****Official August 2015 Check-In Thread****

Only think we have reserved is BB F! package on 9th. Probably do Ralph Brennan's on 8th, arrival night, not going into parks.

I hope those of you heading out shortly will report back to the rest of us! We leave a week from tomorrow to start our drive! I've finally started packing some things and have lists galore to work from. Our two youngest daughters still do not know where we're headed and I can't decide how to reveal it to them.

There wasn't an August thread, that's true (probably because it's still 7 months away) -- but the place to look for any check-in thread is in the Meets sticky at the top of the page -- HERE. That will save you the trouble of combing through pages (although you can always use the Search feature to find something on the forum too). We'll add in the links to the Check-In threads as they begin, as long as we know the threads exist.

On this side of the board -- because DLR planning is a bit more casual than WDW planning -- often times we don't have check-in threads for certain months more than 3 or 4 months in advance. Also, on some occasions we might have someone lined up behind the scenes -- someone who asks us in advance if they can start and manage a specific thread -- who just hasn't gotten around to starting the thread yet.

But in this case, there was no August thread -- so I will add this thread's link to our Meets sticky right now!:)

I'm sorry to jump in, and I'm new to posting to the site, but I've been lurking the past few weeks and we are now planning our family trip to Disneyland in October 2015. Is there a check-in thread for it yet? This has been very helpful!

I'm sorry to jump in, and I'm new to posting to the site, but I've been lurking the past few weeks and we are now planning our family trip to Disneyland in October 2015. Is there a check-in thread for it yet? This has been very helpful!

There is not really a check-in thread as far as people planning meets and what not, but there is a general thread called "Going in October!" - http://www.disboards.com/threads/going-in-october.3398452/page-2 Quite a few people have posted there with their dates.

And, of course, there is the hoppin' Halloween Time at DLR Superthread with just about everything you need to know about Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party at DLR, including info on fall foods, merchandise, anything going on in Downtown Disney or at the hotels, photos, breaking news and rumors about the season, and lots of good info and discussions! Jump on in and join us any time (no need to read the whole thread, but page 1 is full of lots of info): http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...-is-finally-in.3270919/page-193#post-54141293

My family and I will be visiting the DLR August 19th to August 21st. We'll be staying at the Ramada Main Gate.

Myself along with my boyfriend will be together with my family for the first two days. The 3rd day it'll be just my boyfriend and I as we'll be celebrating our 2nd anniversary.

The first two days of our trip are extremely special and important. My niece's 5 year remission is August 20th. This year marks her finally being cancer free. We've been making this trip every year since her first remission year.

The cast members have done an exceptional job over the years in making the day very special for my niece. We are all firm believers in Disney magic.

This year I'm paying for everyone's breakfast at The Plaza Inn. This is where the Minnie and Friends breakfast is. After doing some research I found out that Captain Hook makes an appearance there. This is my niece's absolute favorite character. She's going to be surprised when we go as she has no idea that she gets to have breakfast here.

I'm just going to inwardly squeal a little bit and I know you all will understand our excitement. Only a few more days for us now! Can't wait. I'm starting to do the piles of laundry so I can start sorting out clothing for my children to pack. I hate packing, but it's so worth it! This will be our last vacation before my oldest son starts Kindergarten and while he knows we're going, he doesn't know we're staying at a hotel for 2 night this time. He is going to be so thrilled when he sees suitcases in the van on Monday morning.

Oh, my! I just realized I forgot to check in. We'll be driving down from SF on Tuesday, August 4 and back on Sunday, August 9. We'll be in the parks for three days, August 5 through 7. Saturday, August 8 is our "hang out by the pool most of the day and slowly mosey through Downtown Disney at some point" day, helping us recover from 3 intense park days, and also an opportunity to hopefully meet up with some dear Southern-Cal friends. The kids (two girls, 7 and 9) are extremely excited and are enjoying packing their little suitcases. My husband is attending a conference from the 6th through the 8th. He'll be in the parks with us on Aug 5 and during the evening of August 6, but the rest of the time it's just me and the kids. I'm in full planning mode. I am one of those compulsive over-preparers, sitting here on my computer with my kids' list of "must do"s, "ok to do"s, and "great if we get to ride this more than once"s, as well as the Touring Plan and Ridemax softwares, trying to find the perfect touring plan (if possible still leaving room to account for ride closures and other unexpected hitches). I have also periodically called OTTO to see how far away my planning programs are from the real thing. Yes, I know I'm crazy...
:crazy:
Edited to add: I forgot to mention that we'll be staying at the DLH.

Last edited:

What meals do you have planned for your upcoming trip?
Tue: Carl's Junior on the road at a rest stop halfway down. El Pollo Loco on our arrival evening.

Wed: Breakfast on the run (chocolate milk in cartons, fruit squeezes, granola bars, and sugar-free gum for afterwards) when walking down to the turnstile for the CA early admission. After hopping over to DLand around 10am and doing a few rides, Big Thunder Mountain Ranch BBQ. We have reservations for 11:30am (though the cast member with whom I talked said we wouldn't need any, if we're coming that early, I feel a bit safer this way). I am so excited about the BBQ. We have never done it before. Next year big sis will be 10 and, if I understand it correctly, would have to pay the adult price for the BBQ, so we figured this is the year to do it. Dinner: not sure yet, one of the counter service places in Adventureland (Bengal BBQ maybe?) or New Orleans Square, getting it to go so we have something to gnaw on while waiting for Fantasmic to start.

Thu: Breakfast on the run. Lunch at Plaza Inn. Dinner at Carnation Cafe (we have reservations).

Fri: Breakfast on the run. Lunch at Smokejumpers. Dinner probably Plaza Inn to go and wait at IASW for the parade.

Sat: Going down our list throughout the day:
Beignets at the Jazz Kitchen Express, Earl of SW, La Brea... whatever the kids feel like... trying to not schedule to much but play it by ear...

What meals do you have planned for your upcoming trip?

I try not to book too many meals, and I have found it's relatively easy to make reservations the day before or even morning of. I also decided to skip the F! dining, although it was tempting because I'm worried about seating, because it is just quite expensive with little girls who may or may not eat that much depending on their moods.

Saturday August 15 (first day in parks) - Plaza Inn breakfast
*considering moving my 9:30 reservation to 10:00 to allow more rides beforehand. Any opinions???

Sunday August 16 - Ariel's Grotto for lunch for DD5's birthday

Wednesday August 19 - Carnation Cafe lunch

Friday August 21 - Surf's Up breakfast

We will also do Storytellers for lunch or dinner sometime. We like taking a break from DCA and going there, and I've never waited that long without reservations (maybe 10 minutes). Also doing Rainforest Cafe with my oldest (youngest is scared of it, so DH will take her somewhere else :)) but haven't made reservations for that yet.

For CS, we will definitely do Paradise Garden Grill, French Market, and Hungry Bear.

Getting pretty excited... it's the last day of July, which means, tomorrow is August! Disney month!

This will be our 5th trip to Disneyland as a family, and our 6th Disney trip overall, and our second Disney trip this year! (We visited WDW in March.) My kids are pretty seasoned Disney Vets by now, but they were driving me crazy today asking me silly things like "Can I ride Buzz Lightyear with dad while you ride California screamin [with sister]?" And I've told them that we're starting off at California Adventure on our arrival evening and they both want to go to Mickey's house!? So, this morning I decided that we're going to have to work on figuring out and remembering which rides are at which parks, or they're going to drive me nuts before we even get there! On the way to skating camp, I was quizzing the kids, giving them a name of a ride and they had to tell me which park it's in. They did alright, but could use some practice. Maybe I should make flashcards!

If anyone is using instagram and is interesting in sharing their photos with us in the August forum, please use the hashtag #AugDis15 so that we can easily search for your photos. We did this last year using #Augdis and it worked really well. And if you want to look for me, I'm @KatiDidDisney on instagram.

9 days til we leave! And classic me, I'm still agonizing about our hotel choice. As mentioned earlier, we have one of the bunk bed rooms at the Springhill Convention Center, and I don't have any concerns about the hotel itself or its location. However, we have two younger kids, two of us, and two teens going-the hotel sleeps 7, so we are fine re beds, but I'm worried about a week with that many people and no separation of space. So I'm looking at a condo rental over in the Pepperwood area, right across from Disney Way. Any experience staying in that area.

I haven't seen any responses to your question about the condos in the Pepperwood area. We're staying there from August 8-16, but that won't help you. I'd be interested to hear what you decided.

Getting pretty excited... it's the last day of July, which means, tomorrow is August! Disney month!

This will be our 5th trip to Disneyland as a family, and our 6th Disney trip overall, and our second Disney trip this year! (We visited WDW in March.) My kids are pretty seasoned Disney Vets by now, but they were driving me crazy today asking me silly things like "Can I ride Buzz Lightyear with dad while you ride California screamin [with sister]?" And I've told them that we're starting off at California Adventure on our arrival evening and they both want to go to Mickey's house!? So, this morning I decided that we're going to have to work on figuring out and remembering which rides are at which parks, or they're going to drive me nuts before we even get there! On the way to skating camp, I was quizzing the kids, giving them a name of a ride and they had to tell me which park it's in. They did alright, but could use some practice. Maybe I should make flashcards!

That sounds like a fun game!

If anyone is using instagram and is interesting in sharing their photos with us in the August forum, please use the hashtag #AugDis15 so that we can easily search for your photos. We did this last year using #Augdis and it worked really well. And if you want to look for me, I'm @KatiDidDisney on instagram.

I'm in! I participated last year, and I'm still following everyone, too! :) It was a lot of fun!

I'm @equestrianesse. We are now AP holders, and will be going several months this year, so I'll have lots of Disney pictures!

I'm in too! Though you won't get mine till the very end of the month! I'm @buttercuplouise14 :)

Looks like we may need to cancel our trip :(

We have a studio at VGC 8/9-8/14 if anyone is interested...pm me. (Hope that's allowed!)

Happy travels everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter