****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

Just an FYI...you CAN book Rainforest through the Disneyland website.

We leave in 10 and we are packed. I am going with my girls, so they have picked a daily theme. It's going to be fun!

You can only book rainforest online for breakfast and lunch. You need to call for dinner.

I love the idea of a daily theme. My kids both dressed in black and white stripes on our spring break trip to Busch Gardens, and it was really easy to keep an eye on them. I think I'll try to colour code them for this trip. We have 2 sets of matching shirts for our whole family, so at least they'll match on those days.

Leaving in an hour for the airport!!!! Will be in the parks by 4 I'm hoping today with the Chefs Counter tonight at 8:30. Can't wait!!!!!

we're down to the last 2 weeks! It just doesn't feel real! My first Disney Parks experience ever...I don't think I've ever been this excited for anything?

Instead of carsLand tomorrow, heading to the ER for a suspected ear infection. Poor kid didn't have fun in the splash area of the monorail pool, has been irritable and clingy and now has developed a fever.

Poor thing, I hope if it is an ear infection that you get antibiotics and get it sorted out quickly. Having an ear infection is no fun and having one at DL is even less fun!
:figment:Hello Everyone! :figment:

I've been lurking on the boards for a little and finally decided to contribute! My boyfriend moved to SoCal five months ago for a new job position and I'm visiting him 8/12-8/17 and we'll be visiting DLR for just one day 8/13. We've both visited WDW many times but this will be the first time for DLR... I bet you can imagine how excited we are!!

My fondest Disney-related story my family tells is about my very first visit to WDW when my mom was seven months pregnant with me and I kicked the whole way through it's a small world. That attraction is still very dear to me and I'm looking forward to seeing the difference between the two coasts.

We plan on winging it through the park and trying to fit in as much magic as possible in our limited time. We have reservations at Blue Bayou and since I plan on disneybounding Tiana, we're trying to keep our eyes peeled for an appearance in New Orleans Square :teeth:

I'm excited to hear about everyone's upcoming trips and sharing my experience as well. If anyone has any tips to share, I'd love to hear it.

I'm currently doing a personal countdown on instagram until our visit and I used #AugDis15. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using the hashtag but I thought it was a great idea! I know I'm going to be uploading tons once we're in the park.

Welcome! I'll edit my last list and add you to it. Definitely make a list of your must-do attractions and hit them first!

Leaving in an hour for the airport!!!! Will be in the parks by 4 I'm hoping today with the Chefs Counter tonight at 8:30. Can't wait!!!!!

Have a wonderful time, especially at Napa Rose! I am *still* debating switching to the PPH so that DH and I can go back to the chef's counter. I just have to convince myself that it will be worth the extra $1500 CAD for the 5 days.:earseek:

I made our WOC reservations this morning, an early dinner at Carthay Circle so that we can watch the parade go by from the upper balcony but if we switch to staying onsite then I'll cancel that in favour of the Chef's Counter meal. I'm not sure DS will stay up late enough to see WOC since it is only on at 9:45 while we are there.

In checking on the Disneyland website, I noticed that HM is going to be closed while we are there, starting on our very first day August 24. I'm a little sad to miss this but since DS hates it only slightly less than he hates Splash, it's not a huge deal. In case anyone is going from August 24 onward, just be aware that HM will be closed until September 10.

:car::dumbo:Question of the week::dumbo::moped:

Do you enjoy packing or is this something you dread?
How early do you start packing?
Do you have any packing tips/strategies?
I don't mind packing because it means we are going on vacation! Now unpacking is a whole different story. I usually start making a pile of things other than clothes about a week before. Things like snacks, sunscreen, laundry soap (yes I plan to do a load or two on our non park day midweek). Then I start putting together clothes the day before we leave as I'm getting the laundry done. Last trip I packed a snack container for all of us for in our carryon bag. I put stuff in Tupperware containers so it didn't become a crumbled mess. I used to just throw bars and small bags of crackers in the kids backpacks then they would just end up smooshed so this helped with that problem.

Instead of carsLand tomorrow, heading to the ER for a suspected ear infection. Poor kid didn't have fun in the splash area of the monorail pool, has been irritable and clingy and now has developed a fever.
Oh no that's no fun I guess the positive thing is that if it is an ear infection the antibiotics should kick in pretty past and and he'll be back to the fun at DL! I hope you all get some pixie dust today, you really need it!

Things just clicked in to do a last minute trip the first week of August. Dates are still a bit fluid as I need to figure out accommodations. Just me and the younger "child".

Squee!!

Reservations in, dining reserved, tickets bought, packing now....We leave tomorrow. Disneyland by tomorrow afternoon!!!!

This was in the funny pages today in our local newspaper (and I was able to find it online).

familycircus1.gif
This pretty much sums up what our family trips are always like! There's another one from last week that I'm trying to find about the Tea Cups, but I may end up having to scan that one myself.

We've had a great first day so far. Flights were on time, room was ready when we arrived so we headed to Disneyland about 1:00. Took a few pictures and got fast passes for Indiana Jones. We did everything in New Orleans Square and Adventureland, plus Mickey and the Magical Map and Pinochio. We also had a wonderful Fantasmic dinner package at River Belle Terrace. The food and service were great. We got in line for our Fantasmic fast passes at 8:00 and got seats on the railing. We plan to stay at our Fantasmic seats to watch the fireworks and then find a place to watch the second Paint the Night.

I'm not a big fan of packing and tend to prokrastinate... We are leaving tomorrow (OMG OMG OMG!!!!), and I didn't pack until yesterday afternoon. One of my favorite strategies is to use a check list, handwrite things on it that I remember at the last moment, and then file old checklists for future trips. When getting ready for a trip, I usually find an old check list that's a perfect fit, with a few adjustments. I have old checklists for road trips (which I used this time) and for airplane rides, since the latter usually means packing lighter and leaving out a few things that would get us in trouble with airport security.

I don't think I made the August list yet:
Aug 4-Aug 9 in the DLH, Aug 5-Aug 7 in the parks.

I don't think I made the August list yet:
Aug 4-Aug 9 in the DLH, Aug 5-Aug 7 in the parks.

Yup, you're on the list, 3rd name under August 4th!

August 1
amyg1975 Aug 1-2
cgh Aug 1-6 DLH

August 2
j2thomason Aug 2-6 Camelot
momof4fans Aug 2-8 Park Vue Inn
gerilyne Aug 2-8
Mama Mia Aug 2-8 Courtyard Irvine

August 3
Pixie Dust x3 Aug 3-4 Candy Cane Inn
beachdreamr1229 Aug 3-5 HOJO
auteur55 Aug 2-6 DLH
Disneyanajc Aug 3-7 PPH

August 4
rentayenta Aug 4-7 Anaheim Hilton/Seal Beach
sc426 Aug 4-7 GCH (Leader of the Band)
NorthernCalMom Aug 4-9 DLH
Limace Aug 4-11 Springhill Convention Centre

August 5

August 6
alchrismom Aug 6-10

August 7
Winnowill Aug 7-12

August 8
pamcarey Aug 8-16
jessicalynn88 Aug 8-14

August 9
Elk Grove Chris Aug 9-11 Carousel Inn
kindra657 Aug 9-12
czmom Aug 9-14 VGC
vkandrew Aug 9-14 DI&S
jkolkemo Aug 9-16
PatMcDuck Aug 9-16 GCH/PP split

August 10

coloredimage Aug 10-13
Luv_Tink Aug 10-14
Sjwillia Aug 10-14 Best Western Park Place Inn
jlyanks85 Aug 10-15 DLH
DLSean22 - Aug 10-15 PVI
Halloweenqueen Aug 10-17 Desert Inn

August 11
jhoannam Aug 11-13 Castle Inn
nana50 Aug 11-13 Sheraton
PrncessA Aug 11-13 Desert Palms
AnnMarBill Aug 11-15
DisTXMom Aug 11-16 DLH
Rubygoose Aug 11-19 HOJO/GCH

August 12
dbuckho Aug 12-15 DLH
sharksfinatic17 Aug 12-16
CynthiaC925 Aug 12-17 Hyatt

August 13
jewdmeister Aug 13
audrey2580 Aug 13-15 GCH
woodlygrrl Aig 13-15
PlutoJenn Aug 13-16 PVI
Missyrose Aug 13-17 Hilton Anaheim
Brumeiser Aug 13-17 Hilton Anaheim
+Rosetta+ Aug 13-17 Anabella

August 14
ScrtSolstice Aug 14-16
Pygmypuff07 Aug 14-21
Spunky946 Aug 14-21 Embassy Suites
tiffjoy Aug 14-23 CCI

August 15
bfost87 Aug 15-16 Marriott Suites
Karbase8 Aug 15-20 DLH
Golf4food Aug 15-21 HOJO/GCH

August 16
dorchrislen Aug 16-17 Hotel Menage
brianerickson Aug 16-19

August 17

August 18
Girlie1 Aug 18-22 VGC
Duckwife Aug 18-22 DI&S
michelle1177 Aug 18-24 Hojo

August 19
JustCallMeVee Aug 19-21 Ramada Maingate

August 20

August 21

heidica Aug 21-26 BWPPI

August 22
Dizzy4DL Aug 22-26 BW
marx Aug 22-26 GCH
jillyasu425 Aug 22-26 PPH
Imdboss Aug 22-28 Embassy Suites S
Joyful Disney Aug 22-28 Tropicana
Tinker1972 Aug 22-29 Tropicana
Rjmdds Aug 22-30 GCH

August 23
Cameo818 Aug 23-27 PPH
Aladora Aug 23-28 DI&S
pinky Aug 23-28 GCH
DnA2010 Aug 23-29 Desert Inn and Suites
wildflower329 Aug 23-29 Park Vue Inn

August 24

August 25
maryjeane Aug 25-29 Castle Inn

August 26
Michaisgood54 Aug 26-39 BW Inn & Suites
DaveNinja Aug 26-31
pattyduke34 Aug 26-31
Ckmommy72 Aug 26-Sep 2

August 27
theworldneedscolor Aug 27-28
Mickeybell Aug 27-31 PPH
buttercup14 Aug 27-31

August 28
mlnbabies Aug 28-30 Holiday Inn
DWillowBay Aug 28-Sep 4

August 29

August 30

August 31

Unknown dates:

ndpeirce
scubamouse
ixmnrs

Last edited:
:car::dumbo:Question of the week::dumbo::moped:

It's officially August! Some of us are leaving on our trips soon! (And some may have left already!) So, this week's QOTW is about packing:

I hate packing, I always feel like I'm forgetting something important. Since we are driving in our RV and this is the longest RV trip we've taken with the kids, packing is a little different than our usual vacations or even our usual camping trips. I have to plan out groceries, snacks, bedding, towels, etc. We won't have a spare vehicle either so I have to try and plan provisions for the entire 10 days.

I've been packing for a couple of weeks now. My strategy is always to have some totes, bags or boxes around the house in strategic places and I put in everything that I'm not currently using. Currently I have a duffle bag in my bedroom, a large collapsible tote bag in the kitchen and another in the living room. I work off of lists and am constantly updating them as needed. I also make lists for each of my girls that gives them a good outline of what clothes they need to pack, etc. Then I go through their choices and make suggestions if needed.

I'll be there with a couple friends for D23 and Park time 13-17 <3
Staying at the Anabella ^_^

For those of you who are there now, how are the crowds?

We start our drive on Friday! Only a few more days to keep the big secret from our younger two daughters. We'll tell them on Saturday probably when we cross the OR/CA border. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that our RV fridge gets fixed in time. We've been after our dealer to fix it since June and they supposedly just figured out the problem Friday and ordered the parts. Nothing like a little stress when I should be packing!

Please add me to the August list!!
We are celebrating our 28th anniversary at DLR! YAY! :love::love:

We are staying at PPH for the first time -- August 29 thru Sept 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter