Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice I have tried to call AKL to inquire about strawberries to be delivered to our room for my daughter's 18th birthday. The first time, I was told I needed to talk with the Disney Florist for that. The second time, I was transferred to a "Birthday Hotline" which did no good. When I call the Cake Hotline, it is for specific restaurants. Should I call back again to the direct AKL number and ask for private dining? This is getting very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Twice I have tried to call AKL to inquire about strawberries to be delivered to our room for my daughter's 18th birthday. The first time, I was told I needed to talk with the Disney Florist for that. The second time, I was transferred to a "Birthday Hotline" which did no good. When I call the Cake Hotline, it is for specific restaurants. Should I call back again to the direct AKL number and ask for private dining? This is getting very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

When I ordered the strawberries for my room I spoke with private dining...

Thanks so much! I'll call the main number and ask for private dining.

Has anyone ever order a Minnie head cake at Crystal Palace? If so, can you post the pic. Minnie was one on the old thread but it was from 1900 PF and was done all in piping and the CP said they don't that. I guess I could just order the Mickey head cake and have them add eyelashes and a bow.

Does anyone have a picture of the mini castle cakes? Is that the one with the white chocolate topper?

47b5dd22b3127cce98548c208fbd00000017108AatnDNy3aMx

My best friend and I went to WDW in May to celebrate our 40th birthdays. My mom knew I had a reservation at 1900 Park Faire on my actual birthday and called to have a cake delivered. She paid via credit card over the phone. I never got my cake!!!! I talked to her two nights later and she asked how the cake was. Boy, was she ever upset! She called the manager at the GF Bakery the next day who was very apologetic. The order was there, the cake was there, no idea why it never got to me. At any rate, they delivered it to my room and refunded my Mom's money.

Here is the cake:
ry%3D300

wow, sorry they messed up your castle cake order! (and the surprise from your mother!) - good they made good by delivering it to your room and refunding the price - lovely photo!

what filling did you have?

What do you think would be best. Have a cake delivered to our room at the Poly on our actual aniversary or get one delivered at 1900 Park Fare the first night of our trip? I have never ordered a cake before so have no idea. Does the Grand Floridian do a better job?
Plus how many people will the castle cake serve?

Thanks

What do you think would be best. Have a cake delivered to our room at the Poly on our actual aniversary or get one delivered at 1900 Park Fare the first night of our trip? I have never ordered a cake before so have no idea. Does the Grand Floridian do a better job?
Plus how many people will the castle cake serve?

Thanks

The Poly is more limited in their bakery services than the GF. Not to say they don't make a good cake but they may not be able to do anything your heart desires in terms of flavors decoration.

That said, I don't want to drag leftovers to the room so we always choose in room delivery.

That's why I decided to pick up my castle cake at the Boardwalk bakery, that way I don't have to worry about them forgetting it.

We will be staying at the Pop Century in September for our son's 8th birthday. Could anyone tell me what the cakes are like from Pop Century? or Do the other resorts deliver to Pop?

I ordered a cake for friends a Pop last November. Since I was there the weekend they were scheduled to arrive, I waited until I got there to place the order. Went to the food court and asked for the chef. She took down all the information from me (ordered a 10 inch cake, with a choice of cake, icing and filling, along with having it say "Happy 25th Anniversary Angela and Larry") and it was delivered to their room the date I requested. They said it was awesome!

Oops! Forgot to post a picture of the cake delivered to my friends' room at Pop Century. They are chocolate lovers, so this cake is total chocolate! Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and chocolate filling!

ry%3D300

wow, sorry they messed up your castle cake order! (and the surprise from your mother!) - good they made good by delivering it to your room and refunding the price - lovely photo!

what filling did you have?

I really have no idea what the filling was, I almost didn't realize it was there. It was very thick, and just about the same color as the white cake. I'm thinking it was some sort of custard.

I just spoke to Chef Mickey's about ordering a cake for DH's 40th in 2 wks. They said they only had 2 options for the 6 in cake- either a general cake w/ inscription or a digital image of Mickey. Does anyone have a picture of the Mickey cake? TIA

I want an extra special cake for my daughters bithday at CRT dinner (hopefully) 12/29. Does anyone know what my limitations are?

Ok, no one delivers to Pop. Does anyone have any pictures of cakes that they have ordered at Liberty Tavern, Prime Time Cafe, Biergarten or Tokyo Dining? We will be dining at all of the above locations and are looking for the best place to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. I would like to be able to get a cake that looks different from a normal grocery store cake. So any help would be appreciated!:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter