***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we're here! Checked in at POR! :) So disappointed though because I requested a room in the Magnolia Bend mansions but they put us in Alligator Bayou :/. But it's still Disney so I'm trying to let it go lol! It's Disney and I will be happy!!!

Well we're here! Checked in at POR! :) So disappointed though because I requested a room in the Magnolia Bend mansions but they put us in Alligator Bayou :/. But it's still Disney so I'm trying to let it go lol! It's Disney and I will be happy!!!

Hmmm, I actually prefer Bayou, but since you like Mansions better, maybe you could ask them if you can move over there if something opens up.

Two more days ... less than 43 hours until our plane takes off from Buffalo! I'm going nuts trying to make sure I've remembered everything, constantly checking the weather forecast in case I need to pack different stuff, etc.

So excited. I just can't wait until my boys see the castle.

We are back to reality today :(

I took tomorrow off to recuperate from the drive. I'm so glad I did! Back to workTuesday. Boo!

The weather was great! 88-92 degrees every day very little rain. I do like it hot. It was a great vacation. Wish I could've stayed longer, but I'll be there again in July for the whole month.

Hope everyone has a great upcoming trip.

Seven more days :) I'm almost finished packing and I'm really excited. I can't wait to check in at Pop century. I really hope I get a room in the 50's building since I love that decade.

Well, tomorrow is THE day! :cool1:

Hitting the road around lunch time, hoping to make it to POP around 3:30-ish! :banana:

back to reality for me too today. :worried: I'm seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow because I am just SO dang tired, not to mention the mountain of laundry that needs to be done and the hundreds of photos I would like to upload.

I was dying to say this all week when I was posting from there but didn't want to jinx myself, lol. But after the past couple of months of the 4 of us suffering from all kinds of bugs/sickness/injuries, and all the sleepless nights I suffered worrying about what bad luck would befall us on our trip, I am happy to report that none of us had so much as a sniffle or a hangnail the entire time!! :thumbsup2

Well, actually, YDD did fall about 10 minutes after boarding the ship in the Nemo splash area and got a huge road rash type of scrape down her leg, but we bandaged it right up and she was fine.

I'm just now looking thru my Photopass photos and am bummed to notice right off the bat that at least 2 of our sessions are missing!! Merida & Jasmine/Aladdin (different days). Maybe even more but that's all I noticed right away. I got pics with my camera too so not a huge deal but I'm just peeved that I pay all that $$ and don't even get all the photos I should. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

I'm just now looking thru my Photopass photos and am bummed to notice right off the bat that at least 2 of our sessions are missing!! Merida & Jasmine/Aladdin (different days). Maybe even more but that's all I noticed right away. I got pics with my camera too so not a huge deal but I'm just peeved that I pay all that $$ and don't even get all the photos I should. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

That happened to me last time so I waited a day or two and then they appeared, but if they don't show up I know there's a process where you can describe what you were wearing in the pictures and things like that and they can find the pictures for you.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/skins/100147/forms/lost_photopass.aspx

Under "type of problem" choose Missing Photos from Account

I was a bit frustrated because there wasn't even a Photopass photog at the Merida meet and greet when we were there. We were the very first people of the day, but you would think that they would have been ready for us knowing that there is always a crazy long line.

We got back yesterday afternoon. Boy is it cold here! 41 right now after 90s all week ;) Our last day was a little chilly but it felt good after the heat. We loved our room/resort (POR) and "The plan" worked very well. We hardly had any lines at all. DH and DD rode EE and RnRC 5x each.
The one glitch was when TSMM broke down and closed while we were in line, then was still closed for our FP time. We asked them much later in the day if they would let us go through the FP line since it was broken during our time, and they did! Never hurts to ask :) We even got into BOG for lunch with no more than 10 minute wait. I must say their ordering system is not very efficient, but the food was yummy and came out quickly once we finally fought through the touchscreen. Dining room was really cool. We went about 11:15am.
Hope those still waiting to go have a wonderful time. I'll let you know when I get a trip report up.

back to reality for me too today. :worried: I'm seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow because I am just SO dang tired, not to mention the mountain of laundry that needs to be done and the hundreds of photos I would like to upload.

I was dying to say this all week when I was posting from there but didn't want to jinx myself, lol. But after the past couple of months of the 4 of us suffering from all kinds of bugs/sickness/injuries, and all the sleepless nights I suffered worrying about what bad luck would befall us on our trip, I am happy to report that none of us had so much as a sniffle or a hangnail the entire time!! :thumbsup2

Well, actually, YDD did fall about 10 minutes after boarding the ship in the Nemo splash area and got a huge road rash type of scrape down her leg, but we bandaged it right up and she was fine.

That happened to me last time so I waited a day or two and then they appeared, but if they don't show up I know there's a process where you can describe what you were wearing in the pictures and things like that and they can find the pictures for you.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/skins/100147/forms/lost_photopass.aspx

Under "type of problem" choose Missing Photos from Account

Yup. You can definitely request to have them added. They'll request you send them a group picture, and the closer you can get to the actual time, the better (so the time stamps on your own photos will help).

Yup. You can definitely request to have them added. They'll request you send them a group picture, and the closer you can get to the actual time, the better (so the time stamps on your own photos will help).

I filled out the requests but didnt attach a picture. I had a pretty tight estimate of the times and since they were with characters and not just random shots of us around the parks, i figure theyll be easy enough to find, assuming they came out and werent accidentally deleted or anything. I realized a 3rd session thats missing too (duffy at epcot). Having 3 missing sessions on different days in a 5 day period makes me wonder how often this happens

I spent all weekend on PhotoPass trying to make edits and borders before I downloaded everything. I hope it's all there...didn't occur to me to check, but it's too late for me now. I got my downloads last night. Hope you find yours!

I would love to say we didn't get sick, but sadly, we did. Bronchitis with 102 fever for me on day 3, urgent care that day. Sunburn for all of us, DD14 (yes, today is her birthday) got a nasty burn that left scars for her. :-( Bad mommy not reapplying sunscreen. The Florida sun is VERY strong compared to New England. We got sunburned after 2pm each time. Then DD10 throwing up on the escalator at the Contemporary on the way to Chef Mickey's. Not fun, but very short lived. Once we got home, DD14 threw up in her sleep.

Bottom line, we still had the most magical vacation and I wouldn't trade a week of health and gorgeous weather for our week in Disney...not not way, not no how. ;-)

We got back yesterday afternoon. Boy is it cold here! 41 right now after 90s all week ;) Our last day was a little chilly but it felt good after the heat. We loved our room/resort (POR) and "The plan" worked very well. We hardly had any lines at all. DH and DD rode EE and RnRC 5x each.
The one glitch was when TSMM broke down and closed while we were in line, then was still closed for our FP time. We asked them much later in the day if they would let us go through the FP line since it was broken during our time, and they did! Never hurts to ask :) We even got into BOG for lunch with no more than 10 minute wait. I must say their ordering system is not very efficient, but the food was yummy and came out quickly once we finally fought through the touchscreen. Dining room was really cool. We went about 11:15am.
Hope those still waiting to go have a wonderful time. I'll let you know when I get a trip report up.

It was HOT!! I definately wasn't expecting that. It felt like August not April lol. :)

so sad to be home, we had an excellent time!!!!!! Didn't love POR so we moved to POP early on in the trip, thank goodness! Food.. some excellent, some ok, and some Blah. We loved the weather, it feels freezing here at home now :sad1:

so sad to be home, we had an excellent time!!!!!! Didn't love POR so we moved to POP early on in the trip, thank goodness! Food.. some excellent, some ok, and some Blah. We loved the weather, it feels freezing here at home now :sad1:

What was your problem with POR?

I am staying there next week, but dont think I'll have the luxury of moving to a value with the influx of cheerleaders that are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter