Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

I wonder if there will be a spinoff. Who would have thought " The Closer" could survive after Brenda left, but " Major Crimes" arose from the ashes. Maybe there are plans to do something similar with Castle, Espo, Ryan, Haley, Martha, and Alexa.

I wonder if there will be a spinoff. Who would have thought " The Closer" could survive after Brenda left, but " Major Crimes" arose from the ashes. Maybe there are plans to do something similar with Castle, Espo, Ryan, Haley, Martha, and Alexa.

Well, it won't be happening now. And as far as I know, there aren't plans for one in the future. Most of the time when these spin-offs happen, the plans are in place before the last show ends. That was the case for Major Crimes. Too many variables for it to happen in the future.

Glad it is cancelled. As really think the show had nowhere to go but down after Stana would be leaving.

What the heck was that? What was the point of shooting them and then tacking on that happy ending? It looked kind of hazy, was it supposed to be some kind of dream/vision as they died?

Yes! They jammed so much into the ending it felt very rushed.

Can somebody walk me through the ending? What was that last piece of the puzzle that Castle figure out while starring at the stove? It all happened so fast I didn't catch on to what he figured out.

sailorstitch

As a matter of curiosity what happens to the crew behind the show? I can see the actors having to get new jobs but what about the production staff? Do they get new jobs or found other work within the same tv production firm?

The crew gets new jobs, too. The crew on Castle was actually fairly legendary for how smoothly they worked together, and how well they could squeeze a dollar. Those folks won't be hurting for work.

I think that the orignal ending went up through the shooting; it was supposed to have been a cliffhanger. That was probably the original final scene, with them lying on the floor holding hands. I'm sure that they cut some seconds here and there from the bulk of the episode to make room for the ending montage. For a few seconds there I was afraid that they were going to tell us that the entire series was in Castle's imagination -- that the "you have no clue" moment was really the end of their actual relationship. For grins, I wonder whose kids those were in the montage -- probably the children of crew members, I bet. No real need to hire actors to just have them run around and get chased and hugged by Katic, who is well-known for entertaining crew members' kids during down moments.

EW listed several of the relevant tweets in one place, including several from Marlowe: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/1...s?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Castle looks at the burner flame, and realizes that they didn't need to burn Caleb's body in the car since they had an incinerator on the premises. So that's when he realizes that Caleb is still alive, and he hadn't turned. They planted his DNA in the trunk of the car.

And yes, the show was supposed to end with them holding hands after being shot. Then who knows - maybe Kate would have died, since they weren't bringing Katic back or maybe she would have been in a coma, waking up in time for the last episode. We'll never know.

I found out some information about the twins who played the Castle twins. Their father, Bob Steib, tweeted that "Tyler played Reece and Brady played Jake". Jake is the twin who tripped, and that wasn't in the script - Brady tripped. If you look closely at Stana Katic, she's saying "Oh my God" when he tripped!

Here's dad's Twitter page, the kids are actors. https://twitter.com/steibbob

Castle looks at the burner flame, and realizes that they didn't need to burn Caleb's body in the car since they had an incinerator on the premises. So that's when he realizes that Caleb is still alive, and he hadn't turned. They planted his DNA in the trunk of the car.

Thanks!

sailorstitch

OK, so much for that guess ...

Lily, Jake and Reese? Where did those names come from; leaked from the script? (And Lily? Not buying it. Josie, maybe, or Annie -- any first daughter that character had would absolutely be Johanna. If the writers actually named the kid Lily, they slipped badly.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter