• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm there the 4th week of September and I would like to know too!!!
From what I understand a soft opening is when the restaurant will not accept reservations only first come first serve...

It's just a test phase of the restaurant...

So I plan on going to the podium around 5:30 the night I wanna eat there and seeing if I can walk up...

So is the deal that you have to show up when the restaurant opens and make a reservation right then or is it literally you show up when you want to eat like a chili's lets say and just hope there is a table available? Do you know when someone is there to start taking ressies if it is the first option and what time is the earliest seating if it is the second option? Boy, this is stressful!

Can you or anyone explain what you do with a soft opening. Does that mean there are no reservations but you can eat there on a first come, first seat situation? Or do you have to travel there and try to get a reservation directly on site? Any suggestions if this is the case. We are traveling the 3rd week of September and would love to dine there-we will do what we have to in order to score a seat--as long as I know what that is :confused3

From my experience, no reservations at all - walk-up only. You go around the time you want to eat and are seated as a table becomes available. Like your Cheesecake Factory, Applebee's, etc.

Disney has done soft openings for several restaurants over the last few years, that's why I don't expect this one to be any different. It gives them time to work out the bumps before the official reopening.

From my experience, no reservations at all - walk-up only. You go around the time you want to eat and are seated as a table becomes available. Like your Cheesecake Factory, Applebee's, etc.

Disney has done soft openings for several restaurants over the last few years, that's why I don't expect this one to be any different. It gives them time to work out the bumps before the official reopening.

I have not heard anything about Cali Grill's soft open plans, so what follows is my speculation, only. Sometimes restaurants do soft open as outlined above. I have also know of fine dining restaurants who choose to "soft open" in a bit of a different way. They don't want lots of folks milling about, waiting in long lines, so their soft opens were by invitation only. Who knows what Cali Grill will do, we'll have to wait and see.

Hello allis there any news about California grill been open for reservations soon as a am traveling to walt disney world in November

Soft Opening is just that there are no ADR's accepted, I think. I remember getting into Tutto Italia that way i thin it was last year in May. I am among the many that are waitng patiently for Cali Gril to re-open its doors.

Just tried with the MDE app. A pop up appeared stating reservations are temporarily unavailable and to please call. I checked another restaurant and it did the same thing.

There will be some sort of soft opening. Whether it is for AP holders, family & friends, walk ups only, etc.

They will need real time experience before going fully live with reservations.

Just tried with the MDE app. A pop up appeared stating reservations are temporarily unavailable and to please call. I checked another restaurant and it did the same thing.

The Web site is down until noon today.

What's new. This site is down more often than it is up. I went online to look into pricing for my end of May 2014 trip to WDW. I'm holding out hope that sometime in my lifetime Disney's website will work. But I have a feeling my Indians will win the World Series and my Browns will win a Super Bowl before that ever happens. :rotfl2:

But I have a feeling my Indians will win the World Series and my Browns will win a Super Bowl before that ever happens. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Especially if your Indians continue choking like they did last night! Not that I'm upset about it (HINT: GO TIGERS!)

Something tells me though you have a chance of your Browns winning a Super Bowl before my Lions!:cheer2:

On the website just now and it says "No times available" vs. "Call (407)..."

Hopefully soon :yay: After my first meal there on my last trip, I'm addicted!

I pretty much have give up on BOG - I have everything I wanted but CG and BoG. If I get either, someone's getting primo spots bc I did the Ressie Reveille for every 180-day day of my trip:-)

Subscribing! Hoping for a RSVP the first week of December. This was our favorite restaurant, hope it is just as good or better. The sushi was phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter