Official Breast Feeding Support Thread for WDW Parks

I love that article and it's so true!

DD is 13.5 months and we're still nursing. I had intended to wean when she turned a year, but she still very much needs it and is doing well, so why stop? We will continue in the parks if needed (she mainly nurses before nap time, bed time and sometimes in the morning).

Keep up the good work ladies! It's all worth it in the end! :goodvibes

This seems like I wrote it, with the exception that my DD is now 15 months princess: she WILL. NOT. GIVE. IT. UP and I've given in and will more than likely nurse her for nap time & when she gets tired at night. I read 3 pages of this thread and found it helpful. I'm sure that I will find two good spots while @ MK & a water park. :cool2: glad to know that there are some ladies nursing past 1 yr! I get quite a Bit of criticism :sad2:

This seems like I wrote it, with the exception that my DD is now 15 months princess: she WILL. NOT. GIVE. IT. UP and I've given in and will more than likely nurse her for nap time & when she gets tired at night. I read 3 pages of this thread and found it helpful. I'm sure that I will find two good spots while @ MK & a water park. :cool2: glad to know that there are some ladies nursing past 1 yr! I get quite a Bit of criticism :sad2:

I totally understand that. I do as well. Even my own mother asked me the other day, "You know, after a year, toddlers get the majority if their nutrition from table foods, and NOT from breast milk"..:eek:

DD isn't ready to give it up and for now we'll go with it. People really need to keep their mouth shut.

I'm nursing my third child. First child weaned when she got chicken pox at 19 months. Second child weaned on her own at 22 months and would hit me if I even offered. Third child is 15 months and we are nursing at naptimes and with boo-boos. My goal for all three kids has been 24 months. My mom knows this and yet she still says, "Are you still doing that?" in the same voice you would use if you caught someone smoking. Strangers don't say or do anything if I nurse in public. My friends don't say anything about it. It's just mom. :rolleyes:

I'm nursing an almost 2 year old (17 days ) and my mom is the same way! She won't even talk about it anymore. I swear everyone would be more supportive of me giving him soda than "still" nursing him!

I wish I could give each of you ladies a high five for nursing!

It's such an amazing start to their lives.

You ladies that are going strong at a year or more, keep it up! Don't let people discourage you. I work in the lactation field, and have for 7 years now. I am a HUGE breastfeeding advocate. Children get the benefits of breastmilk far past a year.

Here's a bit of interesting info:
Did you know that as your child gets older your body automatically puts more antibodies in your breast milk? This is because your body knows the child is getting older and that you may wean at any time, so we put more of the good stuff in that milk. So, they may not be nursing as often or getting the volume they did at 2 months old but they are getting all those great antibodies from you!

I totally understand that. I do as well. Even my own mother asked me the other day, "You know, after a year, toddlers get the majority if their nutrition from table foods, and NOT from breast milk"..:eek:

DD isn't ready to give it up and for now we'll go with it. People really need to keep their mouth shut.

:worship: I agree! What ever happened to: if U can't say something nice - don't say anything at all!

I'm nursing my third child. First child weaned when she got chicken pox at 19 months. Second child weaned on her own at 22 months and would hit me if I even offered. Third child is 15 months and we are nursing at naptimes and with boo-boos. My goal for all three kids has been 24 months. My mom knows this and yet she still says, "Are you still doing that?" in the same voice you would use if you caught someone smoking. Strangers don't say or do anything if I nurse in public. My friends don't say anything about it. It's just mom. :rolleyes:

:lmao: yeah! It's the tone that irritates me so - just like you mentioned : "Are you still doing that?" in the same voice you would use if you caught someone smoking. :furious: ugh! As if it were a terrible habit :sad2:

I wish I could give each of you ladies a high five for nursing!

It's such an amazing start to their lives.

You ladies that are going strong at a year or more, keep it up! Don't let people discourage you. I work in the lactation field, and have for 7 years now. I am a HUGE breastfeeding advocate. Children get the benefits of breastmilk far past a year.

Here's a bit of interesting info:
Did you know that as your child gets older your body automatically puts more antibodies in your breast milk? This is because your body knows the child is getting older and that you may wean at any time, so we put more of the good stuff in that milk. So, they may not be nursing as often or getting the volume they did at 2 months old but they are getting all those great antibodies from you!
:thumbsup2. Thanks for posting & supporting :thumbsup2

This thread makes me so happy! I haven't nursed at WDW (yet), but last week I nursed all over Aulani. I nursed my daughter while floating down the lazy river in a tube and it was so relaxing for both of us :)

This thread makes me so happy! I haven't nursed at WDW (yet), but last week I nursed all over Aulani. I nursed my daughter while floating down the lazy river in a tube and it was so relaxing for both of us :)

That's great! Sounds like a great place to nurse! :goodvibes

:goodvibes:goodvibes

I love that this thread is still around!!! I first posted here 4 years ago! DS3 weaned last spring on his 4th birthday and no more babies, so no nursing at our next Disney trip. Always love to try to catch the eye of a nursing mom and smile though :) DS1 weaned at 2, DS2 at 3 and DS3 at 4. Wonderful, wonderful memories. Awesome job to all the mommas here for nursing for 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 2, 3, 4, 5 years. :cheer2:

Just joining, ladies! Nursing my 4th child who is just over a week old. I nursed my first to 9 months. My second and third both nursed over two years. I love the baby care facilities at the parks mainly because we typically travel in the summer and it gives me a cool place to sit for a while. That being said, I've nursed all over wdw and never gotten any strange looks. Keep up the good work!

What a great thread!
The baby care station is a nice place to get off my feet and have a comfy place to feed the baby.

We next go in December. DS will be 14 months, and I assume still nursing. :)
He's pretty distracted but is good about eating if he is truly hungry!

What a great thread! The baby care station is a nice place to get off my feet and have a comfy place to feed the baby. We next go in December. DS will be 14 months, and I assume still nursing. :) He's pretty distracted but is good about eating if he is truly hungry!

My baby gets distracted at home :( and with a limited supply of clean nipple shields it could be an issue :p

I found this thread last night googling "breastfeeding in Disney World", and I'm so glad I did! I must have read 30 pages and the support just emanates from this group. I was all teary-eyed!

I just had my 3rd baby last month. My other kids are 11 and 13, so it's been a while since I've done this baby thing.

I lived in NC and was a WDW AP holder for several years, then moved to California and was a Disneyland AP holder for several more years, and then we just moved to Florida over the summer, and now I'm a WDW AP holder again. So I'm a pro at touring the parks, but I have NEVER done it with a nursing baby before. My first 2 babies were formula fed. I am TERRIFIED!

We are taking our first post-baby trip next week and I'm having so much anxiety about it. My baby will be 7 weeks old, and she nurses around the clock. I'm not very coordinated at the nursing in public thing yet. I am one of those breastfeeding newbies who packs a bottle of expressed milk when we go out in public, or I run to the car and "hide". I think a lot of my problem is that my baby can be a very "fussy" nurser sometimes. If she has a gas bubble, she'll start wailing and going absolutely frantic, latching on and off, leaving me totally exposed to the world (and of course, her screaming causes everyone to stare, which makes it worse).

So I'm trying to figure out how to manage this trip next week. Should I attempt to tote around frozen breastmilk in a cooler? We have a portable bottle warmer so I could warm it up as needed, but I have no idea how long I could keep it frozen in the Florida heat. I think I'd just die if it all came defrosted during the day and I had to dump it. The other problem, of course, is I can't miss more than 1 feeding in a row or I'll be in a lot of pain. I definitely don't feel like carrying a pump around with me. I'm hoping that between the dark rides, shows, and restaurants, I can get enough nursing sessions in that she won't end up hungry in an awkward spot where I'd need to use a bottle, but I'd like to have a couple on hand just in case.

My other worry is how I'm supposed to lug this baby around when the stroller is parked. She's a newborn, but she's still heavy (over 10 pounds). She likes being in the mei tai carrier at home, but even in the A/C, we both end up completely drenched in sweat within minutes. I know I would not be able to wear her around Disney without dying. Even when I'm carrying her in my arms, I get so overheated.

I feel like this is going to be a very challenging trip, so I'm open to any advice on how to do Disney with a newborn in the heat. Thankfully, we go so frequently it doesn't really matter how much of the parks we actually end up seeing. Just a couple rides a day is fine.

Hi everyone! I will be going to WDW in May and bring my LO for the first time. He will be 6 months. I will be mostly BF but also pumping for when I go to work (part time, so 1-2 pump sessions daily). He will also just starting to try solids.
:goodvibes
Did anyone bring their pump or did you EBF while on vacation?

pixie08 said:
Hi everyone! I will be going to WDW in May and bring my LO for the first time. He will be 6 months. I will be mostly BF but also pumping for when I go to work (part time, so 1-2 pump sessions daily). He will also just starting to try solids.
:goodvibes
Did anyone bring their pump or did you EBF while on vacation?

I had to exclusively pump for DD, as she could not suck.adequately to get milk, and we went to Disney during that time. I posted links to my experience a few posts back....I'm.on my phone right now, but when I get to my computer I can post those again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter