2 While he & his two buddies that were with him on the Paris train take down, may do speaking engagements in the future, Alek will never be able to make the money he will get for having done this show and the upcoming tour. He should ride that gravy train while he can. :thumbsup2 However, he's got so much heart & love for this country & our people, that I see him possibly using some of that money to start a non-profit for fellow military going through PTSD or something.
You always ride the gravy train, as long as you can in the entertainment biz...trust me ;). The smart ones, know how to invest and branch out...not just about the brand.

I can see him picking up some product endorsements too. Maybe, a modeling gig or two.

Last edited:
My phone number that came bundled with my Time Warner cable package is not letting me vote. :badpc: I only got two votes through, while my two Tracfone cellphones let me vote and I got through pretty much on the first tries. I have a feeling that my cable phone is bundled with that blackout of the game as it's making other phone calls okay. :badpc:

Nick's was more of the same. I thought it was going to be 'different'. Ha! My votes are going to Bindi.

I loved Carlos' freestyle! It was loads of fun!

I also loved Alec's freestyle! I loved how Lindsay incorporated the obstacle course.

Omg. Bindi. I'm crying along with everyone else.

I also loved Nick's freestyle!! I loved how he danced solo a lot. It was awesome!

My freestyle score, in order:

Bindi
Nick
Carlo
Alec

You always ride the gravy train, as long as you can in the entertainment biz...trust me ;). The smart ones, know how to invest and branch out...not just about the brand.

Yes, I know a gal who had a few national commercials running at the same time or consecutively. She was of an age and had a certain, real people "look" that was great for commercials at that period in time. Yet she STILL kept her waitressing, which was frustrating and quite annoying at times. And there were plenty of times where she could have just walked off the job because of the attitude she got from fellow jealous waiters.

I finally asked her why she was still working there, as she could have easily coasted on the money from commercials. She said someone had pulled her aside years before and taught her how to be wise with her money and to invest it, AND to keep working as long as she could, while she was young.

She said, you really don't know the future. Work while you can, when you can, while you are healthy enough to work. It wasn't about working herself to the bone or being a work-aholic. She still had went on great vacations and had a condo apartment that I absolutely drooled over when she had parties there. :love:

But, she also lost a good deal of her money in her investments after 9/11. That taught her a lot. And now, she isn't the "look" anymore for commercials. They are now hiring younger versions, similar to how she used to look, so those dried up on her. :sad2: So she had been wise to keep working. :thumbsup2

I've heard other stories, like Kevin Bacon & his wife, Kyra Sedgwick lost most of their money in Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme. Luckily, they were able to regroup. Kyra was still the right age & type to book stuff, so she went to L.A. to do The Closer, and got a weekly paycheck for some years, while Kevin stayed east, so as not to uproot the kids. Then he's started doing stuff again after Kyra finished doing The Closer. And they've made a good deal of the money back. :thumbsup2

Some people aren't so fortunate to keep booking or are as wise with their gravy train money. :sad2:

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can't vote if you are outside the US. Plus, you can only vote in your time zone for the two hours after the show ends. So it's up to us older folks to make those calls! I use my cel phone though, my rotary dial landline is no more :smooth:

Really enjoyed the show tonight, thought every one did great! Saw big improvements for Alek, Carlos, and Nick. Bindi has been great all season.

Val danced back up for Nick. Is that a first for him? Has Derek ever cried this much? Has Carlos ever cried this little? These are questions that need to be answered.

Did anyone else think it was slightly unfair to give Alek and Lindsey a Redo dance that she didn't even choreograph? Everyone else danced it together the first time, and were just improving. Lindsey had to actually learn it, then Alek had to re-learn it with a different partner. Could be part of the reason they got 9s. :confused3

I think they should maybe restrict it to dances they've done together.

Pretty sure you can't vote if you are outside the US. Plus, you can only vote in your time zone for the two hours after the show ends. So it's up to us older folks to make those calls! I use my cel phone though, my rotary dial landline is no more :smooth:

Really enjoyed the show tonight, thought every one did great! Saw big improvements for Alek, Carlos, and Nick. Bindi has been great all season.

Val danced back up for Nick. Is that a first for him? Has Derek ever cried this much? Has Carlos ever cried this little? These are questions that need to be answered.

It's usually Derek's partner who gets all weepy and whiny. But Bindi just keeps being her chipper self, so Derek had to pick up the slack! ;)

(edited because some moron hit 'Post' after 2 words :wave: )

You can vote outside of the US via facebook.

Also I think everyone redid the dance, even though they were redos it wasn't the same song/choreography

And online at ABC.com. The old fogies
e59a93db.gif%7Eoriginal
a4a38e68.gif%7Eoriginal
have to guilt trip their children & grand children to create an account for them and cast extra votes online for them that way, if they don't want to be left out of their wills.
bf-wheelchair.gif%7Eoriginal
:p

Also I think everyone redid the dance, even though they were redos it wasn't the same song/choreography

True. It just seemed odd that they chose one he did with Emma originally. I guess they were all different, though.

The redos were supposed to be their worst dances. They had to re-do them better, now that they have all that experience under their belts, and using whatever tips the judges gave them.

I really enjoyed tonight's show, and was a crying mess after Bindi's dance. I haven't cried out loud in a long time, so it must be that time of year where I'm weepy... yeah, that's it.

This is the time I wished I watched live with all of you so I could comment along with you. I liked all of the free dances, and thought Alek's was really powerful - excellent choreography for it. Bindi's blew me out of the water and then some. The others were enjoyable. I think I liked Carlos's dance better than Nick's, but it's really a toss-up for me. I was really surprised that Alek stayed, even with his fan base. I thought tomorrow would be Bindi against Nick, and Carlos.

I think she really touched Derek this season. It's not a show with her. I believe she's genuinely a good, authentic person. Also, I get the tributes to Steve Irwin, but her mother has raised her alone for the past 9 years, and I think she's doing an incredible job with both of her kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter