Official Avengers Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread

Aaagh, missed it! Does anyone know if I can add the info later?

There was nothing to check for early registration. A cast member was consulted and said that they would automatically put you in C2C if you qualify. But definitely call and double check.

There was nothing to check for early registration. A cast member was consulted and said that they would automatically put you in C2C if you qualify. But definitely call and double check.

Thanks for the info, I have looked back at my registration information for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge and I can't see where I would have added it. I will let it die down a little and get in contact with them.

I got in. I think I breezed through the C2C question and missed it. I'll have to check with RD staff and get that fixed since I'm doing both W&D and this...the next week. :teeth:

Oh god noo......

I'm signed up, but now it's just randomly declining to sign up my husband. I don't know if it's the foreign card, or what.

Arrrrrgh, is there a phone number?

Got DH in for the Challenge and we're both doing the 5k. Yay! Last year was so much fun, can't wait!

If you didn't check anything or see anything for Coast-to-Coast, it's ok. I also didn't have anything on two runs through the early registration a couple weeks ago, and I spoke with a runDisney rep who said they're going to an automatic process for those who qualify.

Another change, in case anyone notices, is that you do not provide proof-of-time information until May. All it is now in the registration process is a check box acknowledging their proof-of-time policies.

Now the only thing I haven't seen still is any kind of commemorative merchandise other than pins and necklaces... was really hoping to order a jacket if they had the option available, but I logged in and didn't see any offerings different from the early registration...

ETA: Disregard commemorative item note above -- the immediate link didn't work from runDisney page, but clicking the Commemorative Items option from the top bar took me to an active link that does have the commemorative jacket. Still sight unseen and still ~$91, but it's there if you want to pre-purchase!

Last edited:
Wow. The 10k is up to 75%. Was not expecting it to go faster than the challenge!

Oh god noo......

I'm signed up, but now it's just randomly declining to sign up my husband. I don't know if it's the foreign card, or what.

Arrrrrgh, is there a phone number?
I'm sure there is, but you may end up sitting on hold. Try again!! Different card?

Phew, my sister in law was awake registering, so we nabbed her card details.

This is so much more stressful when it's happening at 2 am.

Both registered for the challenge, no idea if DHs commemorative pin worked (I think he may have left the number he wanted at 0), but that's so minor compared to the race registration.

And sister in law is in for the half.

Awesome.

Runners Assemble!

Phew, my sister in law was awake registering, so we nabbed her card details.

This is so much more stressful when it's happening at 2 am.

Both registered for the challenge, no idea if DHs commemorative pin worked (I think he may have left the number he wanted at 0), but that's so minor compared to the race registration.

And sister in law is in for the half.

Awesome.

Runners Assemble!
Yay! Go back to bed! ;)

Disregard my comment on the commemorative jacket from my last post -- the link wasn't working from the runDisney page when it first comes up, but clicking it from the bar and the subsequent link does take you to a commemorative items option for purchase and there is a commemorative jacket.

It's still sight unseen and still around $91 after the fee, but after missing out on a couple other races, I'm hoping I won't regret the advanced purchase!

Disregard my comment on the commemorative jacket from my last post -- the link wasn't working from the runDisney page when it first comes up, but clicking it from the bar and the subsequent link does take you to a commemorative items option for purchase and there is a commemorative jacket.

It's still sight unseen and still around $91 after the fee, but after missing out on a couple other races, I'm hoping I won't regret the advanced purchase!

I got the black jacket last year and adore it.

But I'm not buying one sight unseen, because there are colours that I would not like.

That said, it is a lovely jacket, and a fantastic souvenir, and it's easier for me to be picky on account of, you know, already having one jacket.

I do hope they're still available at the expo, but if not, it's not the end of my world, so no jacket pre order for me.

I hope they're awesome for you though.

But I'm not buying one sight unseen, because there are colours that I would not like.

That said, it is a lovely jacket, and a fantastic souvenir, and it's easier for me to be picky on account of, you know, already having one jacket.
I heare ya -- but I'm on the other side of the equation having missed out before on a jacket! ;) I missed out on getting a Goofy jacket during Marathon Weekend this year -- did still manage to snag a marathon jacket -- so I wanted to at least know there was one less thing to stress about when visiting the expo this year.

Also -- I'm not sure if it's accurate or would be the case here -- from what I gathered earlier this year, it sounded like Star Wars had a pre-order jacket that differed from other jackets available for purchase at the expo. Either way, with the past experience of missing out and having had a separately terrible expo experience in Anaheim in 2013, a little more value for me in the risk of not seeing it first.

That is exactly how it looked right before Wine and Dine. Start refreshing about 10 minutes before noon. It became active about five minutes before noon. I was able to register me and DD for the 5K and me for the Half by 12:02.

Shout out to Keels, she's awesome getting these links for us!! :worship:

I'm not registering, but good luck everyone!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get in and register for the challenge. Hands kept shaking and couldn't type my info correct. Lol. Surprised that the 10k sold out first.

Gotta say, I'm pretty surprised right now that the Challenge hasn't been updated to sold out and there's been no update for the Half while the PASTA PARTY has been updated at 50% full. :confused3

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get in and register for the challenge. Hands kept shaking and couldn't type my info correct. Lol. Surprised that the 10k sold out first.

I was the same way for the Wine and Dine! lol

I'm surprised too...I thought the challenge would go first. Kids races are showing at 75% now too. Very strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter