Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to order a mini-castle cake for Mom for our first night's ADR at Citrico's since we're both celebrating birthdays.

Two questions:

1- Will they write happy birthday on the plate (or something personalized along those lines) for the mini-castle?

2- Do you get to choose from different flavors of cake and/ or frosting?

Does anyone know the price for the flutes and the toast?

The champagne flutes are not free anymore. They and a champagne toast are around $15. My DH ordered this but they forgot to being it out so they gave us the champagne flutes wrapped up and, nicely, didn't charge for them.

They have a free cupcake and they decorate the table, that is it for the free special items. Gotta make and purchase your own magic, I'm afraid!

from earlier in the thread but call CRT to confirm.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a custom Disney birthday cake delivered to The Rainforest Cafe in AK? We have ADR for Dec. 30 and will be celebrating a 16 year olds birthday. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Maine Bella

For our Oct 07 Disney trip, my husband surprised me with the mini castle cake delivered to our room.
I think I'm going to order a mini-castle cake for Mom for our first night's ADR at Citrico's since we're both celebrating birthdays.

Two questions:

1- Will they write happy birthday on the plate (or something personalized along those lines) for the mini-castle? They did right personalized the plate with Happy Birthday and my name...Cake was yummy

2- Do you get to choose from different flavors of cake and/ or frosting? He did not get to choose flavors.

We ate at Citrico's one night...he did note it was my birthday and Citrico's had a special dessert for me...it was better than cake...sorry I don't have a picture but the restaurant went all out with my dessert.

I hope this helps and have a wonderful trip

I talked to the manager at CRT today and she said that the champagne flutes are no longer available but they do offer to do toasts at $7/ person

We will be staying in DTD area for a short trip,(No Theme parks) a family event nd have extented our trip for an extra day to celebrate my best friends dd's 8th B-day, We will start the day at Boma's for Breakfast and maybe a walk to see the animals, Then Minigolf and for the evening I have ADR"S at Spoodles for Dinner, I would love to order my godaughter a special cake. My question is Can I just go inot the Bakery at the Boardwalk and get her a cake there. Will the allow me to take the cake inot Spoodles or do I have to order it and get it Delivered....also I have never been inside the Bakery, can Anyone tel me What types of Cakes or small deserts they have? Do they sell the Small Caslte cake there.....Any help Would be greatly appreciated....Our Time frame is July 20th, so I am getting a little anxious. I had a cake for my Birthday last year at Chef's Mickeys last and it was the one you ordered at the podium the one that cost 12.50, it was frozen and was not edible, but had to pay for it anyway, would hate for this to happen to us again.....
Thanks so much for you help....

Tink215

i would believe that you would need to order the cake and get it delivered. Also if you order and get it customized - I don't think it would be frozen.
Since you are going to DTD have you thought about getting something at Goofy's candy shop ( not sure if they have cakes )

I requested a cake for DSs 9th birthday at WC. They told me it would be a 6 inch cake for $15 (I think). Does anyone have a picture or description of the 6 inch cake? Are they any good or should I order a different cake for him? If I should order a cake, where would I order it from to have at WC with dinner?

Thanks! :cake:

Anyone? :confused3 :worried:

I talked to the manager at CRT today and she said that the champagne flutes are no longer available but they do offer to do toasts at $7/ person

But you cannot the glass the toast came in? Because the price is the same as when you got to keep the flutes. :confused3

jeep. how awful that news is lol

What does just the toast consist of? Did she say? What are you paying for just a glass of something???

So disappointing if thats the case because I was going to try to do these when DH and I celebrate our anniversary with dinner there.

:offtopic: Has anyone seen the GF chocolate box that i think you can get delivered to your GF room? I tried to look for it but havent found info or pics on it.

Any help would be great thanks

Has anyone had Disney do a Minnie Mouse cake that had a white chocolate Minnie topper that was "painted"? The Beach Club chef offered to paint the Minnie topper so she would be wearing her red polka dotted dress. The sounds really cute but I was wondering if anyone had done this or seen a picture of it. I looked through the old Cake board but didn't see anything.

The WL bakery would make the cake and that sounds like the standard white/chocolate cake with white frosting to me. That cake is not personalized Thay also have a 10 inch cake for around $45 they do that only comes with sugar flowers. I have never eaten there, but there are plenty pictures of them on the Cake thread version 1.

Has anyone had Disney do a Minnie Mouse cake that had a white chocolate Minnie topper that was "painted"? The Beach Club chef offered to paint the Minnie topper so she would be wearing her red polka dotted dress. The sounds really cute but I was wondering if anyone had done this or seen a picture of it. I looked through the old Cake board but didn't see anything.
I have only seen the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie. The red and white dress sounds adorable, though. I wonder how much they would charge for that?

I can tell you that WL does customized cakes. I'm ordering one soon, note in my case I can not have dairy. Also you can ask to speak with a chef I believe.

We leave in 20 days and I'm ordring a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. I'm going to pick it up when we get there. Is it still too early to order?

Here are the pics of our cake delivered to OKW. It was a 10 inch vanilla cake, vanilla butter cream and white chocolate mousse filling. It was $40 + tax.

Disney087.jpg

Disney089.jpg

Disney093.jpg

We leave in 20 days and I'm ordring a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. I'm going to pick it up when we get there. Is it still too early to order?

All bakeries say that you should order a cake no earlier than 2 weeks before you need it.

:offtopic: Has anyone seen the GF chocolate box that i think you can get delivered to your GF room? I tried to look for it but havent found info or pics on it.

Any help would be great thanks

Lilmattie-

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the GF chocolate box, but have received one twice when staying concierge there. I can tell you the box is beautiful and the chocolates are yummy! I do think it is a unique presentation. If memory serves (someone please correct me if I am wrong since it has been about 2 or 3 years since I last received one) the box is about 8" long by maybe 6" wide with an edible image of the resort on the front.

I know this isn't much, but I hope it helps.

Also, please go over to the GF FAQ and ask if someone has a pic they could share. That is a very nice and knowledgable bunch that could probably help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter