Official Avengers Super Hero Half Marathon Weekend 2014 Thread!

I'm Sarah and my husband and I will be running this half!

We ran the Princess Half in 2013 and I loved it!

We have never been to Disneyland and I'm so nervous about getting around. I'm a big Disney World fan (been there too many times).

Just booked our hotel at the Menage (better price) and I am just giddy that it is done!

YAY!

I'm right there with you. Being an expert at WDW doesn't mean you can get around Dland easily. I worked there in 1991, but it's a whole different animal now! I actually went to get the guidebook but did not find one in the bookstore? I'm off to find a good Dland park thread now...

I'm doing the 1/2 and the 5K. Nice to see you all here!

I'm so bummed that I had to start my account over since I moved and changed email accounts and forgot the old password :mad: So, if anyone remembers me from the Princess 1/2 threads (and poly and WL), I'm the same old "Sherekhan" with a brand new "1" at the end now! :cheer2:

-Sherekhan1

That happened to me once. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and contact the Disboards. They will email your password and you should be back to your old account!

I'm right there with you. Being an expert at WDW doesn't mean you can get around Dland easily. I worked there in 1991, but it's a whole different animal now! I actually went to get the guidebook but did not find one in the bookstore? I'm off to find a good Dland park thread now...

I've been looking for tips on how to go through the parks and where to eat and what fast passes to snag on message boards and blogs for a while now. I hope Christmas will be up for the race!!!

I'm also at a loss for what our celebration meal should be at?

Where are you all planning on celebrating after the race?

*Side note - I have holding a 12 min mile for longer distances recently and I so desperately want to rock this race time (just to beat my Princess Half time).

I've been looking for tips on how to go through the parks and where to eat and what fast passes to snag on message boards and blogs for a while now. I hope Christmas will be up for the race!!! I'm also at a loss for what our celebration meal should be at? Where are you all planning on celebrating after the race? *Side note - I have holding a 12 min mile for longer distances recently and I so desperately want to rock this race time (just to beat my Princess Half time).

Our official favorite post race breakfast is Storytellers. Yummy brunch or order off the menu. We don't even have kids, but the character interaction is still always great.

I've been looking for tips on how to go through the parks and where to eat and what fast passes to snag on message boards and blogs for a while now. I hope Christmas will be up for the race!!!

*Side note - I have holding a 12 min mile for longer distances recently and I so desperately want to rock this race time (just to beat my Princess Half time).

The first time I did Tink we went to Minnie and Friends breakfast and that was fun. I got lots of pics with characters while wearing my medal that way. This year at Tink I did breakfast at the hotel and then met some friends for lunch at Carthay Circle which was enjoyable in a different way. No idea what I'll do for Avengers yet.

I've been looking for tips on how to go through the parks and where to eat and what fast passes to snag on message boards and blogs for a while now. I hope Christmas will be up for the race!!! I'm also at a loss for what our celebration meal should be at? Where are you all planning on celebrating after the race? *Side note - I have holding a 12 min mile for longer distances recently and I so desperately want to rock this race time (just to beat my Princess Half time).

I have done Minnie and friends, Goofy's Kitchen and Mickey's Surfing buffet ( in PPH, not sure of the real name) and they are all fantastic. Each one as some specialties so just depends on what you will be craving because the quality is about the same at all of them!

for Tink we ate at Big Thunder Ranch, it was so good! Everyone in our group loved it! Book early though!

I think for a celebration meal, assuming we can get a reservation, we will be doing Blue Bayou.

Can anyone give advice for flying home (to MD) the next weekend, which is the weekend before Thanksgiving? We plan to stay in LA visiting with our son.

We plan to arrive the Friday before the race - hopefully we won't have any trouble getting to the EXPO and picking up our bibs on Friday afternoon or Saturday, depending.

I am thinking we will leave LA the following Friday or Saturday. Do you think Friday will be better since Thanksgiving crowds may start on Saturday? I'd love to stay one more day, but it may not be worth it.

I haven't travelled by plane during Thanksgiving before. Any advice?

I have done Minnie and friends, Goofy's Kitchen and Mickey's Surfing buffet ( in PPH, not sure of the real name) and they are all fantastic. Each one as some specialties so just depends on what you will be craving because the quality is about the same at all of them!

Surf's Up breakfast at PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel. :)

I couldn't eat more than the mini croissants at Minnie's. At Goofy's I found little more. Both places make their scrambled eggs in some weird egg products/boil-in-a-bag way, and I cannot eat those. We're vegetarian so the meats on the menu don't work. DH and DS loved the mac&cheese pizza at Goofy's but I felt no need to even try that. But at Surf's Up they have freshly made huevos rancheros that just made my year. It's all I ate the last time we were there. :)

It would be such a special treat to see Christmas there. I agree!

Big Thunder is very tempting because I know it's a crowd pleaser with my family and all-you-care-to-shove-into-your-post-race-gullet :)

good luck with your PR goal!

My friend wrote a book about DL! 101 disneyland tips. It's on Amazon- great info for first timers!

So we decided to stay at Desert Inn and Suites. Stayed there back in 2008 and loved the quick access to the parks. Also like that the pool and hot tub are *indoors* so even if it's chilly we can still get in a swim and soak for awhile.

There were no regular rooms left; we have a parlor suite. My daughter can sleep on the sofabed in the living room then if she thinks I'm snoring too loud! :rotfl:

So we decided to stay at Desert Inn and Suites. Stayed there back in 2008 and loved the quick access to the parks. Also like that the pool and hot tub are *indoors* so even if it's chilly we can still get in a swim and soak for awhile.

There were no regular rooms left; we have a parlor suite. My daughter can sleep on the sofabed in the living room then if she thinks I'm snoring too loud! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds reminiscent of my childhood.

This is my first half-marathon. Actually this is the first time I'm running without people chasing me. I've never liked running but my friend Cindy is now addicted to these runs. I saw the medals, coveted them and now I'm going to run over 13 miles!

The scary thing, as I've been whipping my sagging behind into shape, I'm actually starting to enjoy this. I'm still dying, don't get me wrong but not only am I not totally dying after my 2 mile run/walk today I actually was disapointed that I'm not running tomorrow.

One of these days I will be one of those people who can run and make it look effortless. One of these days I will get to experience the runner's high. And of course, I want that medal!!!

This is my first half-marathon. Actually this is the first time I'm running without people chasing me. I've never liked running but my friend Cindy is now addicted to these runs. I saw the medals, coveted them and now I'm going to run over 13 miles!

The scary thing, as I've been whipping my sagging behind into shape, I'm actually starting to enjoy this. I'm still dying, don't get me wrong but not only am I not totally dying after my 2 mile run/walk today I actually was disapointed that I'm not running tomorrow.

One of these days I will be one of those people who can run and make it look effortless. One of these days I will get to experience the runner's high. And of course, I want that medal!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of running! You picked a great place to run your first half marathon!

If you are enjoying running already, and even missing running on your days off, you may find that once you achieve that goal of the "effortless" run, you then begin desiring the hard-effort run again (and so might advance your mileage or your time goal). Good luck on the (running) road ahead :)

Hi Everyone! I'm in for the half in November. Did Goofy in January and this is my chance at getting a Coast to Coast medal. :)

I keep checking the rundisney site and there still isn't a training plan listed for the Avengers Half. I guess if one isn't posted anytime soon, I can use the Wine and Dine 1/2 training plan and adjust it by a week?

I saw that the 2015 Glass Slipper Challenge plan was posted (planning on signing up for that one as well), so I assumed the Avengers one would be. :confused3

My name is already on the list of those running the Avengers 1/2, but I wanted to mention this also included my husband as we run these together. Very excited that this race was announced as we had written off the Coast to Coast for this year, and this gave us one last option! Plus its been several years since we have been to DL, so its time to go back (right before WWOC opened was last time).

We are staying at the Best Western Plus too.

When we registered I clicked we qualified for Coast to Coast does anyone know if there is anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter