Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

Word is that there is going to be a private cosplay moment between Beckett & Castle, in which she dresses up for him. For fun, anyone want to make a prediction about the costume? Based on some of the dialogue in sneak #5, I'm predicting that it won't be Princess Leia, LOL.

Maybe a red lehenga choli? ;) (I think that would be funniest for the fan-crowd, but it probably wouldn't be iconic enough for the average viewer -- too much of an in-joke, darn it all.)

PS: re: Probable Cause: did anyone else think that Tessa was rather representative of an Angel of Doom? The white satin dress and the way she was posed were a teensy bit anvilicious, I thought.

Yeah, not Princess Leia. Too weird.

I really figured it would be from the fake show. I saw a clip were she & Castle run into someone who knew her when she dressed up & he had a picture of her in a Lt. Chloe costume, and you get a quick glimpse of it. I know I read that they had to be careful with licensed characters. Frakes said they were able to use Avengers, but really couldn't use too much from other shows.

And I'm wondering if tonight is the "I love you" from Kate. Just a random thought that popped into my head.

Yeah, not Princess Leia. Too weird.

I really figured it would be from the fake show. I saw a clip were she & Castle run into someone who knew her when she dressed up & he had a picture of her in a Lt. Chloe costume, and you get a quick glimpse of it. I know I read that they had to be careful with licensed characters. Frakes said they were able to use Avengers, but really couldn't use too much from other shows.
Ironically given that Frakes has said that Star Trek jokes abound, I doubt it will be anything from the ST world either, because CBS owns the rights these days.

Of course, I suppose if they really wanted to go for funny she could show up armed with a wooden stake -- since he didn't specify WHICH Joss Whedon show. (Not that Buffy is scifi, but it is Joss Whedon's best-known show.)

And I'm wondering if tonight is the "I love you" from Kate. Just a random thought that popped into my head.

I'm thinking no. I think that given his track record, Marlowe will probably save that moment for a less comic episode (and knowing his love of OMG finales, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that turned out to be the final scene of 5x23).

After last week's intense episode, this week's was truly funny! :rotfl2: and with a few sweet moments thrown in there. and the last scene? OMG.

LOL, I kept getting a picture in my head of Ward and June in cheesy rubber masks!

("How the mighty hath fallen." (tee-hee))

Now that was a fun episode! Once again, did I care about the crime? No, not really, but the other stuff that went on was so classic Castle, I was OK with it. (If I want to solve a crime, I'll watch a show like Law & Order) Just so much fun stuff in that episode & some sweet stuff as well.

loved (in no particular order):

Castle to Kate: "Look at my life. My dreams do come true."

Jonathan Frakes' cameo--the t-shirt, the #1 reference, Rick's comment after he left.

Perlmutter's comments to Rick--"too bad the feeling's not mutual", "not Detective Castle" As much as I missed Lanie, I was glad Perlmutter was the ME in that episode.

Espo's comments to Ryan about "Lord of the Rings"--"yeah, I can picture you as an elf or a hobbit"

Nathan Fillion's spot on William Shatner

Kate & Rick's run-in with her old college buddy--that picture was indeed "fraken something"

Kate to Rick "will you sign my chest?" & then "cap your pen!"

Rick's reaction to Alexis - "how do I unsee that?", then the comments to Kate about "sweaty fan boys" and then Kate reminding him that the costume he wants Kate to wear is almost as bad as what Alexis was wearing

Rick's reaction after shooting the "prop" gun, and then his reaction when he as asked if he had "proper" protection. First he worries that he's mutating (but Kate says she'd like it if he mutates in Dr. Manhattan, because "the blue skin would bring out your blue eyes"), then worries about losing his hair (and Espo tells him that Kate wouldn't like him anymore because he has a "pumpkin head") and then of course he worries about his fertility. (Kate asks "do you want more kids? and he says "I'd like to keep my options open")

The ending scene! Just made me giggle and the cheesy William Shatner song just hit the right note, LOL.

The gathering of the suspects scene. Too funny.

And my favorite thing in the episode? Kate's reason for loving Nebula 9:

It was about leaving home for the first time, about searching for your identity and making a difference. I loved dressing up like Lieutenant Chloe. She didnt care what anybody thought about her and I kinda did at that time.

And the look on Rick's face when she told him the reason why.

I'm kind of sorry that they couldn't fit Michael Dorn (who played Kate's therapist) or Penny Johnson Jerald in the episode. Dorn was Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and PJJ was in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

But that was a classic funny Castle episode, and I really loved it. After that intense episode and dealing with the after effects of Hurricane Sandy, it was kind of nice to sit on my couch and laugh for an hour.

spoilers:

http://tvline.com/2012/11/06/supernatural-spoilers-glee-girl-meets-world/

Question: Anything on Castle you can share leading up to the Christmas episode? I can’t wait! —Anthea Ausiello: I can confirm that the Dec. 3 holiday-themed outing will answer the age-old question: If Rick had a Christmas tree, what exactly would it look like? Also, who would help him decorate it? (Answer to the second Q is Alexis and Martha.) The bigger news, however, is that something conspires to keep Rick and Kate apart on Christmas — and that something is *o**.

Oh no! Could *o** be JOSH?

Eh, could be many things. FWIW, Marlowe didn't make that reference in his conversation with EW (unless you interpret *o** as "food", which could fit in with traditions):

Per the boss, the charming and heartfelt episode will chronicle Castle and Becketts first Christmas as a couple. Well see the pressures of that and what each of their personal traditions are and how those might clash and complement each other, says Marlowe. Meanwhile, fans to see Christmas through the eyes of lots of our precinct faves. [Well see] what Esposito is doing for Christmas, what Lainey is doing for Christmas and what they may or may not be doing together, and Ryan is having a little Christmas crisis of his own, he says.

Theres also a Santa falling from the sky (Marlowe jokes that we should not to watch with Santa-loving children unless you want to have to explain some stuff) and a gift exchange to remember. Oh, and those of you claiming its time for the Ryan family to expand? We certainly plant some seeds about that in the Christmas episode, he teases.

----

FWIW, FF's throw-away joke about more kids sounded like foreshadowing to me; after all, in a relationship where a childless woman in her early 30's is dating a decade-older single Dad with grown kids, that question always hangs out there like the sword of Damocles. Either the Marlowes wanted to get it over with so they didn't have to deal with it seriously, or they wanted an opinion from Rick on the table so that Kate could have a typically Kate-like simmering angsty reaction to it over time.

We laughed like fools all the way through FF, in ways that only a pop-culture-fan family can. The Firefly jokes were lots of fun, but it wasn't just that that; I mean really -- Javi doing a line from The Princess Bride?

PS: Did you catch the irony of the name of the N9 captain, "Max Renard"? Renard is French for fox, so not only did the name sound a bit like Mal Reynolds, but it was a pun: Max Renard = too much for Fox.

PPS: I just thought of the most obvious interpretation for "*o**" -- LOVE. (where is the forehead-slap icon when you need it?) It fits with Marlowe's tradition comments if you consider that we all tend to have traditions on where we spend our holidays, and that the reason that we go where we go is usually because we want to be with and/or don't want to disappoint people we love. That hint may be about Kate being torn between spending Christmas with her Dad or spending it with Castle's family.

And don't forget fellow Nathan Fillion fans: the Science channel will be having an all day Firefly marathon this Sunday, Nov. 11th, topped off by a special roundtable that was filmed at this years Comic Con. The roundtable is on at 10 PM EST. :thumbsup2

That was an OK episode, not my favorite. Had some nice moments, but overall, nothing great.

So, can a new fan just jump into this show in the middle? Besides romances, are there any recurring storylines that would cause new people to be lost (like the Red John storyline in The Mentalist for example)?

I've watched a couple reruns during lunch break on TBS, and it looks good. I just want to know whether I should start from the beginning on Netflix or something.

So, can a new fan just jump into this show in the middle? Besides romances, are there any recurring storylines that would cause new people to be lost (like the Red John storyline in The Mentalist for example)?

I've watched a couple reruns during lunch break on TBS, and it looks good. I just want to know whether I should start from the beginning on Netflix or something.

It's not impossible to just jump in with this show, but there is an important back story with a character's parent's murder. It wouldn't hurt to go back & start at the beginning. Plus it's fun to watch how Kate & Rick's relationship has changed over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter