• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I said I wasn't going to be online and making changes to get into the Cali Grill.... But my DW made me do it. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I ended up cancelling my Artist Point ADR and switched my Citricos ADR in it's place and ended up getting the Cali Grill on Dec. 3rd for 5:00 PM. This is perfect because it is a 1/2 hour earlier than my prior ADR and making it easier to get to MVMCP that evening on time. :cool1:

Ooh - I feel like Ralphie just after he opened his Red Rider BB Gun.......and I still can't believe it was that easy. 7:30pm November 30th.

YES!! Got my ADR too (after 19 min of very STRESSFUL computer trouble)! Sept. 22 for 4 @ 7:20p...hopefully timed just right for Wishes!! Yay!

So glad I see most everyone else is having good luck too! Enjoy your vacation and meal everyone...this thread has been invaluable!!

:cheer2::woohoo: So glad I got up early to book our ADR's!!!! Reserved for 12/4/13, 2/9/14, and 2/14/14!!:woohoo: I'm so excited! I wish I could go next month! It would be lovely if the lucky posters going next month could come back to this forum and post photos and a review.

Thanks for the updates during the wait! I hope everyone gets their ADR's! Hopefully as everyone books in to CG, I can finally get into 'Ohana during our December trip as well! :woohoo: I'll try later on today for that one!

-April

If we are waiting to be seated and Wishes is starting, will they let us watch from outside? We just want dessert and I thought a 7:40 was a little early for just dessert so I booked the 8:45.

Kinda surprised I really got it that easy. 6:18 am and it only took 2 tries
I have 7:25 reservations on Sept 9th - Official opening day. I consider myself lucky because we are only in WDW until the morning of the 11th

I think that it getting pushed until the crush of summer was over as a good thing. congrats to everyone else on getting their ressies

Woohoo!! Was able to get our Oct 5th reservation! Plus got my dad and his wife a Cal Grill reservation later in our vacation without loosing my BOG for the rest of the family. Tricky business! :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Especially those who shouted out when the site opened early. I would have trusted the red sign saying it was still closed if it wasn't for you generous folk. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Got exactly what I wanted right at 6am online. It almost seemed too easy after all this waiting! October 20, here we come!

No luck yet for early December; keep getting message to call for all of our nights.

I just got 12/4. Try clicking on the CG, going to the page that lists the restaurant and booking it in the small blue box on the right side of the page. The page still says in red that dates aren't available, but it will show times you can book for your date in the blue box. Maybe see you there!!

Alright, I said I wasn't going to be online and making changes to get into the Cali Grill.... But my DW made me do it. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I ended up cancelling my Artist Point ADR and switched my Citricos ADR in it's place and ended up getting the Cali Grill on Dec. 3rd for 5:00 PM. This is perfect because it is a 1/2 hour earlier than my prior ADR and making it easier to get to MVMCP that evening on time. :cool1:
Can you switch AP to another night? It saw I was double-booked with AP for Christmas Eve so I chose a later time for CA Grill and POOF! It didn't notice my double-booking anymore;), so I have both right now:rolleyes1. I can work out the details with DD and DH later when they're, ummm, more receptive. I tried to share my excitement with DH around 0600 and he looked a bit like he thought he was having a nightmare - yeesh, I've been obsessed with this since 0530:rotfl:

We got ours!!! Booked Sept. 13 7:30pm!!!! That will be Friday the 13th. We are so excited!!!! I got just what we all wanted! Had to read all the updates on here from everyone. I am so glad everyone has gotten the day and time they wanted.

Laura

Now I need something else to check for every day! Suggestions :)
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Well. we could always plan the ultimate DISmeet - an "Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread" reunion meet ...........:joker:;):joker:

I will miss checking in with y'all a couple of times a day, as has been the case for months now. :grouphug:

Got one for the family on 10/4 @7:30 and one for just my son & his girlfriend on 10/2!!! Yay for everyone here....it was a fun wait all together with you!!!
Thank to everyone who kept the thread going and checking every single day!!! And it was way easier than I even hoped for!!!

Got a ressie for September 17th and December 8th! Thanks to everyone on this thread! Glad this morning seems to be going smoothly. Good luck to all!

Finally. A dream come true. First time in California Grill, table for all family (12) at Xtmas eve. Thank you everybody and good luck.

I got an ADR :cheer2: 11/15 for 7:20. I was hoping for an 8:00 but am so happy with what I got. I haven't been to CG since 2002 and can't wait to see the update, try the new menu and best of all it will be my mom and dad's first visit!
As a side note, where do we hang out to wait for fireworks which aren't until 9:30 that night? pixiedust:

Best of luck to all of you! I hope you get the date you are hoping for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter