Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How early should you place an order for a cake? I don't want the order to get "lost" so I don't want to place the order too soon. Thanks!

How early should you place an order for a cake? I don't want the order to get "lost" so I don't want to place the order too soon. Thanks!

hey there!

They say they only need 48 hours notice but if it's a fancy cake (like the ones from the GF), I'd probably call a week before I left for the trip. If you call too early, it can and sometimes does, get lost.

I also would remind them at the podium.

hey there!

They say they only need 48 hours notice but if it's a fancy cake (like the ones from the GF), I'd probably call a week before I left for the trip. If you call too early, it can and sometimes does, get lost.

I also would remind them at the podium.

Hey! Thank you!!!

I would love to see a pic of the zebra striped cake from AKL if anyone has one. I have 2 boys who LOVE zebras and we'll be celebrating birthdays while we're there.

I looked through a bunch of the old thread but didn't see a pic of this cake

Can we pretty please see more cake pictures??????? I know there are several on the old thread but I am really interested in the photos. No offense to those asking questions and such but......

I would as you do not know what they are going to do special for you. I believe what they have done in the past is give two champange like glasses (but there is no alcohol in the magic kingdom, so I am not sure what they serve in them or if the just give them to you in a wrapped box).

The champagne flutes are not free anymore. They and a champagne toast are around $15. My DH ordered this but they forgot to being it out so they gave us the champagne flutes wrapped up and, nicely, didn't charge for them.

They have a free cupcake and they decorate the table, that is it for the free special items. Gotta make and purchase your own magic, I'm afraid!

Hi we will be going to CRT for dinner in Sept to celebrate out 7th wedding anniversary.
Can't wait because the trip is the first one without the children.
Has anyone had dinner at the CRT? I have had lunch before but never dinner so we are wondering how it will be. Its been a few years since we have been there.
I am going to order the slipper dessert but was thinking the flutes with the champagne would be so nice. Is this something I can do when I place my order for the dessert?
Is it best to call CRT directly when placing this order?
Thanks in advance for all your help. These boards are so wonderful and so helpful. I am so addicted to them lol::yes::

Have disney dining note it on your ADR you are celebrating your anniversary. A lot of times, they will give you the flute glasses as a "gift" for those celebrating anniversaries. From what I understand, the Fairy God mother asks if anyone is celebrating anything during dinner and you can raise your hand and announce you are celebrating your anniversary. Not sure if you will get anything. Oh yes, please note that your note on your ADR is just that. You may or may not get anything extra. Fars I know the flute glasses arent for sale.

Hi we will be going to CRT for dinner in Sept to celebrate out 7th wedding anniversary.
Has anyone had dinner at the CRT? I have had lunch before but never dinner so we are wondering how it will be. Its been a few years since we have been there.
I am going to order the slipper dessert but was thinking the flutes with the champagne would be so nice. Is this something I can do when I place my order for the dessert?
Thanks in advance for all your help. These boards are so wonderful and so helpful. I am so addicted to them lol::yes::

Yes, ordering the champagne toast when you order the slipper dessert is a perfect time. As I stated, contrary to the pp, they are indeed for sale or so my DH was told. Things can change and do but this was 9/07.

We are trying CRT's dinner for the first time ever this trip too. Hoping it's a fun place to celebrate an anniversary! Last year we did the last breakfast seating and it was magical. DH surprised me with an engraved glass slipper, the slipper dessert and, as I said above, the flutes ... :hug: I don't think it can be topped!

Can we pretty please see more cake pictures??????? I know there are several on the old thread but I am really interested in the photos. No offense to those asking questions and such but......

What i'd love is to have one thread that is totally dedicated to cake photos. Each photo would also include brief info like:
  • type of cake/icing/filling
  • how it tasted
That would make it easy to locate cake ideas and then we could use this thread to ask & answer questions. I still find myself going back to the earlier thread and flipping through some of the 256 pages to find cake ideas.

Anyway that's my wish list.
cheers!

You cannot have champagne in the flutes at CRT... they don't serve any alcohol anywhere in the Magic Kingdom!

Sorry!

I would love to see a pic of the zebra striped cake from AKL if anyone has one. I have 2 boys who LOVE zebras and we'll be celebrating birthdays while we're there.

I looked through a bunch of the old thread but didn't see a pic of this cake

Found these pics for you. Hope it helps.:goodvibes
Linda

Old cake thread.:
Page 177...post 2654
Page 183...post 2733
Page 240...post 3595

What i'd love is to have one thread that is totally dedicated to cake photos. Each photo would also include brief info like:
  • how it tasted
That would make it easy to locate cake ideas and then we could use this thread to ask & answer questions. I still find myself going back to the earlier thread and flipping through some of the 256 pages to find cake ideas.

cheers!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

My thoughts exactly! I would love one where folks could do the chitchat back and forth but also just a listing of them with stats as well. :thumbsup2

• how it tasted

cheers!

yeah, that would be great but it would be a lot of work for whomever was up to the challenge.

• how it tasted

cheers!

I fully agree.. this would be awesome! btw, I just found this thread and LOVE it! I had never had a disney cake before until I got married there and our wedding cake was devine! The bottom layer was chocolate with raspberry creme (or whatever they fill it with) - my husband picked those flavors... and the top layer was almond cake with amaretto cream/filling. Sooooo good. probably the best cake I've ever had!

now I want to order a surprise cake for my family on our december trip!

Do most restaurants have some type of a cake for celebrations? I was wondering about Cali Grille.

Thanks bunches!!!
:cutie:

Jenjersnap, what were they going to serve you in the flutes?
I think you said they gave them to you wrapped at the end because they forgot, but what were they going to put in them for a toast if there is no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom?

I am so confused lol :confused: I plan on asking for them anyhow when I book for the slipper dessert, even if they are filled with soda it would be nice to toast out anniversary in the castle it would so add to the magic :hug:

I love seeing cake pics too. I find myself going back and looking through the old threads. It gets to be addictive. I was up one night until after 1 a.m. looking through old threads :eek:

Jenjersnap, what were they going to serve you in the flutes?
I think you said they gave them to you wrapped at the end because they forgot, but what were they going to put in them for a toast if there is no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom?

I believe it was going to be sparkling apple cider but as I mentioned we never actually got the toast itself, just the wrapped glasses. They do call it a "champagne toast" though. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter