***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Congratulations !! and wish you have a great trip !!
You gor an ADR at the Cellier ? thats awesome !!

Actually had two, one lunch and one dinner. But since the menu is the same all day, I cancelled lunch (which, of course, was on a different day). We've eaten there every trip, even the trip we planned in less than two months. Persistence is the key to getting an ADR there if you really want one.

Not me.....:sad:

Well, except for our ME stuff. This is the first time we've done a room only reservation and we don't get Mickey Mail for those I don't think....

Oh well I'll be excited for our ME stuff. :cheer2:

Well, actually all we got was our Magical Express stuff since we're in DVC. But it's better than nothing! It made me quite happy seeing "Contemporary Bay Lake" on the luggage tags. :goodvibes

51 days.....and it can't come soon enough!!!!

My kids very rarely get sick, but boy oh boy, my little one has been struck down. :sad:

She has had a fever since Saturday and is just plain miserable. Normally, DH would stay home with her because he gets oodles of sick time (separate from his vacation time) but he had a meeting today that he could not miss. So, I am off today with my sick little. :sad2:

I get 6 weeks of vacation time, but I hate to use it for sickness. :sad1:

44 days for us too! Trying to get excited about our resort change, but its a teeny bit tough:sad2:... everyone else is happy about it. Got to get myself on board:cheer2:

Well said!
this is exactly what I always say. We spend all year fixing and replacing and whether we go on vacation or not, it's going to continue on like this probably until we are in the ground. Lol. Might as well live a little and add some good memories.

51 days.....and it can't come soon enough!!!!

My kids very rarely get sick, but boy oh boy, my little one has been struck down. :sad:

She has had a fever since Saturday and is just plain miserable. Normally, DH would stay home with her because he gets oodles of sick time (separate from his vacation time) but he had a meeting today that he could not miss. So, I am off today with my sick little. :sad2:

I get 6 weeks of vacation time, but I hate to use it for sickness. :sad1:

That's too bad :( It's been going around like crazy this year. I have had it 3 times in 3 months and I am OVER it. Lol
On a side note, are you pleased as punch that we will be getting yet another foot of snow tomorrow? Lol. I mean I was so happy when it was up to the top of our fence, I just can't wait for it to absolutely destroy the fence. Haha

That's too bad :( It's been going around like crazy this year. I have had it 3 times in 3 months and I am OVER it. Lol
On a side note, are you pleased as punch that we will be getting yet another foot of snow tomorrow? Lol. I mean I was so happy when it was up to the top of our fence, I just can't wait for it to absolutely destroy the fence. Haha

Yeah, more snow.....:sad:

:faint:

Ugh-- we are in sickness he!! here too!!
My 5 year old has asthma and got an upper resp infection a week ago and it hit him hard. Worst he's ever been with his breathing. He missed an entire week of school( which isn't good considering I have to request 9 day vacation for April)
Then my 17 month old started with a cold then had a few days of fever/diarrhea/ viral rash all over his body. To top that off he had a complication with his circumcision ( tmi, sorry) yesterday and they had to do some gruesome stuff to it without numbing him and he has been sooo sad and miserable since yesterday. Diaper changes are literally a screaming war:(
I am so ready for spring/summer!!
I feel like we can't catch a break with all the germs!!

TJDisneymama said:
We're in the same boat house-wise. Lots of little things that need done since we'v e been here 11 years now, stuff is starting to go. A little tiny part of me (the un-fun,responsible part, lol) keeps thinking how we really should be spending this $ on the house, not vacation. BUT, then I think - I bust my butt working 3 jobs, am prone to depression (having an upcoming vacation is the best antidepressant in the world for me), and my kids are only young once; in 10-20-30 years would we look back and have fond memories of the new bathroom sink and/or tile backsplash in the kitchen? Is getting up every morning looking at new wall ovens going to keep the depression at bay? If i die next year, will i die happy that we spent all this $ on refinishing the floors? NO, NO, and NO!! Must keep the priorities in order.:smokin:

This sounds exactly like me! We need things here and there ( like a new driveway) and every year I have to listen to my entire family go on and on about how we don't need a vacation and how we need to focus on the things we need to get done. I always say you never know what can happen in your life. I want to enjoy it while I can. I want to enjoy these trips while my kids are young!! Me and hubby are only 28- we have years to fix up our house.. Etc
You only live once:) enjoy it!! Unfortunately no one around me sees it this way and I get an earful every year.
I could see if we were in debt, etc but we don't even have a credit card. So again, the driveway can wait!! There is nothing around the house that needs to be addressed this minute. So Disney it is!!:)

I could see if we were in debt, etc but we don't even have a credit card. So a:)

that's how I feel although we do have a bit of cc debt (emergencies like house or car repairs that we didn't have the money for) (probably didn't have it because we were planning a trip some where, lol), but I feel like as long as I pay for the trips in cash it's ok. If I was going crazy charging the trips, that would be a problem.

This sounds exactly like me! We need things here and there ( like a new driveway) and every year I have to listen to my entire family go on and on about how we don't need a vacation and how we need to focus on the things we need to get done. I always say you never know what can happen in your life. I want to enjoy it while I can. I want to enjoy these trips while my kids are young!! Me and hubby are only 28- we have years to fix up our house.. Etc
You only live once:) enjoy it!! Unfortunately no one around me sees it this way and I get an earful every year.
I could see if we were in debt, etc but we don't even have a credit card. So again, the driveway can wait!! There is nothing around the house that needs to be addressed this minute. So Disney it is!!:)
Lol. Us too! We also need a driveway, and also don't even have a credit card. That's why we are never too concerned with going on vacation. Maybe it would be different if we had debt.

TJDisneymama said:
that's how I feel although we do have a bit of cc debt (emergencies like house or car repairs that we didn't have the money for) (probably didn't have it because we were planning a trip some where, lol), but I feel like as long as I pay for the trips in cash it's ok. If I was going crazy charging the trips, that would be a problem.

Yea we always pay in cash as well- usually always with our tax return. I have to thank my hubby for the no cc debt. He's the responsible one in that area. If it were up to me wed prob have a Disney visa and go alot more! Haha

Yea we always pay in cash as well- usually always with our tax return. I have to thank my hubby for the no cc debt. He's the responsible one in that area. If it were up to me wed prob have a Disney visa and go alot more! Haha

I worked probably 200 Hrs of OT to pay for the trip this year. Otherwise we probably wouldnt have gone. My theory is the same one that most of you have, that all the home repair stuff will always be there. As long as the trip has no signifigant impact on our finances than we go.

We use our Disney Visa to pay for almost everything, but pay it off quickly. That way we rack up the points. I know that somefolks have been able to pay for whole trips by using their cards. I find that amazing.

Ugh. Yes, we desperately need new carpet all over the house, the outside needs to be painted, the AC needs to be fixed, several appliances need to be replaced, the list goes on and on. (Hitting that 10-year old mark seems tough on a house, lol!)

But... instead we're going to Disney World :cool1: It's just hard for me to make home repair stuff a priority as well, as long as we can make do somehow without it.

This is the first year ever though, that we aren't using our tax refund to pay cash for our yearly vacation. (That's because we didn't get one, in fact we owed, a LOT!) And we are using the 6-months deal on the Disney Visa instead, but that will be our only debt during that time (other than the mortgage and car payment) I feel a little guilty for financing a vacation, but the reality is that it shouldn't be any problem at all to pay it off in time, unless something really terrible happens. And I prefer to just not think about that possibility. :goodvibes

We always set a vacation budget for a year and then book with a down payment. Then we figure out how much per month to pay it off and have it done a few months before we go...that's why we like to book 9-12 months out. I booked this April trip in July (about 5 days after we had just gotten back from WDW, lol) and we were able to chop at it monthly and pay it off in January. :cool1:
Just working it into our budget takes the stress off. We don't use CC's or have CC debt so we have to so it this way.

But....my DH would be sooooo annoyed with me if we put off house stuff because of a trip. We had to replace our stove and dishwasher recently and stuff like replacing car tires ($1800 for both cars) had to be done recently :sad:
But we take that money out of savings (and we have our budget in place to replenish that too). He really wants to finish the basement and I don't think I'm going to be able to get away with not doing it anymore...he wants it this year :scared:

Since we have a trip planned for Feb 2014, and hope to stay at Poly, that's going to be interesting....:lmao:

momtwoboys said:
44 days for us too! Trying to get excited about our resort change, but its a teeny bit tough:sad2:... everyone else is happy about it. Got to get myself on board:cheer2:

Where are you staying?

POP! from AOA with no discount to POR with discount to POP with even more of a discount...its good! I'm happy!

momtwoboys said:
POP! from AOA with no discount to POR with discount to POP with even more of a discount...its good! I'm happy!

Oh my goodness!!

I'm sure anywhere if fine as long as you're in Disney :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter