Official Breast Feeding Support Thread for WDW Parks

We will be taking our DS to WDW in December when he will be 9 months old. This thread will be super helpful for us to keep nursing while we are enjoying our vacation. Keep the tips coming!

What a great thread! I nursed my baby at Disney last summer and my tips are to get a lightweight ring sling (I prefer non-padded, less bulky lightweight material, mine is a zolo solarveil material). Baby napped in it and also nursed in it, it served as a great cover and we nursed all over all the parks. There were plenty of rides that were fine to nurse on, too. I never used the baby care centers, I would just find a spot in a corner or less crowded area, or in a show. I also have Aiden and ANias blanket that is very lightweight that would work well as a cover if you felt you needed one.

I have a question, I pump for my daughter because she doesn't latch on properly. I know the Baby Center's will have a place for me to pump but I pump every 2 hours so I don't want to be running back to the Baby's Center. Are there any where else I could pump in the parks? Thanks for the help!!

I have a question, I pump for my daughter because she doesn't latch on properly. I know the Baby Center's will have a place for me to pump but I pump every 2 hours so I don't want to be running back to the Baby's Center. Are there any where else I could pump in the parks? Thanks for the help!!

The only other place I could think of would be to find the family type bathrooms, which I know they have downtown Disney, and some places in the parks, or there may be outlets in the larger stalls in the bathrooms. The "companion" bathrooms are empty a lot of time and very private:):thumbsup2

I'm late to this party, but love seeing all the BF support here. My boys are way past the BF stage, but we did visit the MK for a day when YDS was only 11 months old. He was still BFing then so I did NIP while we where there. I wore a nursing t-shirt, so it was rather easy to cover up a bit. If I remember correctly, I BF'd him in the area of the Pirates of the Caribbean while the rest of our group went on the ride. I didn't see an available bench so I just took a seat on the ground back in the shade and away from the traffic flow. I don't think a single person passed us and I didn't get any looks. Funny as it sounds, the fact that we did BF while at Disney is something I will always remember, along with changing his cloth diaper (BumGenius) under the shadow of Cinderella's Castle!

You could use a manual pump instead of electric while you're at the parks.

The only other place I could think of would be to find the family type bathrooms, which I know they have downtown Disney, and some places in the parks, or there may be outlets in the larger stalls in the bathrooms. The "companion" bathrooms are empty a lot of time and very private:):thumbsup2

I don't think using the companion bathrooms is a great idea. For some, those are the only stalls in the park they can use when they have to "go". And they are very few in number. Unless you can be in and out in under 10 minutes it is probably a bad idea to use those.

Not to mention, the idea of pumping in a bathroom is just a little gross to me. I would think the baby care centers would be much nicer (and probably less germy).

Do you have a manual pump or one that runs off a charge? If you won't need an outlet, I'd say get cozy in the corner of a counter service that has tables (Pinocchios, Cosmic Ray's, etc) and use a cover as if you were nursing. That totally depends on your comfort level, of course.

If I remember correctly, I BF'd him in the area of the Pirates of the Caribbean while the rest of our group went on the ride. I didn't see an available bench so I just took a seat on the ground back in the shade and away from the traffic flow. I don't think a single person passed us and I didn't get any looks. Funny as it sounds, the fact that we did BF while at Disney is something I will always remember

I don't know how much of this thread you've read but there are several moms suggesting a rename of the ride to The Nipples of the Carribbean. :lmao: I can't tell you how many times we've nursed while riding.

I have a pump that works off a charge or electric. I had thought of pumping in a counter service but wasn't sure if that would be a good idea.

I would prefer not to manual pump nor use the bathroom. Thanks for all the ideas.

i pumped in the parks - it was a challenge but we survived ;) i personally found it easier to go back to babycare center rather then get set up in a more random spot. mk and hollywood studios are small enough IMHO to get back to easily every two hours. epcot the baby care center is central in the park. AK's baby care center is a little more challenging to get too. but overall getting back to the centers is very doable.

I've never BF'd in the parks, but I nursed my 3 year old until she was 2 1/2 (mostly at night for the last year or so) and just wanted to add my support when I saw this thread. I have used the baby stations and I think they would be a great place to take a break and nurse, but not always terribly convenient.

So glad I stumbled across this thread! We are leaving for Disney next Friday. It never occured to me to bf during the "shows". I just pictured myself on a bench somewhere but duh, bf in Hall of Presidents sounds much better. She turned 8 months old yesterday and I swear still wants to nurse all day. This could be a challenge.

thanks for the encouragement ladies!!

We're taking our first trip to WDW as a family at the end of June. Should be nice and hot for my 7 month old :thumbsup2

I figured Disney would be nursing friendly, so I'm happy to see this thread. I hope to still be nursing in June (baby due in December) but I always take things one day at a time with nursing.

I'm getting a wrap and hoping to just wear the baby during our trip. We will hopefully figure things out so she can nurse in the wrap and no one else is wiser.

Haven't had time to read the rest of the thread, so I'll go and see what rides/places are "better" than others for NIP.

Nursing during our trip went so much easier than I feared it might. It was pretty easy to find somewhere to stop and feed my little guy and it really didn't slow us down. The only problem I had was that one day I didn't eat and drink enough and got feeling pretty bad. After that, I just made sure I drank a lot!

Some of my most enjoyable moments were slowing down to care for my little one while my dh took the older kids on big rides. It forced me to slow down and soak it in. It was such an amazing trip!

Chimichanga said:
We're taking our first trip to WDW as a family at the end of June. Should be nice and hot for my 7 month old :thumbsup2

I figured Disney would be nursing friendly, so I'm happy to see this thread. I hope to still be nursing in June (baby due in December) but I always take things one day at a time with nursing.

I'm getting a wrap and hoping to just wear the baby during our trip. We will hopefully figure things out so she can nurse in the wrap and no one else is wiser.

Haven't had time to read the rest of the thread, so I'll go and see what rides/places are "better" than others for NIP.

We just got back from taking our 7 month old and it was awesome. I used a Beco Gemini carrier and loved it. It was much cooler than many wraps, super comfortable, and very quick and easy. I haven't been able to nurse in any carrier (wrap, ring sling, or Beco) but i wish I could!

wishiwereindisney said:
i pumped in the parks - it was a challenge but we survived ;) i personally found it easier to go back to babycare center rather then get set up in a more random spot. mk and hollywood studios are small enough IMHO to get back to easily every two hours. epcot the baby care center is central in the park. AK's baby care center is a little more challenging to get too. but overall getting back to the centers is very doable.

Thanks so much for letting me know this. I have been worried of how bad this was going to be.

SOOO happy to find this thread!

This is my first child and will be taking him in December (he'll be 2 1/2 months) and have been a little worried about BFing. Mostly about trying to be modest. I'm still trying to get the hang of BFing, but pumping is just so much easier at this point, even though I have to clean the bottles and pump; so much equipment.

Hopefully I can get this BFing thing down so I can do it on the plane ride and then at restaurants at the World. Not sure how i'll be able to do it in restaurants though :confused3

SOOO happy to find this thread!

This is my first child and will be taking him in December (he'll be 2 1/2 months) and have been a little worried about BFing. Mostly about trying to be modest. I'm still trying to get the hang of BFing, but pumping is just so much easier at this point, even though I have to clean the bottles and pump; so much equipment.

Hopefully I can get this BFing thing down so I can do it on the plane ride and then at restaurants at the World. Not sure how i'll be able to do it in restaurants though :confused3

With practice, it just becomes second nature. I unfortunately didn't nurse my 1st but my 2nd I was nursing her at a restaurant when she was 2 weeks old. It's just no big deal to me now. Surprisingly I saw quite a few breastfeeders when we went when our baby was 4 months old. There's plenty of places to sit or you can manage to nurse while walking, which I did most of the time once I figured out how to nurse in the carrier....which I mastered on the 1st night, lol. You'll do fine....have fun!

With practice, it just becomes second nature. I unfortunately didn't nurse my 1st but my 2nd I was nursing her at a restaurant when she was 2 weeks old. It's just no big deal to me now. Surprisingly I saw quite a few breastfeeders when we went when our baby was 4 months old. There's plenty of places to sit or you can manage to nurse while walking, which I did most of the time once I figured out how to nurse in the carrier....which I mastered on the 1st night, lol. You'll do fine....have fun!

Thanks for this. :goodvibes I still excuse myself from the living room if my mom or my DH's mom is there so I can nurse him. I guess I better start practicing doing it in front of them, if I expect to do it on a plane huh??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter