Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Karin we might bump into each other the first week in September! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, it might easily happen. I just hopped over to your dining review and noticed that you will have lunch at WPE on the 3rd. Guess what, we are meeting our friends there for lunch too. If you see us there - PLEASE say hello! :thumbsup2

How busy do you think CG will be if there is a soft opening? Anyone recall from previous resturant soft openings?

Could we maybe get this thread back on topic :rolleyes: we can debate children versus adult only on the main restaurant board. When I saw the notifications of the number of updates to this thread on my phone I was hopeful that reservations had opened.

So I'll try to turn this conversation back to the original topic. Do we think that they will go reservation-free for the "soft open" week that has been rumoured? (Last week in Aug) and then open up reservations when the restaurant actually reopens?

I had many quotes to reply to the children subject. I understand that many find that OT. Due to respect for others, I will summarize what I was going to say & let it go.

For those who are discussing the topic of children & fine dining & want to read the comments:

-I'm far from a kid hater. I love kids! When my niece then nephew recently had kids this year w/i a couple months, I told the world, because I was so excited. :rotfl: Well behaved kids are a pleasure to be around. Unfortunately, the fact that many, including myself, feel compelled to complement the parents with well behaved children at restaurants speaks volumes.

-The kids are kids excuse is the exact reason many would like to see a few adult only restaurants. Each signature having an adult only evening a couple times a week should work for everyone. As I've said many times, I'd go a step further & limit large groups of adults on these evenings.

-Most people can't afford to dine at V&A several nights on a trip, if any.

-Disney is for everyone!

-As a mother of an adult, I've noticed many people don't seem to realize kids do grow up. Enjoy the restaurants they find fun while you can. There's plenty of time for fine dining, when they're older. I'd happily give up fine dining to have my DS be young again.

I knew there would be a thread for CG opening! I have called Disney Dining a couple of times and checked on line, now I have the professionals! We are looking forward to our first meal at CG in October - crossing my fingers! :goodvibes

I just tried again for December just for grins. No luck :-(. Guess I'll keep waiting for that magical time to open up!

I am 99% certain they will do a soft opening, as they usually do with restaurants to work out the kinks and any-necessary menu changes. I honestly don't expect ADRs to start to be taken until they officially open, and even then it might be November (holiday season) before you can get a reserved time. Via Napoli and others did a soft opening for at least a month.

Princess Serendipity said:
And funny story, Friday morning shortly before I woke up, our internet went out. I have a habit of checking this thread first thing to see if the ADRs are open yet, but obviously I couldn't that morning as I had no internet access (and don't own a smartphone). So I called the Disney Dining line later after the internet hadn't come up after a few hours and first thing I got was, "All circuits are busy!" So I panicked thinking it had opened and was going to have to spend the morning scrambling for a res. Nope, just a string of coincidences, the CM just gave me the usual spiel. All that adrenaline was better than a cup of coffee though!

Too funny! That sounds about right though! I'd get up 5:30am to get my computer all set up to make ADRs at 6am on a Saturday morning and be so pumped up with adrenaline about it that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep! I'd start cleaning the house at 6:30 in the morning just to do something with all that energy!

Hi waiting buddies - I called just now (because who wants to do work on a Monday morning?) and was told by the very nice CM that they will announce on the website and on the parks blog prior to the opening date for reservations.

Separate question - if we would like to sit at the bar (assuming they still have that setup after the reno is complete) do we need a reservation or is it first come first served?

Have a great week everyone, and happy waiting to us all!

Hi waiting buddies - I called just now (because who wants to do work on a Monday morning?) and was told by the very nice CM that they will announce on the website and on the parks blog prior to the opening date for reservations.

Separate question - if we would like to sit at the bar (assuming they still have that setup after the reno is complete) do we need a reservation or is it first come first served?

Have a great week everyone, and happy waiting to us all!

Last few times I have been there, you need an ADR to sit at the bar. And I actually like it because it makes for a far less crowded area, especially during Wishes.

I am 99% certain they will do a soft opening, as they usually do with restaurants to work out the kinks and any-necessary menu changes. I honestly don't expect ADRs to start to be taken until they officially open, and even then it might be November (holiday season) before you can get a reserved time. Via Napoli and others did a soft opening for at least a month.

Can you or anyone explain what you do with a soft opening. Does that mean there are no reservations but you can eat there on a first come, first seat situation? Or do you have to travel there and try to get a reservation directly on site? Any suggestions if this is the case. We are traveling the 3rd week of September and would love to dine there-we will do what we have to in order to score a seat--as long as I know what that is :confused3

Can you or anyone explain what you do with a soft opening. Does that mean there are no reservations but you can eat there on a first come, first seat situation? Or do you have to travel there and try to get a reservation directly on site? Any suggestions if this is the case. We are traveling the 3rd week of September and would love to dine there-we will do what we have to in order to score a seat--as long as I know what that is :confused3

I'm there the 4th week of September and I would like to know too!!!
From what I understand a soft opening is when the restaurant will not accept reservations only first come first serve...

It's just a test phase of the restaurant...

So I plan on going to the podium around 5:30 the night I wanna eat there and seeing if I can walk up...

Ugh no, just PLEASE no... They must REALLY love having their website crash and people get mad/sad and yell at their CMs because it takes HOURS and you can't get through and we all need to get to work and etc etc ... :sad:

Great! I keep trying but I feel like I'm not going to have any luck. We check in to Beach Club on September 8th...I doubt they will be open ::((

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter