Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

I haven't liked Beckett's character for the last couple seasons and I will still give Castle a try without her. I have no idea whether it will be worth watching or not but it won't bother me that Beckett's gone.
Not that it matters because the show was not renewed, but I'm with you. IMO, the whole show went downhill after the "missing time" episodes. I think these kind of shows always lose something once the romantic tension is gone and the principals get hitched or sometimes even just date. Perhaps the writers were trying to keep things "interesting", but it wasn't and Beckett really annoyed me the last couple of seasons too. When Castle opened up his own agency I missed Espo and Ryan more than Beckett!

I just wish the show had enough of a heads up so we could have a decent finale.

Now the interesting question becomes, what about the books? They all sell quite well, and Disney/Hyperion may well decide that it's worth continuing the series. If so, fans can still have their Caskett in the form of Rook & Heat, minus all that messy stuff about who gets paid what per ep. :duck:

I figured they were headed toward cancellation and I have to agree it was for the best, I just wish there was enough time to put together a stellar and happily ever after type of finale.

Well, according to things I have read, they did film 2 different endings - one if it went on, and one if it didn't. So we might get some sort of "ending".

Besides, most of the shows that knew they were ending in the last few years - Sopranos, The Good Wife - didn't wrap stuff up in a bow. So this might work out okay.

Now the interesting question becomes, what about the books? They all sell quite well, and Disney/Hyperion may well decide that it's worth continuing the series. If so, fans can still have their Caskett in the form of Rook & Heat, minus all that messy stuff about who gets paid what per ep. :duck:

I hope they continue them. They're getting better with each book. I'm kind of sorry they only did two Derek Storm books - those had a lot more in jokes than the NH ones did.

I hope they continue them. They're getting better with each book. I'm kind of sorry they only did two Derek Storm books - those had a lot more in jokes than the NH ones did.

Actually, there are 7 Derek Storm books: the two full-length novels (Storm Front and Wild Storm), plus the triptych of novellas (Brewing Storm, Raging Storm, Bloody Storm), and then the four graphic novels (Deadly Storm, Storm Season, Calm Before the Storm, and Unholy Storm.)

Actually, there are 7 Derek Storm books: the two full-length novels (Storm Front and Wild Storm), plus the triptych of novellas (Brewing Storm, Raging Storm, Bloody Storm), and then the four graphic novels (Deadly Storm, Storm Season, Calm Before the Storm, and Unholy Storm.)

I don't count the e-books because they were terrible. And I forgot about the graphic novels. Bought them, but never opened them.

Trailer of one of Stana Katic's upcoming movies, "The Rendezvous". Is it me or does some parts of this remind you of a TV show?:

DH and I loved this show and watched it since the premiere. I wasn't a fan of any of the story arcs. This season has barely held my interest. I liked seeing them together in their home life and interacting with his mom and daughter. The English woman just took time away from other cast members. Beckett being promoted to Captain was too much for me to swallow. It took the character away from what she loved to do. I thought that story line had already been played out when she became a Fed.

And I meant to add a comment with "The Rendezvous" trailer: there is a Castle connection in the cast. The redhead you see Stana Katic's character talking to on the phone is Darby Stanchfield, who played Meredith, Castle's ex-wife. Plus she played Nathan Fillion's wife in the movie "Waitress".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter